Is the Golden Era over?

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Is the Golden Era over?

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I will say this, some of the stuff i have seen illini fans say to/about players has been an insanely over the top negative. I am glad that 99.999% of Kansas fans do seem to keep it relatively reasonable when it comes to treating players like trash after a disappointing end to the season.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:31 pm I will say this, some of the stuff i have seen illini fans say to/about players has been an insanely over the top negative. I am glad that 99.999% of Kansas fans do seem to keep it relatively reasonable when it comes to treating players like trash after a disappointing end to the season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm I think Ochai improves from 3.
I think Braun improves from 3.
I think Bryce improves everywhere.
I think Jalen improves everywhere.
Harris will have more confidence.

Top 10 team with potential to be top 4.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... gs-2021-22

"5. Kansas Jayhawks
One of the best teams in the country over the final month of the season, Kansas should celebrate Bill Self's lifetime contract with a much more consistent group. The Jayhawks are likely to lose senior Marcus Garrett, but most of the rotation should return. Jalen Wilson and David McCormack both had long stretches where they looked like stars, while Christian Braun and Ochai Agbaji are stalwart starters. The big question could be at point guard without Garrett. But DaJuan Harris showed flashes of his two-way ability this past season, while former Louisville signee Bobby Pettiford was a top-100 prospect at the high school level. Self also has Bryce Thompson, who came into school with the reputation as a big-time scorer but struggled with injuries as a freshman. Kansas' frontcourt should be loaded, though, with top-50 prospects Zach Clemence and K.J. Adams entering the fold."

Even fucking Jeff Goodman likes us.

https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodmans- ... 4-05-2021/

"6. Kansas
Transferring: G Tyon Grant-Foster (Jr., 3.1 ppg), F Tristan Enaruna (Soph., 2.8 ppg), F Gethro Muscadin (Fr., 0.2 ppg)
Seniors: G *Marcus Garrett (11.0 ppg)
Likely Back: G *Ochai Agbaji (Jr., 14.1 ppg)
Back: C *David McCormack (Jr., 13.4 ppg, 6.1 rpg), F *Jalen Wilson (RS Fr., 11.8 ppg, 7.9 rpg), G *Christian Braun (Soph., 9.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg), G Bryce Thompson (Fr.), F Mitch Lightfoot (RS Sr.), PG Dajuan Harris Jr. (RS Fr.), PG Latrell Jossell (Fr.)
Add: C Zach Clemence (No. 39), PF K.J. Adams (No. 71), PG Bobby Pettiford (No. 88), PF Sydney Curry
Transfer Add: Cam Martin (Missouri Southern State, 25.0 ppg, 9.1 rpg)

The Jayhawks should return the majority of last year’s team and will add a few key pieces. Bill Self has a lifetime contract now, but he’ll need for the freshman Pettiford to be ready as he’ll be expected to make plays off the bounce. KU has a strong frontline of McCormack and Wilson, and quality perimeter players in Agbaji, Braun and Thompson. But the key comes at the point guard spot where it could be up to Pettiford to change the dynamic of this team."

"247Sports Composite class ranking: No. 6
Keep an eye on: TyTy Washington
The Jayhawks had one of the nation’s best defenses in the latter part of the season and should bring back four starters: David McCormack, Jalen Wilson, Ochai Agbaji and Christian Braun, with Agbaji potentially testing the waters. But it’s what Bill Self has done around those guys that could elevate the Jayhawks. He’s added two big-man shooters in freshman Zach Clemence and transfer Cam Martin, another powerful interior player in JUCO transfer Sydney Curry and a hard-nosed four in freshman KJ Adams. Former five-star Bryce Thompson could be due for a second-year leap, while Dajuan Harris will battle four-star freshman Bobby Pettiford and potentially Washington — the No. 3 point guard in the 247Sports Composite — for the point guard spot. The Jayhawks could also lead for athletic Creighton big-man transfer Christian Bishop, and 247Sports’ Brandon Jenkins reported that Kansas has the most momentum for South Dakota’s Stanley Umude?"

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 3725780_11
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:31 pm I will say this, some of the stuff i have seen illini fans say to/about players has been an insanely over the top negative. I am glad that 99.999% of Kansas fans do seem to keep it relatively reasonable when it comes to treating players like trash after a disappointing end to the season.
Just reading this now. I guess you and I have completely different sets of friends and acquaintances and/or read/hear different things from people we don't know.
I'm not trying to defend Illini fans per se because frankly I feel many of them are putzes but I am yet to hear/see/read anything negative in regards to this season's players. In fact, if anything, I have heard them probably praise the players too much.

In regards to KU fans, while completely admirable how loyal they are - I can understand why other fan bases would feel it's nauseating at times. I feel not a single player or coach that has been at KU should be completely free of ridicule at some point and time. Seems others disagree - or at least don't express it publicly.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Grandma wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 am
Just reading this now. I guess you and I have completely different sets of friends and acquaintances and/or read/hear different things from people we don't know.
I'm not trying to defend Illini fans per se because frankly I feel many of them are putzes but I am yet to hear/see/read anything negative in regards to this season's players. In fact, if anything, I have heard them probably praise the players too much.

In regards to KU fans, while completely admirable how loyal they are - I can understand why other fan bases would feel it's nauseating at times. I feel not a single player or coach that has been at KU should be completely free of ridicule at some point and time. Seems others disagree - or at least don't express it publicly.
You didn't look hard on social media if you didn't see hateful comments from illini fans.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
Also I need 50 bucks from hasbeen.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:49 pm Someone give me a reason to be excited for next year’s squad?

This didn't age well.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:50 pm
sdoyel wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:49 pm Someone give me a reason to be excited for next year’s squad?
Can't really think of any good ones.

