jfish26
Contributor

Re: Patrick Mahomes

Post by jfish26 »

Never attribute to malice, and so on.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am NE sports radio call ins are loosing it up here now.
Saying the NFL is rigged and they wanted two black quarterbacks in the Super Bowl so they let the Chiefs win.

This is blind to so many factors:

1. Officiating favored the Chiefs. Did they forget that there was a TD taken off the bored for the Chiefs from a penalty, a challenge for a potential TD not ruled in the Chiefs favor, an interception taken off the board from a penalty that led to points for the Bengals, and multiple missed holds on crucial situations when our DLine was owning their depleted OLine and swarming Burrow.

What are we basing the favoritism on? The 3rd down re-do was very poorly handled, I agree, but it led to a punt from the Chiefs. The hit out of bounds was clearly a penalty.

2. If they wanted 2 black quarterbacks in the Super Bowl, what the hell happened last year?!

3. So if this is really a thing, how does it work? Do all the owners know? When do they determine who they want to win? At the start of the season? Or is it game by game? Who decides? Why hasn't there ever been a leak that this is happening?
Same shit, different game. The refs blamers after losses are insufferable. It's mostly people who see conspiracies everywhere, people who cheer for the Bengals, people who cheer against the Chiefs and people who lost money gambling on the game so their own biases lead them to see what they want to see vs. seeing the big picture that both teams got screwed by bad calls at various points in the game. AKA all people with inherent biases built in. And then the media fuels it because that pool of people is larger than the pool of people who are levelheaded or who were just cheering for the Chiefs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I certainly will bitch at the officiating and like it's been said here, the Chiefs have certainly been on the wrong end of that A LOT.

But at no point do I think it's some sort of conspiracy - a ref is like a player in the NFL - somedays you have great games and somedays you don't.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am NE sports radio call ins are loosing it up here now.
Saying the NFL is rigged and they wanted two black quarterbacks in the Super Bowl so they let the Chiefs win.

1. Officiating favored the Chiefs. Did they forget that there was a TD taken off the bored for the Chiefs from a penalty, a challenge for a potential TD not ruled in the Chiefs favor, an interception taken off the board from a penalty that led to points for the Bengals, and multiple missed holds on crucial situations when our DLine was owning their depleted OLine and swarming Burrow.

What are we basing the favoritism on? The 3rd down re-do was very poorly handled, I agree, but it led to a punt from the Chiefs. The hit out of bounds was clearly a penalty.

2. If they wanted 2 black quarterbacks in the Super Bowl, what the hell happened last year?!

3. So if this is really a thing, how does it work? Do all the owners know? When do they determine who they want to win? At the start of the season? Or is it game by game? Who decides? Why hasn't there ever been a leak that this is happening?
Maybe it's because they think they can read lips? ;)

https://twitter.com/GetYoShinebox/statu ... 3378447361
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:33 pm

As a Chief's fan, I would laugh but would get a taunting penalty (that also cost the Chiefs points). Last year, Mahomes crumbled in hard to fathom ways almost giving the game away on the first play of OT. And not a word from those guys.
Within ownership circles, I am sure there are long memories. But we saw Cheffers take away a sack fumble based on his own rules. And we will see him again.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Watched first before I saw the caption above. Absolutely could not tell what he was saying til I read the caption.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Are the players and coaches in on the rigging?

Must be - why else would Burrow and Taylor, with 7 minutes left, throw an interception in a tie ball game?
And why else would Burrow and Taylor, with 2 timeouts and 2:30 left, still a tie ball game, only manage to get to their own 28 yard line, and then punt it away with 40 seconds left?

They should be blaming Burrow and Taylor for being in on it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

When you're the villain, you know you've made it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just gonna throw this out there because I thought there was a hold on this play ( not Orlando Brown but Trey Smith ):

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... kgnpc8kuiy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:01 pm Just gonna throw this out there because I thought there was a hold on this play ( not Orlando Brown but Trey Smith ):

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... kgnpc8kuiy
I read that. The details on the rip move were interesting as it aligns with what several former OL players stated on twitter when they said "that's not a hold".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It really doesn't look like he says that. Your bottom teeth don't show like that when you say the word "rigged". It looks more like "It is what it is".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I don't think he said "It's rigged" and if the game was rigged, the Refs, Bengals, and Chiefs would ALL have to be in cahoots. I don't even for a second consider the possibility of that being true.
I do understand those who believe intentionally or not, the Chiefs benefitted from the Refs more than the Bengals did. Oh well - as impartial as the refs are supposed to be, my guess is 95% of NFL games fans watch them and feel the refs favored one team over the other. As others have alluded to and I pretty much (but not totally) agree, it seems the Chiefs end up on the short end of the stick more than they end up on the big end of the stick when it comes to the refs - so I feel it's kind of nice IF the Chiefs got what may have been owed to them.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kansas City outplayed Cinncinati in all three facets of the game. Clearly the better team Sunday.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:30 pm Kansas City outplayed Cinncinati in all three facets of the game. Clearly the better team Sunday.
You and I may think KC was "clearly" the better team but people who look at the final score might not think it is/was so clear. Would have really sucked if the Chiefs found a way to lose - or maybe I should say the Bengals found a way to win - despite the Chiefs "clearly" being the better team.
I would be just fine if the Eagles outplay the Chiefs in all 3 facets in the SB as long as the Chiefs have more points than the Eagles when the game ends.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Neither team is clearly better than the other. They are both very good. That's why the games have been so close and it's turned into a playoff rivalry.

I think those 2 could realistically play against each other in 5 more AFC championship games in they both stay with their current teams.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:06 am Neither team is clearly better than the other. They are both very good. That's why the games have been so close and it's turned into a playoff rivalry.

I think those 2 could realistically play against each other in 5 more AFC championship games in they both stay with their current teams.
Yup.
I think the Chiefs are a slightly better team and were last year too but it's very close.
The Bengals have to pay Burrow, Jamar and Tee Higgins very soon. They are all on rookie contracts.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The teams are close, but Sunday the Chiefs were better. The fumbled icy ball made it seem closer than it was. And the TD called back for the trash hold. But KC was visibly better.
Deleted User 863

With 2 or 3 min to go the Bengals were favored to win. So there's that.
Deleted User 863

I think the bengals are better than Philly...but who knows. I am not a true believer in the eagles yet.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:25 am With 2 or 3 min to go the Bengals were favored to win. So there's that.
Sure.
But the Chiefs were down their 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th best WRs.
Their QB was gimpy. Their star TE may or may not have been limited.
Their best corner was out with a concussion. Their best spy LB was out with a shoulder injury.