Pizza

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Pizza

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:34 am
PhDhawk wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:30 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:03 am

I just don't fuss over my pizza choices that much is all. I'll eat pizza from pretty much wherever. I've had some excellent ones but I don't have the mental energy to catalogue the best places in town to get it because I just don't care about it enough. Pizza Hut? Sounds good. The local place down the street that was named "Best Local Pizza of 2020"? Sounds good. Wherever.
You live in Omaha.

If you lived in a place that had truly great pizza you'd feel differently.
Maybe, who knows. My guess is that there are pickier pizza lovers in this city who would swear that there are truly great pizza places here. My New York friend had a favorite he swore was the best. My Chicago friend has a place he swore was the best. I ate at both with them; both were good. Whatever.
Errr....ok

But that's like saying there's no difference between a Honda Civic and a Ferrari, because they both have 4 wheels and get you from place to place. I mean, it just means you aren't paying attention.

If someone said a game at Allen Field House was good, but so is a game at the local middle school, I don't see the difference, you'd think they were crazy. Really, just means they probably don't care about basketball.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:37 am
You live in Omaha.

Maybe, who knows. My guess is that there are pickier pizza lovers in this city who would swear that there are truly great pizza places here. My New York friend had a favorite he swore was the best. My Chicago friend has a place he swore was the best. I ate at both with them; both were good. Whatever.
Errr....ok

But that's like saying there's no difference between a Honda Civic and a Ferrari, because they both have 4 wheels and get you from place to place. I mean, it just means you aren't paying attention.

If someone said a game at Allen Field House was good, but so is a game at the local middle school, I don't see the difference, you'd think they were crazy. Really, just means they probably don't care about basketball.
He's right, though. Every midwestern city has a shockingly-large contingent who will insist that their city's Thing X is competitive with, like, New York City's Thing X.

With exceedingly rare exceptions, this is just insecure bullshit.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:09 am

Errr....ok

He's right, though. Every midwestern city has a shockingly-large contingent who will insist that their city's Thing X is competitive with, like, New York City's Thing X.

I think what you mean is, I was right when I posted:
You live in Omaha.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Errr....ok

If I am reading right, twocoach thinks pizza is one of those things where there is no difference between New York City Thing X and Little Caesars.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You live in Omaha.

Errr....ok

I didn't say there is no difference. I just don't care enough about the difference to only buy it from certain places. I care about how a car drives so the difference factors into my choice in automobile. I care about the venue in which I watch a basketball game so I enjoy seeing a game at AFH more than I enjoy it at whatever Creighton's arena is called this year. But pizza? The difference just isn't something I care much about.

I am picky about the beer I drink but not the pizza I eat. If there's pizza somewhere, I'll probably eat it. If there is gross beer, I'll pass on it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 am
Errr....ok

If I am reading right, twocoach thinks pizza is one of those things where there is no difference between New York City Thing X and Little Caesars.
There's a difference. But if they are both at a party on a tray, I'll eat either one and not fuss about it.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:57 am Not sure if you did delivery, but something I have been reminded of over and over during COVID is how shitty delivery makes the food.
yes
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:42 am A great pizza isn't that much different to me than a mediocre pizza so I really don't go out of my way to find great pizza.
I guess if you were to compare types of food that depend very much on quality and preparation, pizza isn't as much on the spectrum as say sushi or say a good steak where you can totally fuck it up - but saying a great pizza isn't that much different than a mediocre pizza makes me want you to eat Dominos in Nebraska, fly to NYC, and eat at some of the highest recommended spots there.

Or just get a slice at Joe's in Greenwich and compare it to your Dominos slice.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK, i'm catching up on this thread.
Thank you all for your service.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am
twocoach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:42 am A great pizza isn't that much different to me than a mediocre pizza so I really don't go out of my way to find great pizza.
I guess if you were to compare types of food that depend very much on quality and preparation, pizza isn't as much on the spectrum as say sushi or say a good steak where you can totally fuck it up - but saying a great pizza isn't that much different than a mediocre pizza makes me want you to eat Dominos in Nebraska, fly to NYC, and eat at some of the highest recommended spots there.

If a great pizza place pops up within a 20 minute drive of my house then I'll get more choosy. Since I don't want to fly to NYC whenever my family wants pizza, I'll keep grabbing it from Pizza Hut or the grocery store and not worry about it.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

cool story

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

might as well just stop at Casey’s
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 pm might as well just stop at Casey’s
Grab me a breakfast slice bro!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Two coach doesn’t care much about pizza.....9 posts later.....
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Never had Casey's but friends say it ain't bad.
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

It’s not awful.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I understand there is good pizza and bad pizza. Ill eat any of it.

I understand there is good beer and bad beer (opinions vary) ill drink all of it....unless its a nasty ass hoppy ass IPA micro fancy pants. Then ill throw it at somebody and drive to the store.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am

If a great pizza place pops up within a 20 minute drive of my house then I'll get more choosy. Since I don't want to fly to NYC whenever my family wants pizza, I'll keep grabbing it from Pizza Hut or the grocery store and not worry about it.
I get that.
Convenience/ease drive a number of my take out/dine in options.
I'll eat pizza at Domino's because it's still pizza.
I'll get some combo plate with an egg roll at Panda Express.
Some baby back ribs at Chile's or something.

But i'm not gonna say that Panda Express isn't much different than a spot in Chinatown.
Or Chile's ribs aren't much different than KC Joe's.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:18 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am

I get that.
Convenience/ease drive a number of my take out/dine in options.
I'll eat pizza at Domino's because it's still pizza.
I'll get some combo plate with an egg roll at Panda Express.
Some baby back ribs at Chile's or something.

But i'm not gonna say that Panda Express isn't much different than a spot in Chinatown.
Or Chile's ribs aren't much different than KC Joe's.
Then for the picky wordsmiths here I will restate my position as "there isn't a pizza within a reasonable drive from my house that is so good that I will go to it rather than just pick up a fresh made pizza at my grocery store or order Pizza Hut."

I would assume that there are pizzas in Chicago or New York that are significantly better than what is available to me but those aren't available to me so it doesn't matter how great they are. The conversation was about what pizza you get where you live not "what's the best pizza in the nation?"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:27 pm Two coach doesn’t care much about pizza.....9 posts later.....
Slow day at work.