The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by Deleted User 289 »

PhD - I'll let you (and everyone else) in on a little secret. The USA government is full of shit too.
Probably not to the degree of the Chinese government but to a degree that is shameful and should be considered highly unacceptable.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:25 pm Did lobster move to Brooklyn?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... gents/amp/
Last time I heard from lobster, he was doing fine:

https://twitter.com/Dman_zn/status/1245 ... Etfw">Apri
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Florida's cases just about doubled today. Desantis didn't shut things down until after Spring Break was over, presumably because of money?

Then when he does shut things down he gives an exemption to churches. At the same time he won't let non Floridians from that boat who need immediate help into his state. I guess those go together because he's going to need to go to church to ask for some forgiveness for killing people.

He epitomizes this thread.
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:44 pm Florida's cases just about doubled today. Desantis didn't shut things down until after Spring Break was over, presumably because of money?

Then when he does shut things down he gives an exemption to churches. At the same time he won't let non Floridians from that boat who need immediate help into his state. I guess those go together because he's going to need to go to church to ask for some forgiveness for killing people.

Disney World was opened until like last week. Florida is such a service-first state, I get it, but damn, it's going to hurt to delay things by 2-3 weeks. I don't know much about Florida's culture outside of Miami, but I imagine there are a lot of people moving around there.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Vega wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:52 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:44 pm Florida's cases just about doubled today. Desantis didn't shut things down until after Spring Break was over, presumably because of money?

Then when he does shut things down he gives an exemption to churches.
At the same time he won't let non Floridians from that boat who need immediate help into his state. I guess those go together because he's going to need to go to church to ask for some forgiveness for killing people.

Disney World was opened until like last week. Florida is such a service-first state, I get it, but damn, it's going to hurt to delay things by 2-3 weeks. I don't know much about Florida's culture outside of Miami, but I imagine there are a lot of people moving around there.
No doubt "money" played a big part in DeSantis' decision to go against the widely-accepted opinion of public health experts and epidemiologists, but his, like a number of other republican governors, fealty to and fear of crossing Trump, also played a huge role. All you have to do is look at DeSantis' statements week after week refusing to close the beaches and "shut things down", where he repeatedly defers to Trump. And don't get me started on the fealty and fear they all share vis-a-vis "More Evidence Religion Makes You Dum", smh.

The models that are being used to attempt to forecast what's coming are imperfect for any number of reasons, but if they're anywhere near accurate, it appears that Gov. DeSantis has not only put Floridians in significantly more danger than was necessary, but vast parts of the rest of the country too because the all those people who spent spring break here in huge masses of humanity have now gone home to share their potential exposures with everyone they come into contact with.

It's hard to think of "Disney World" and the Petri dishes known as "cruise ships" as being significantly different when it comes to SARS CoV-2, other than people aren't trapped in Disney World, and Disney World isn't floating.

Gov. DeSantis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Z6bUe2K1U
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Never let a crisis go to waste. Push the agenda. Always.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:46 pm
Figures that's what Psych would take out of this.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's called analyzing the data to see how this pandemic affected specific citizens and then pushing to try to make changes to be better prepared next time. It's what adults should be doing.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 pm
Figures that's what Psych would take out of this.
Reparations is a nonsense idea used to rile people up.

AOC is a blithering idiot. That’s nothing new.

COVID-19 doesn’t care what color your skin is or what your party affiliation is, yet some people insist on continuing to bang the drum because, well, people might forget about them and they’d end up waitressing again.

So predictable; so dumb; so AOC.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:22 pm
It's called analyzing the data to see how this pandemic affected specific citizens and then pushing to try to make changes to be better prepared next time. It's what adults should be doing.
And the data says reparations are in order? Doubtful.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

You can't see the new pandemic caste system rearing it's ugly head?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you can if you look
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm you can if you look
Sorry, I have three masks on my face right now trying to avoid this little Chinese Flu. I can't see anything.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

What data?

If such data exists -- and I'm not saying it doesn't -- I'd like to see it.

But AOC doesn't actually give us any of it.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:20 pm
What data?

If such data exists -- and I'm not saying it doesn't -- I'd like to see it.

But AOC doesn't actually give us any of it.
AOC doesn't need any stinking data. She has, like, OutRAgE!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 pm You can't see the new pandemic caste system rearing it's ugly head?
I ask again: What does that have to do with reparations?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The rich are being bailed out.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:26 pm The rich are being bailed out.
Yep.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Feral wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:00 am
Vega wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Then when he does shut things down he gives an exemption to churches.
At the same time he won't let non Floridians from that boat who need immediate help into his state. I guess those go together because he's going to need to go to church to ask for some forgiveness for killing people.

No doubt "money" played a big part in DeSantis' decision to go against the widely-accepted opinion of public health experts and epidemiologists, but his, like a number of other republican governors, fealty to and fear of crossing Trump, also played a huge role. All you have to do is look at DeSantis' statements week after week refusing to close the beaches and "shut things down", where he repeatedly defers to Trump. And don't get me started on the fealty and fear they all share vis-a-vis "More Evidence Religion Makes You Dum", smh.

The models that are being used to attempt to forecast what's coming are imperfect for any number of reasons, but if they're anywhere near accurate, it appears that Gov. DeSantis has not only put Floridians in significantly more danger than was necessary, but vast parts of the rest of the country too because the all those people who spent spring break here in huge masses of humanity have now gone home to share their potential exposures with everyone they come into contact with.

It's hard to think of "Disney World" and the Petri dishes known as "cruise ships" as being significantly different when it comes to SARS CoV-2, other than people aren't trapped in Disney World, and Disney World isn't floating.
I heard that the original Spring Breakers cancelled their reservations and all the resorts expected they'd be shutting down and then a whole new group called and booked places and came down. Agree that it sure seemed like DeSantis was just unwilling to offend Trump. Lots of businesses, resorts, local city/county officials were shutting down their beaches and restaurants long before DeSantis did so.

No one had ever quite seen the numbers of people on the beach and in local tourist shops as in this Spring Break. Even after our county closed the public beaches, people with beach houses who consider their beach "private" were renting their houses and some were making deals with kids to let them on the beach.
Don't inject Lysol.