2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Peters trader to Baltimore for a Lb and a 5th round pick.

Chiefs did really well to get their return. Rams lost that trade, definitely.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Made room for Ramsey, I think they’ll take that swap.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Called it, CnB. Ramsey to the Rams for the Rams next 25 yrs of first round picks.

In all seriousness I’m glad that isn’t a move that Veach made.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2021 4th.
I'm with you holiday.
Too much.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Not only that but you have to pay him next year and a hefty sum at that.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I honestly have no idea how the Rams are going to pay everyone top dollar at premium positions.

Goff already has a big extension, Gurley as well, and Donald has a big number and Cooks is also paid very high.

I mean, Ramsey doesn't have to get paid until after 2020, but don't think he'll play unless he gets a deal this offseason.

The Rams are going to regret that Goff extension big time. No way should he have $30+M against the cap every year. They might get out of it after 2021 or something like that because the dead cap wouldn't be too high for the remaining years he has left.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

On the flip side, Rams/Chiefs should both have late 20's draft picks for next few years.

You aren't getting the value of the best corner in the game with 2 picks in the late 20's, not even close. Almost every team's #1 outside corner is always going to be a bear of a contract and they now have a ton of cap room there with Peters out and Talib likely being done after this season.

Rams were in the Super Bowl last year, so I get it. You only make moves like this to win now, and they're in win-now mode. I'm sure the fans are happy and the team was built well that it's not close to a franchise crippling move.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Marcus Peters was picked mid to late 1st.
Aqib Talib was picked late in the 1st.
Xavier Rhodes late in the 1st.
Casey Hayward and Darius Slay in the 2nd.

You can land a great corner and get them on a rookie deal -- giving up three picks and then having to pay top dollar wouldn't be the route i'd go.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Assuming that goes to plan, and so many 1st round corners miss. Plus, no rookie is going to be close to the best corner in the league, which Ramsey is. It doesn't help them at all until like 2021 and the window could look very different by then.

Peters was trash and Talib went to the IR. Counting on late 20's picks in summer 2020 and 2021 is kicking the can down the road and more often than not that is getting teams in trouble.

When you're the Rams/Chiefs, you go after it now, and that's why the Chiefs were in the Ramsey sweepstakes until the very end and why they committed franchise record money to overrated domestic abuser Frank Clark.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

When the Chiefs should have franchised Dee Ford, signed Houston and used their 1st round pick on Rock Ya-Sin. And then still have their 2nd next year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ford, maybe. Houston just seem(ed)(s) done, which I know he had some good plays in Kansas City--probably to be expected.

I bet Frank Clark figures it out. The worst move would be to not spend any money on the defense, and Chiefs seem to be doing that. You just can't end up in a Green Bay situation where they have a million dollar quarterback and a 10-cent roster.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 am Ford, maybe. Houston just seem(ed)(s) done, which I know he had some good plays in Kansas City--probably to be expected.

I bet Frank Clark figures it out. The worst move would be to not spend any money on the defense, and Chiefs seem to be doing that. You just can't end up in a Green Bay situation where they have a million dollar quarterback and a 10-cent roster.
Exactly. Clark will figure it out. The spent on defense, which they should have done. Just hasn't worked out in 6 games of a 16 game season. Maybe they'll be bad this whole year, who knows. But chances are they'll figure it out, they are too good not to.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would say the chances are actually not good they ( if they we mean the Chiefs defense ) figure it out.
They've been awful in the past and are awful now.
Honey Badger good acquisition b/c it was just money. Clark bad acquisition, draft capital.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Well you can't say past for this defense. Mostly all new starters, new scheme and coaches. But I get it.

They just need to be competent against the run. Opposing teams are figuring out that they are able to just run the ball and use TOP in their favor to win games. Have to make those stops and stop allowing 6 yards per carry on quite a few first downs.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They need to tackle and stack the box. Cover corners would be nice. No reason to fear the big play when you lose games due to ball control. Incidentally, ball control is hard for any team to stop depending on the refs you are saddled with. Last week was locked-in to suck. Kelce needs to get some calls. May be a personality thing.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Lock of the year? Saints +3.5 VS. Bears
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs are dogs too.
This is a big game.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

tonight is the Contender or Pretender game.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

No it’s not. Not even close really.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

But I will say this. They should beat a team led by Joe Flacco. But the Chiefs have also a ton of smaller injuries that have hit at a bad time. They’ll be healthy once the stretch season hits.

I think the Chiefs are still a really good team with the injuries. The 2 teams they lost to are both playoff teams. Denver is not.