This Should Be Good.....

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 am
re: Kraus, yeah he comes across as such an antagonist in this. Like they never show him smiling or being agreeable or anything. He's portrayed as this short, fat, petty little man who wears this perpetual shady frown, who is constantly getting picked on, and who has some Napoleon complex going on, running around telling everyone to give him credit too? (They might have said this, but) what was his redeeming worth? If everybody hated him then why'd they keep him around so long?
Not many liked him, but you can't deny he was great at his job. Job of a GM is to build a team to win. If he can do that while having everyone hate him, I'd guess that is his redeeming worth.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:41 am
LVCHawk wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 am Sorry for the repost, but I couldn't find the old thread I made a few years back. It must have been on .Net.

Anyways, for those that didn't see, didn't know, didn't care, but maybe now are interested because of the documentary, here are some pics from when the 97-98 team visited Allen Field House. As the show said last night when talking about the exhibition season, Pippen and Rodman weren't there, and I can remember standing in line wondering if the team would even be together but at the time you just felt there was no way they were going to break the champs up as they were going for another 3-Peat. Stood in line 8.5 hours out in front of AFH and was able to snag some tickets.

https://imgur.com/a/nHlBW
I probably posted on .Net, but I was also there. I remember that in the days leading up there was talk about Michael not making it to the game. It was something like the day before where it was confirmed he'd be there. I still haven't been to a place with that many camera flashes.

The game was also a pretty short time after Shawn Kemp was traded for Vin Baker. That was a bummer. If my memory is right, the Glove was there.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_MKQFiAnhT/?
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Grandma wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:00 am
LVCHawk wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 am Sorry for the repost, but I couldn't find the old thread I made a few years back. It must have been on .Net.

Anyways, for those that didn't see, didn't know, didn't care, but maybe now are interested because of the documentary, here are some pics from when the 97-98 team visited Allen Field House. As the show said last night when talking about the exhibition season, Pippen and Rodman weren't there, and I can remember standing in line wondering if the team would even be together but at the time you just felt there was no way they were going to break the champs up as they were going for another 3-Peat. Stood in line 8.5 hours out in front of AFH and was able to snag some tickets.

https://imgur.com/a/nHlBW
I probably posted on .Net, but I was also there. I remember that in the days leading up there was talk about Michael not making it to the game. It was something like the day before where it was confirmed he'd be there. I still haven't been to a place with that many camera flashes.

The game was also a pretty short time after Shawn Kemp was traded for Vin Baker. That was a bummer. If my memory is right, the Glove was there.
Awesome, haven't seen that pic before. Who wins a dunkoff that day? Earl, Gregory or old man Jordan? Probably going with young Gregory.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Probably has been said in the past, just slipping my mind, but what was the reason for Chicago and Seattle to play an exhibition game in Lawrence?
Deleted User 289

Trying (unsuccessfully) to post Snacks Instagram posts.
I'll keep trying.

Damn! Won't work! I guess if you really care you can simply go to Instagram and check out coachjhoward.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:14 am Probably has been said in the past, just slipping my mind, but what was the reason for Chicago and Seattle to play an exhibition game in Lawrence?
I'm guessing it was a favor to Roy, or Roy hooked it up somehow at least because of his relationship with MJ.
Deleted User 289

I think that's a good guess. Also, Sam Perkins was on the Sonics so that would be another factor in terms of the Roy influence.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

LVCHawk wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
NDballer13 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:14 am Probably has been said in the past, just slipping my mind, but what was the reason for Chicago and Seattle to play an exhibition game in Lawrence?
I'm guessing it was a favor to Roy, or Roy hooked it up somehow at least because of his relationship with MJ.
It was pretty common for NBA teams to play exo's in big college arenas back then. It might even still be happening today. They still do similar stuff now in that they play a lot of exo's in non-NBA cities. The Sprint Center has an NBA and NHL exo every year.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 am
It was pretty common for NBA teams to play exo's in big college arenas back then. It might even still be happening today. They still do similar stuff now in that they play a lot of exo's in non-NBA cities. The Sprint Center has an NBA and NHL exo every year.
Sure, but why the biggest team in the world on their last legs decided to come to Lawrence, KS almost assuredly has something to do with Roy or Dean's connection to Kansas.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Grandma wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:53 am
KU76erfan wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:28 pm Jabba the Krause
CRUMBS to you!
I would run in to him often.
He LOVED to eat at a place called Hub's. I would eat there about once a week and I would see him in there a couple of times a month. Indeed he inhaled his food and wasn't the most pleasant of people.
I was actually sympathetic. He was always alone and no one in Chicago really liked him. Even when he was winning championships.
I've too often met these types in the music world; gigantic ego yet deep down incredibly insecure.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh yeah!

I meant to comment this sooner, but Roy does come across as incredibly smug in this, even by Roy standards.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 am
Yeah, I remember the Bulls? and Thunder playing a game where Collison and Hinrich were being the main players in the promotion. But those were Kansas guys in Kansas's back yard. To my knowledge, there was no KU connection to the Bulls/Sonics game other than Roy was an assistant for MJ at UNC.

Timberwolves used to always play a game in either Bismarck or Fargo during the 90s, so I knew playing exhibition games throughout the region wasn't really a rare thing. Just seemed like Lawrence, KS doesn't really fit that same explanation for a game between Chicago and Seattle.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think everyone wanted to see MJ and Stern knew it was the last chance to get him to more rural areas.
Deleted User 289

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:25 pm oh yeah!

I meant to comment this sooner, but Roy does come across as incredibly smug in this, even by Roy standards.
Supposedly..... Roy is the reason why UNC went after Mike as hard as they did. At least he likes to claim he was.
Supposedly......Other coaches on the staff didn't know much about him when he was in HS and those who did weren't too impressed.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the one with Collison and Heinrich was a blast...other than the slums in that game, i don’t know
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Holidaysmore - 2005
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:58 pm
the one with Collison and Heinrich was a blast...other than the slums in that game, i don’t know
That was a fun game (I want to say 2006 or 2007)?
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

thekid6 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:24 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:58 pm
That was a fun game (I want to say 2006 or 2007)?
yes it was...and those years sound about right
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

LVCHawk wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:11 am
Grandma wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:00 am

Awesome, haven't seen that pic before. Who wins a dunkoff that day? Earl, Gregory or old man Jordan? Probably going with young Gregory.
Wait, where is Gutter in that pic?
Deleted User 289

Hmmm. How to answer Plano's question.
Maybe.... I'm not in it. I was banging your mom in the handicapped stall in the mens room down the hall?
Nah, not at all funny and probably not how I should answer the question.
Maybe..... I'm the black guy wearing the suit in the middle?
Again, not funny and probably not how I should answer his question.
Maybe.... I'm not in it. I was probably getting high somewhere in the Chicagoland area when it was taken?
That's probably the true answer.
I'm wondering what was the response Plano was seeking from me and/or anyone else.