Titanic
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Avengers Infinity War
Deleted User 266

Re: Late Night

Post by Deleted User 266 »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Paul1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:10 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:37 pm Snoop is in a category with guys like Jay Z and Dr Dre. He may not have as many recent hits as J Cole, but he is still big enough in the rap/music culture that players and recruits these days still know his songs and can still sell out arenas playing the same songs that made him famous in the 90s and 00s.

I would actually say getting Snoop is bigger than getting J Cole when it comes generating buzz to an overall fan base. EVERYONE at Late Night knew who Snoop Dogg was. Not everyone would have known J Cole.
FWIW (which is less than 2 cents) a simple Ticketmaster search shows me he's hardly selling out 2,500 - 5,000 seat arenas.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/snoop-dogg ... ist/763942

I have no idea what it cost to have Snoop come to KU and who actually paid for it but in hindsight it might not have been such a great investment. If we need Snoop to be a difference maker with a recruit signing with us then maybe we need to re-examine our recruiting process?
Less than a month ago he played the 17,000 seat SAP Center. Last year he did the 50,000 seat Aloha Stadium and Rupp Arena. I think the fact he's doing shows in places like the House of Blues as more to do with the fact he's 50 and doing fewer shows than the idea he can't get fans in a bigger place.

Then again, I'm not a close personal friend, so you probably are right.
Right, he played in the SAP center last month with a bunch of other people. Do you know how many people were there - just to see him perform? Me either.
Right, last year he played in Aloha Stadium. WITH Cardi B, and Sublime. Again, do you know how many people were there - just to see him perform? Me either.
Like I said, looks like he's having trouble "selling out" 2,500-5,000 seat "arenas".
You want to continue to be a dick towards me because of it - go ahead. Have at it.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Bill denying that this was a taunt was not what he should have done. That old saying that you can confirm something only when someone denies it. He should have just said "we invited Snoop for the students, as that's what they wanted" and just leave it at that. Anyone who gets offended can go join the women's march.
noosh

Post by noosh »

agree. bill is def losing it and i think the end is going to be pretty messy. he'll it's already sloppy as fuck.
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »