dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Post by twocoach »

That a group of Americans is represented by Boebert and MTG is still astonishing to me. Just a pair of relatively dumb people trying to do a just they are completely, mentally unfit to perform.

Even though I might be able to get myself through medical school, I do not feel I am not smart enough to be a doctor. I don't think it would be safe or fair to the public for me to attempt to perform that job and the consequences of me being bad at it are too severe. Boebert and MTG are an example of the fact that some people just aren't smart enough to be federal level politicians. It's not a good idea to have "just one of us" representing us as this job. The consequences are simply too severe.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Just one day after Steve Bannon was convicted of two counts of contempt of Congress, the longtime Donald Trump ally welcomed Alex Jones to his “War Room” podcast — where he called the notorious conspiracy theorist “a man of action” and a great political “thinker.”

The pair piled on the (mostly incomprehensible) praise for each other pretty high, to put it mildly.

“As much and as important as that leadership is, the true thing that you’ve done, which is stunning, if you look at the evidence of doubt of the facts, you are one of the great thinkers of this,” Bannon told Jones. “That is very rare. You’ve got to go back almost to the revolutionary generation and see that.”

I will grant them this, look at the evidence of doubt of the facts could be a defining phrase for the trump era.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:00 am Just one day after Steve Bannon was convicted of two counts of contempt of Congress, the longtime Donald Trump ally welcomed Alex Jones to his “War Room” podcast — where he called the notorious conspiracy theorist “a man of action” and a great political “thinker.”

The pair piled on the (mostly incomprehensible) praise for each other pretty high, to put it mildly.

“As much and as important as that leadership is, the true thing that you’ve done, which is stunning, if you look at the evidence of doubt of the facts, you are one of the great thinkers of this,” Bannon told Jones. “That is very rare. You’ve got to go back almost to the revolutionary generation and see that.”

I will grant them this, look at the evidence of doubt of the facts could be a defining phrase for the trump era.
Bannon is no dummy and is not sloppy in his word choice so that specific sentence is actually very telling. Bannon is not interested in the truth. He is interested in people who are able to get others to believe that the truth is not the truth and very few have proven to be better at that than Alex Jones. Jones thinks up crazy ways to get people to believe that what they see and hear are not to be believed and has proven over the years that it works. The popularity of kooks like Alex Jones is one of the things that convinced Bannon that his approach to politics would work and the Trump humpers have responded even better than Bannon hoped they would.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:03 am
japhy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:00 am Just one day after Steve Bannon was convicted of two counts of contempt of Congress, the longtime Donald Trump ally welcomed Alex Jones to his “War Room” podcast — where he called the notorious conspiracy theorist “a man of action” and a great political “thinker.”

Bannon is no dummy and is not sloppy in his word choice so that specific sentence is actually very telling. Bannon is not interested in the truth. He is interested in people who are able to get others to believe that the truth is not the truth and very few have proven to be better at that than Alex Jones. Jones thinks up crazy ways to get people to believe that what they see and hear are not to be believed and has proven over the years that it works. The popularity of kooks like Alex Jones is one of the things that convinced Bannon that his approach to politics would work and the Trump humpers have responded even better than Bannon hoped they would.
POTW
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Bannon just wants to watch the system burn down and feels that anyone that is successfully throwing fuel on the fire is a good guy. Alex Jones is standing at the edge of the fire with a gas truck and hose pumping hundreds of gallons per minute on the fire and is making millions for his effort.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Ya, gotta love these brave patriots.

I love this part.....“There is NOTHING WRONG with talking to the DOJ and telling them your friends are innocent,” Straka said. “I hope at some point people pull their heads out and begin focusing on the ACTUAL horror here — that sealed court documents were leaked from within the DOJ to the liberal media.”

Yes, you my comrades should not be mad at me for ratting you out. You should be mad at the DOJ and the liberal media for making you aware that I ratted you out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pro-trump-in ... 01444.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Well, he's not wrong that it is concerning that sealed court documents were leaked from within to the media.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:46 pm Well, he's not wrong that it is concerning that sealed court documents were leaked from within to the media.
Sounds more like they just fucked up and sent too many documents out in response to the request rather than some nefarious, intentional "leaking" of them.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Careful, Illy has seriously limited ability to reason.

Do you happen to be perhaps “emoji deficient”
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:30 am Careful, Illy has seriously limited ability to reason.

Do you happen to be perhaps “emoji deficient”
I'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt as this portion of the article was pretty terribly written:

"Documents detailing his cooperation were placed under seal when they were filed ahead of his sentencing, but a coalition of media companies that includes NBC News filed a motion this week requesting they be unsealed.

Judge Dabney L. Friedrich ordered earlier this week that some of the documents be unsealed immediately, but asked for additional filings from both parties on whether the underlying attachments with the details of Straka's cooperation should be unsealed.

But the documents provided to the media coalition, in an apparent error, included the underlying attachments that were meant to be kept under seal for the time being. Early Friday, Straka's attorney filed a motion requesting a hearing on the release of the documents “without Court approval.”

Here's my translation of what appears to have happened:

The media filed a formal request to have documents unsealed. A judge agreed and ordered some of the documents unsealed but asked both sides of the case to provide additional documentation on whether or not the rest of the documents should be unsealed. Meanwhile, whatever random clerical person that fills these requests apparently didn't understand that the order to unseal and provide the documents only applied to a portion of the documents requested and just went ahead and included them all.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Or Bannon's team leaked the documents in a crass attempt to get to mistrial, meh.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Everything that I have seen has stated that the sealed documents inadvertently went out together with the unsealed documents. The unsealed documents were sent out as a response to a legal request and the response just included more than it was supposed to.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I know I sound like a broken record but it is a really sad statement on this country when people elected this woman because they actually wanted her to represent them. Let that sink in.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 9927982080
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't know what state that person represents. but she would be their problem.
Deleted User 863

I love when the caption is not what they actually said.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 pm i don't know what state that person represents. but she would be their problem.
I sincerely hope you are joking with both sentences - but the second one more than the first.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:37 pm I love when the caption is not what they actually said.
Yes, Filipkowski often does that but.....
"I love" that it seems you find more fault in the "caption" than what the person "actually said".
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:01 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:37 pm I love when the caption is not what they actually said.
"I love" that it seems you find more fault in the "caption" than what the person "actually said".
Why would/should I find fault in what she said in that short clip?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 pm i don't know what state that person represents. but she would be their problem.
She votes on laws that affect all of us, not just those in her district. So she is officially all of our problem, not just theirs.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:23 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:01 pm
Why would/should I find fault in what she said in that short clip?
Are you serious with that question? If so, I'll be kind with my response.

"If we are disarmed we are no longer citizens". Do you believe that?
"“In Venezuela, they eat the dogs and it started because they do not have firearms". Do you believe that?