COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Cascadia

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:56 am
zsn wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:42 pm

probably true. Why won't they release the reports? They should be releasing every bit of information they have as quickly as possible so that as much information and data is available as possible. Another tool to use against the skeptics instead of giving them a tool to use against you.
If “they” released EVERY bit of information what qualifications do you have to a. know that they have released EVERYTHING and b. know what that information actually signifies?

You probably have to rely upon the interpretations of some “expert” who is probably feeding this nonsense that Pfizer is somehow hiding information now. How do you know that Pfizer hasn’t already released everything? What is your expertise to determine that?

Maybe the experts who are making regulatory decisions already have everything they need you are just amplifying some grifter’s conspiracy theories. Perhaps NOTHING will satisfy you (the rhetorical ‘you’ - I mean the ‘doubters’)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abc10. ... ec0a2d6616
Part of the issue, it claims, is that the FDA office that would need to do the work has ten employees, including two trainees, and is currently processing about 400 FOIA requests. It also says the process is time-consuming as each page must be reviewed "line-by-line" and some information exempt from FOIA would need to be redacted.

The FDA said the standard would be to release 500 pages per month on a rolling basis — 6,000 pages per year. Divide 329,000 by 6,000 and the result is 54.83 years.

At that pace, the request wouldn't be fully answered until 2076.

"Courts do not waiver from the standard 500 page per month processing rate even when a FOIA request would take years to process," the FDA said.

Seems like basic math and a colossal waste of time. All to please a bunch a magaite idiots. yeah!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I do a lot of FOIA requests. 55 years quote is normal government BS.

But, that's a lot of docs, it will take a lot of time, the Judge will try and set a reasonable timeline. And the cost of labor should absolutely fall on the requester.

It's not some cover up or reluctance to release the info, though.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:43 am I do a lot of FOIA requests. 55 years quote is normal government BS.

But, that's a lot of docs, it will take a lot of time, the Judge will try and set a reasonable timeline. And the cost of labor should absolutely fall on the requester.

It's not some cover up or reluctance to release the info, though.
Are you sure, though?

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:19 am
Leawood wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:09 pm I have said it many times. When some fat ass in overalls and no shirt has full blown Covid and his fat ass wife in a house coat begs for Grandpa to have a ventilator, I would straighten his red MAGA hat give him all the morphine he wants. And I would let his dumbshit family, including grandkids, sit close to him without masks to breathe his exhaled air. Fuck them.
Yep. This guy get it's.

PSA for the two dipshits, this is not satire.
I can't be this heartless, but unvaccinated people should go to the back of any line to receive treatment. A quarantined back of the line.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:52 am
TDub wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:42 pm

probably true. Why won't they release the reports? They should be releasing every bit of information they have as quickly as possible so that as much information and data is available as possible. Another tool to use against the skeptics instead of giving them a tool to use against you.
If “they” released EVERY bit of information what qualifications do you have to a. know that they have released EVERYTHING and b. know what that information actually signifies?

You probably have to rely upon the interpretations of some “expert” who is probably feeding this nonsense that Pfizer is somehow hiding information now. How do you know that Pfizer hasn’t already released everything? What is your expertise to determine that?

Maybe the experts who are making regulatory decisions already have everything they need you are just amplifying some grifter’s conspiracy theories. Perhaps NOTHING will satisfy you (the rhetorical ‘you’ - I mean the ‘doubters’)
is there a good reason that they need to delay it by 55 years?
My question remains unanswered. Even if the FDA dropped everything they are doing and released whatever it is (rhetorical) you are asking are you going to be satisfied? What qualifications do you have that the FDA panelists don’t have that you are going to glean valuable insights? What is the chance that you won’t just come up with additional conspiracy theories?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:16 am
TDub wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:52 am

is there a good reason that they need to delay it by 55 years?
My question remains unanswered. Even if the FDA dropped everything they are doing and released whatever it is (rhetorical) you are asking are you going to be satisfied? What qualifications do you have that the FDA panelists don’t have that you are going to glean valuable insights? What is the chance that you won’t just come up with additional conspiracy theories?
me personally? Ive had my vaccine.