A transfer alpha guard, Och taking a Selden step, and Wilson, TGF, Enaruna actually playing like pro prospects would be a start, I guess.
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:14 pm I just don't see anything Bryce does well. I'd be good with a transfer PG in AND TyTy Washington if Bryce transfers out.

Lightfoot is going to get some minutes taken by the frosh and juco transfer, that's the only help we're getting there for 2022.

It's kind of just a re-tooling of this not great team. Outside of the obvious PG issue, we just so badly need our off ball perimeter guys to play like pros.
I am a little surprised this plan worked out. All the credit to Och and CB for coming back and elevating their games. Nijem deserves credit for that, too.

And, Bill. One of his best coaching jobs. Adapting and running a modern offense very effectively and still got this team to really defend. Scott Drew COY.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

While hes done a great job with this team ( and deserved B12 COY ) this narrative youve brought up about adapting to a modern game is meh.

Hes pressing them to run. Yes. But his issues last year were more personnel based than system based.

We have two teams in the championship who rely substantially on their bigs and Selfs team still has a pretty low 3PT rate, even less than last year. Hes running a lot of the stuff hes run before. It still works.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Player development is where self's not getting enough credit.

Guys got better.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For sure.
We became a top offensive team with the same personnel.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:27 pm Player development is where self's not getting enough credit.

Guys got better.
Entire team is noticeably better. Even Mitch, which doesn’t make a lot of sense.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:28 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:27 pm Player development is where self's not getting enough credit.

Guys got better.
Entire team is noticeably better. Even Mitch, which doesn’t make a lot of sense.
The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I wonder if Mitch wasn't getting as much coaching when he wasn't playing as many minutes.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Guys got better.
Unpossible. Once DM left, we were always gonna be screwed. Oh, well. It was a good run.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:41 pm

Guys got better.
Unpossible. Once DM left, we were always gonna be screwed. Oh, well. It was a good run.
This program is over if Danny or Hudy ever leave.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 am
pdub wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm I think Ochai improves from 3.
I think Braun improves from 3.
I think Bryce improves everywhere.
I think Jalen improves everywhere.
Harris will have more confidence.

Top 10 team with potential to be top 4.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... gs-2021-22

"5. Kansas Jayhawks
One of the best teams in the country over the final month of the season, Kansas should celebrate Bill Self's lifetime contract with a much more consistent group. The Jayhawks are likely to lose senior Marcus Garrett, but most of the rotation should return. Jalen Wilson and David McCormack both had long stretches where they looked like stars, while Christian Braun and Ochai Agbaji are stalwart starters. The big question could be at point guard without Garrett. But DaJuan Harris showed flashes of his two-way ability this past season, while former Louisville signee Bobby Pettiford was a top-100 prospect at the high school level. Self also has Bryce Thompson, who came into school with the reputation as a big-time scorer but struggled with injuries as a freshman. Kansas' frontcourt should be loaded, though, with top-50 prospects Zach Clemence and K.J. Adams entering the fold."

Even fucking Jeff Goodman likes us.

https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodmans- ... 4-05-2021/

"6. Kansas
Transferring: G Tyon Grant-Foster (Jr., 3.1 ppg), F Tristan Enaruna (Soph., 2.8 ppg), F Gethro Muscadin (Fr., 0.2 ppg)
Seniors: G *Marcus Garrett (11.0 ppg)
Likely Back: G *Ochai Agbaji (Jr., 14.1 ppg)
Back: C *David McCormack (Jr., 13.4 ppg, 6.1 rpg), F *Jalen Wilson (RS Fr., 11.8 ppg, 7.9 rpg), G *Christian Braun (Soph., 9.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg), G Bryce Thompson (Fr.), F Mitch Lightfoot (RS Sr.), PG Dajuan Harris Jr. (RS Fr.), PG Latrell Jossell (Fr.)
Add: C Zach Clemence (No. 39), PF K.J. Adams (No. 71), PG Bobby Pettiford (No. 88), PF Sydney Curry
Transfer Add: Cam Martin (Missouri Southern State, 25.0 ppg, 9.1 rpg)

The Jayhawks should return the majority of last year’s team and will add a few key pieces. Bill Self has a lifetime contract now, but he’ll need for the freshman Pettiford to be ready as he’ll be expected to make plays off the bounce. KU has a strong frontline of McCormack and Wilson, and quality perimeter players in Agbaji, Braun and Thompson. But the key comes at the point guard spot where it could be up to Pettiford to change the dynamic of this team."

"247Sports Composite class ranking: No. 6
Keep an eye on: TyTy Washington
The Jayhawks had one of the nation’s best defenses in the latter part of the season and should bring back four starters: David McCormack, Jalen Wilson, Ochai Agbaji and Christian Braun, with Agbaji potentially testing the waters. But it’s what Bill Self has done around those guys that could elevate the Jayhawks. He’s added two big-man shooters in freshman Zach Clemence and transfer Cam Martin, another powerful interior player in JUCO transfer Sydney Curry and a hard-nosed four in freshman KJ Adams. Former five-star Bryce Thompson could be due for a second-year leap, while Dajuan Harris will battle four-star freshman Bobby Pettiford and potentially Washington — the No. 3 point guard in the 247Sports Composite — for the point guard spot. The Jayhawks could also lead for athletic Creighton big-man transfer Christian Bishop, and 247Sports’ Brandon Jenkins reported that Kansas has the most momentum for South Dakota’s Stanley Umude?"

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 3725780_11
This reminds me, has anyone heard how Gethro Muscadin is doing? Last I heard he was fighting for his life after the wreck, but I can't find much information beyond that.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:34 pm No.
Also I need 50 bucks from hasbeen.
Nah
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser