2020 offseason thread

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 289

Re: 2020 offseason thread

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Just realized I posted that on the wrong thread! Damn! My mind must be elsewhere.
To answer your question - I often order from Salerno's and I go big. Burger, Vesuvio potatoes, and pizza.
Trying to lose some weight right now but I figure one pig out meal a week is ok for me to do.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Supposed to rain this weekend in the bluegrass. I still my fire up the smoker for pulled pork or short ribs.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Emmett Jones gets an extension through 2022 and a title of Passing Game Coordinator.

So he'll be around.. Big sigh of relief.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:15 pm Emmett Jones gets an extension through 2022 and a title of Passing Game Coordinator.

So he'll be around.. Big sigh of relief.
Sounds like his daughter might play VB at KU as well... GREAT NEWS.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah apparently she's a stud.

Jones will stay here as long as he wants. Long and Miles won't let him leave for a small raise. He'll get whatever he wants within reason.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Finally some continuity. Back to ‘crootin and keeping HR successful.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:50 pm Just realized I posted that on the wrong thread! Damn! My mind must be elsewhere.
To answer your question - I often order from Salerno's and I go big. Burger, Vesuvio potatoes, and pizza.
Trying to lose some weight right now but I figure one pig out meal a week is ok for me to do.
Little less frequency
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Anyone else hear that Franks is taking a visit to Arkansas?
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Franks?

I put that shit on everything.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Baylor going hard after Fuente from VaTech. He hasn’t been what was expected of him there, but hasn’t been bad either. Would be a good hire for Baylor.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Fuente decided to stay at Va Tech instead of going to Baylor.

Dave Aranda, LSU's DC, is expected to be the next head coach at Baylor.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That new safeties coach signed a six year deal with two guaranteed. Making 200k up from 175k he made last year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:39 am Anyone else hear that Franks is taking a visit to Arkansas?
Yes I think it's done suppose to be announced today
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Newton didn't break the Coe Harris news?

Unlike the Silvio situation, I think this is where you have to cut ties.

I'll preface with this being an assumption, but it smells like this is now 2 felony arrests related to drug ring. And, even if not, why the need to be in bumfuck Missouri so much with a gun he's illegally possessing? Plus he had another arrest in JoCo this past month.

He has regressed as a player, so makes you wonder where his head has been. I don't think he needs football right now.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/ka ... ny-charges
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:33 am Newton didn't break the Coe Harris news?

Unlike the Silvio situation, I think this is where you have to cut ties.

I'll preface with this being an assumption, but it smells like this is now 2 felony arrests related to drug ring. And, even if not, why the need to be in bumfuck Missouri so much with a gun he's illegally possessing? Plus he had another arrest in JoCo this past month.

He has regressed as a player, so makes you wonder where his head has been. I don't think he needs football right now.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/ka ... ny-charges
I did see it last night and read it a bit but didn't come to here to break it. (Kids had me all sorts of occupied)

But yeah, arrested twice in like a 2 month window. First one for license suspended or something along those lines. This is a felony arrest. Completely different and fairly serious arrest. And before people talk about Pooka's thing. Pooka was a he said, she said scenario more than anything. This seems very serious and worrisome.

I do agree with the last line. He has seemed to fall off a bit. While recognizable because of his hair, his play hasn't done much to be recognized with after a promising freshman year. He probably got caught up in the wrong thing, and it's shown both in his decision making and his play on the field.

I imagine he's off the team by the time Spring ball rolls around.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think there are 2 drug and/or weapon related in Southern Missouri and the license suspension arrest was in JoCo.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. Regardless, multiple incidents in a very short window when he was probably already on close watch.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And, here's something to think about: how does a 4* highly ranked guy at a premium position fall to David Beaty and Kansas?

Not to take away anything from Hull's work, but it would make sense if he was a red flag the whole time.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That's what makes recruiting such a crapshoot. Never know the actual character of kids until they are on campus for multiple years.

From all accounts, he seemed like a good kid, a good teammate and a good talent at a premium position like you said.

Sometimes, things go south really fast and it gets out of control. My guess that's what happened here.

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Most of those types of stories have the "he seemed like a good kid" line in it somewhere.