Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by jhawks99 »

That sucks. Season 1 was pretty good.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:51 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 pm I kind of got into Vietnam the other night, the Ken Burns doc on Netflix. Really well done, and more entertaining than a stuffy history doc could/should/would be.

It's crazy that the country expected so many young Mericans to be dropped into a dense jungle on the other side of the globe, with the adversaries so much better prepared to fight in such conditions. They practically baited us in to ambush situations, over and over, and it's not like the support could differentiate between friend of foe down in the jungle when they were just dropping napalm out of a plane.

Recommended viewing, especially for those who think it's some huge sacrifice that we're called to just stay home and do nothing for a couple weeks...
Man, that was really good. The detail was pretty incredible. I thought I was fairly well versed in the war, but this blew my mind.
Perhaps the most unique thing about Vietnam compared to any other war was the growing domestic protest.

My WW2 vet grandpa told some crazy stories, but never one about fellow Americans expressing doubt whether his effort was even worthwhile.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:51 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:36 pm I kind of got into Vietnam the other night, the Ken Burns doc on Netflix. Really well done, and more entertaining than a stuffy history doc could/should/would be.

It's crazy that the country expected so many young Mericans to be dropped into a dense jungle on the other side of the globe, with the adversaries so much better prepared to fight in such conditions. They practically baited us in to ambush situations, over and over, and it's not like the support could differentiate between friend of foe down in the jungle when they were just dropping napalm out of a plane.

Recommended viewing, especially for those who think it's some huge sacrifice that we're called to just stay home and do nothing for a couple weeks...
Man, that was really good. The detail was pretty incredible. I thought I was fairly well versed in the war, but this blew my mind.
I talked to John Musgrave on the phone a couple years ago. He was the Marine that took some machine gun rounds and somehow survived. My artillery battery shot for his units activity after he was medivaced out.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Why does Trevor Noah (whoever that is) have a show? He is not funny at all. Its terrible.
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 pm Why does Trevor Noah (whoever that is) have a show? He is not funny at all. Its terrible.
A question I have also asked repeatedly.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 pm Why does Trevor Noah (whoever that is) have a show? He is not funny at all. Its terrible.
he’s definitely no John Stewart
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Why am I not surprised?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Because youve seen him to and realize hes terribly unfunny?
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I know I’m bringing up something that was talked about a few weeks ago. Just finished Tiger King.

Holy shit.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Tales From The Loop is on Amazon Prime.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:03 pm I know I’m bringing up something that was talked about a few weeks ago. Just finished Tiger King.

Holy shit.
Not too late. Tiger King now lives synonymously with COVID-19.

And then Joe tests positive for COVID-19--it's almost scripted.

Dude's from Garden City, of course.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Tiger King Episode IV had me howling with laughter and cringing at the same time.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve been curious about the whole exotic pets in America sitch. Like on a practical level how much effort it would take to have a pet big cat.

Like if beav and I text the landlord and ask if we can get a cat, the burden is on the landlord to confirm it’s not like a liger or something, right? Bred for its skills in magic.

And for real, Carole killed her husband.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

never pegged you as a cat person
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm not.

I'm a magic person.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 am I'm not.

I'm a magic person.
Is this the part where Ph.D. chimes in with “We’re all magic people now”?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm
Interesting because I usually watch and enjoy his show but right now he's clearly a shadow of his usual self.
Not too easy to do a show out of your home when you usually have a live audience and a huge crew in a studio.
The thing you might want to give him some credit for during his wfh is how he's had people such as Fauci and Bill Gates WANT to be on his show - and he's done a fine job of speaking with them.

As far as asking who he is, I find him to be an interesting and intelligent person.
What little I do know about him I read about him years ago. I know he's from South Africa and he has a white father and a black mother - obviously "frowned upon" back in the 80s when he was born.
His stepfather beat him and shot his mother in the head. She survived.
He was an extremely popular comedian in South Africa and he's won an Emmy Award for the Daily Show.

Foreshadowing......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:29 am
Interesting because I usually watch and enjoy his show but right now he's clearly a shadow of his usual self.
Not too easy to do a show out of your home when you usually have a live audience and a huge crew in a studio.
The thing you might want to give him some credit for during his wfh is how he's had people such as Fauci and Bill Gates WANT to be on his show - and he's done a fine job of speaking with them.

As far as asking who he is, I find him to be an interesting and intelligent person.
What little I do know about him I read about him years ago. I know he's from South Africa and he has a white father and a black mother - obviously "frowned upon" back in the 80s when he was born.
He was an extremely popular comedian in South Africa and he's won an Emmy Award for the Daily Show.

Foreshadowing......
Show sucks. Unoriginal and repetitive.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

1. Tiger King. Wildly fascinating.
2. Ozark Season 3 was wildly entertaining.
3. In the same regards as your last statement I started watching Band of Brothers. One of the soldiers was commenting on why he enlisted...we did it because we were suppose to. They just don’t make em like they use to.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:07 am
Grandma wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:29 am

Foreshadowing......
Show sucks. Unoriginal and repetitive.
You're entitled to your opinion and although I disagree, I respect it.
My opinion is you made an ignorant statement in terms of it being "unoriginal and repetitive".
Would it be wrong of my to say using your logic that ALL "talk shows" and "news" forums are unoriginal and repetitive?