Playoffs

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Playoffs

Post by twocoach »

If Brady put his knee down at :01 and it was fourth down, shouldn't Green Bay get the ball?!?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:20 pm If Brady put his knee down at :01 and it was fourth down, shouldn't Green Bay get the ball?!?
? It was first down.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:08 pm Coaching has been ???
Terrible. Both sides. Dumb mistakes. More than just the head coaches too.
Another HUGE reason why the Chiefs (God willing they win) will have an advtange against the Buccs.
Deleted User 289

ArgentineHawk wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:11 pm Refs have let these guys pull, push and tug all day. And of course Brady gets the call.
The idiotic thing was NO ONE mentioned that Wirfs (Buccs OL) had a BLATANT hold on the play too.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Grandma wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:27 pm
ArgentineHawk wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:11 pm Refs have let these guys pull, push and tug all day. And of course Brady gets the call.
The idiotic thing was NO ONE mentioned that Wirfs (Buccs OL) had a BLATANT hold on the play too.
Yeah. It was a Peyton Manning level OL choke hold too.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:24 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:20 pm If Brady put his knee down at :01 and it was fourth down, shouldn't Green Bay get the ball?!?
? It was first down.
Oh, for some reason I thought it was 4th down. Now I remember Godwin getting it. Having to watch on my phone with cable issues.

Got CBS Sports app through my Firestick do at least I dont have to watch the Chiefs on my damn phone.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:40 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:24 pm
? It was first down.
Oh, for some reason I thought it was 4th down. Now I remember Godwin getting it. Having to watch on my phone with cable issues.

Got CBS Sports app through my Firestick do at least I dont have to watch the Chiefs on my damn phone.
Indoor OTA antennas are great if you are in a metro.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Chiefs do not want to dig a big hole vs a team like the Bills...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Will be so hilarious if Rodgers is done in Green Bay. What an absolute waste of talent.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Getting dead air on CBS here
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:29 pm Getting dead air on CBS here
They don’t like to air live beatings!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:50 pm If the Chiefs beat the Bills 31-17 I'll drive down to Newton and personally give you a hug in a full HazMat suit.
Close enough? Lol I just had a feeling KC was so much better and they showed it yesterday.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Rodgers has some serious reflecting to do today.
Two things that should stick out for a while. 1) 3rd Down he should have ran. 2) 4th Down he should have stayed on the field and told LaFleur - you're an idiot, we are going for it.
Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are now tied for the most losses in championship games.
Rodgers is 1-4 and Brady is 10-4.

P.S. Rex Grossman won as many NFC Championship games as Aaron Rodgers has.

I don't think Brady is the GOAT but I also don't think anyone else is going to QB in 14 Conference Championship games and 10 Super Bowl games in any of our lifetime/s.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I don't think Brady is the GOAT"

Fail.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:55 am Rodgers has some serious reflecting to do today.
Two things that should stick out for a while. 1) 3rd Down he should have ran. 2) 4th Down he should have stayed on the field and told LaFleur - you're an idiot, we are going for it.
Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are now tied for the most losses in championship games.
Rodgers is 1-4 and Brady is 10-4.

P.S. Rex Grossman won as many NFC Championship games as Aaron Rodgers has.

I don't think Brady is the GOAT but I also don't think anyone else is going to QB in 14 Conference Championship games and 10 Super Bowl games in any of our lifetime/s.
Who the fuck is gutter?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 289

LOL at pdub's and Newton's responses.

It's an opinion guys. One I am hardly alone in having.

My argument FOR him being the GOAT is that the object of playing the game is to win championships.
Has there been a more successful QB in that regard? Heck no.
Championships won, Super Bowls played in, Conference Championships won and played in,
I believe Brady has those locked up - for now.
Meanwhile, fwiw, I realize he played in two different leagues, but I believe Otto Graham was 10-10 playing in league Championship games.

Who may have been better than Brady?
I don't have a definitive answer but......
Manning won 5 MVP awards.
I believe Manning has the most 4th Quarter comebacks in NFL history.
For whatever those things are worth.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Who may have been better than Brady?
I don't have a definitive answer."

"I don't think Brady is the GOAT."

1st all time in passing TDs.
2nd all time in passing yards.
2nd all time in completions.
4 Super Bowl MVPs - most ever.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ok then gutter. Using this logic, who is the GOAT LBJ or MJ? According to your logic, LBJ is the GOAT even though MJ is better in finals and that’s what seems to be the tipping point for many. I get that’s it’s been on a different bored and all that, but you better not contradict yourself.

You can’t look at things in a broad spectrum and NOT think that Brady is the best there’s ever been. From passing years, to TDs, to record setting seasons, to playing in conference championship game after conference championship. This will be Brady’s 10th SB appearance. In 21 seasons. That’s absurd on this sport where longevity is notoriously short.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Montana, Manning, Brady and Mahomes are my pantheon. In late game must win situations, not sure that Mahomes isn’t my pick. But all four were awesome. I leave Elway in the cold car dealership.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Crazy to think that Mahomes already has more Super Bowl appearances than Rodgers has had in like 10 fewer seasons. If he wins, he has the same amount of wins as Elway and Peyton.

I would agree spark. I'd do in order - Brady, Montana, Manning and Mahomes.