Although, I'm not real excited about needing a constant software upgrade via booster shot...feels like the subscription service that Toyota rolled out for their remote start
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:14 am
Leawood wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:09 pm I have said it many times. When some fat ass in overalls and no shirt has full blown Covid and his fat ass wife in a house coat begs for Grandpa to have a ventilator, I would straighten his red MAGA hat give him all the morphine he wants. And I would let his dumbshit family, including grandkids, sit close to him without masks to breathe his exhaled air. Fuck them.
Yep. This guy get it's.

I can't be this heartless, but unvaccinated people should go to the back of any line to receive treatment. A quarantined back of the line.
That's because this isn't about health and safety or saving lives anymore for a lot of you. It's about something much different. Comply or die. But let's remember it's not just Republicans you evil fucks want to deny medical service/care to. More than just Republicans who are unvaccinated. Might want to rethink who all this would impact.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:22 am

Yep. This guy get it's.

That's because this isn't about health and safety or saving lives anymore for a lot of you. It's about something much different. Comply or die. But let's remember it's not just Republicans you evil fucks want to deny medical service/care to. More than just Republicans who are unvaccinated. Might want to rethink who all this would impact.
Shut up, I wasn't talking to you.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:29 am

Shut up, I wasn't talking to you.
Potd
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yep. This guy get it's.

I would imagine that the insurance companies will start to get cranky.
Deleted User 863

You wanting to deny medical care/treatment to the black people who aren't vaccinated (either by choice because of distrust, or not by choice because of lack of access for numerous reasons)? Or just the Unvaccinated republicans?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Yep. This guy get it's.

How do you know exactly what it is and isn't "for a lot of you"?
While no doubt they exist, I don't know a single person who's attitude is "comply or die".
I don't want anyone to be denied medical care but I sure as heck would rather someone who gives a damn about themself and others gets medical care ahead of someone who doesn't.
I have personally been impacted in many ways due to assholes that believed they were Covid immune and extremely negligent because of it. Decent chance my bro in law would still be alive and receiving life saving treatment/s that would have enabled him to live a decent life - if those people didn't exist.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:42 am

How do you know exactly what it is and isn't "for a lot of you"?
While no doubt they exist, I don't know a single person who's attitude is "comply or die".
I don't want anyone to be denied medical care but I sure as heck would rather someone who gives a damn about themself and others gets medical care ahead of someone who doesn't.
I have personally been impacted in many ways due to assholes that believed they were Covid immune and extremely negligent because of it. Decent chance my bro in law would still be alive and receiving life saving treatment/s that would have enabled him to live a decent life - if those people didn't exist.
I was much more succinct.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:42 am I don't want anyone to be denied medical care
Well others in here do, so you'll have to address that with them.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:32 am

Yep. This guy get it's.

I really don't understand your post. Are you saying that the insurance companies will not want to cover non-vaccinated? If so, I agree. It could be one way to get a little more people vaccinated.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:49 am

I really don't understand your post. Are you saying that the insurance companies will not want to cover non-vaccinated? If so, I agree. It could be one way to get a little more people vaccinated.
Correct. Medical providers have oaths, insurance companies have bottom lines.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yep. This guy get it's.

I agree with the principle here, but I always get stuck when I think about kids, who had nothing to do with their dipshit parents being dipshits.
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:58 am

Yep. This guy get it's.

I agree with the principle here, but I always get stuck when I think about kids, who had nothing to do with their dipshit parents being dipshits.
Let em die. They'll grow up to vote for the enemy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yall!

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620682/

The Coronavirus Turned a Rural County Into a Battleground for Millionaires

A lawsuit, a super PAC, and the Texas attorney general brought national pandemic politics to small-town America.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:52 am
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:49 am

Correct. Medical providers have oaths, insurance companies have bottom lines.
Especially now that they can't claim stupidity as a preexisting condition that keeps the insurance company from having to pay out.