pdub
Site Admin

Re: Nba draft/offseason

Post by pdub »

Lol at Bam.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:45 pmLol at Bam.
It's not really a hot take if we are talking about right now, rather than career accolades....

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/new ... alickvrk0m

https://sportsnaut.com/best-centers-in-the-nba/

Yes, i realize they have Bam and Gobert flipped from my rankings, but having Bam top 5 or 6 is reasonable for subjective rankings.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sites that have ‘read more’ and make you click like a carousel aren’t my thing.

The stats and awards, this last season, are easily in Rudy’s favor.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wonder if Ainge will go full rebuild, trade Mitchell and just hoard picks.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hopefully he doesn't have to do any trades with Tree Rollins.....he might just get bit.
Just Ledoux it
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:21 am Hornets should lose their leading scorer. The question is if Miles Bridges serves any jail time.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/hornets-m ... ce-attack/

The not so funny thing is these were his words after the mouthpiece incident - which pretty much showed the guy has difficulty controlling his anger.

“I lost my cool last night with a lot of stuff that went on,” Bridges said. “I normally don’t act like that and that was an embarrassment on my part and for the organization.”
Any other POS not playing professional sports would get some jail time.

Any team who signs him is just as big of a POS as Bridges.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Frank Mason seemed to know the guy was trouble
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NOW Silver wants to change the draft age to 18 when he previously wanted it at 20.

Wonder why.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 am NOW Silver wants to change the draft age to 18 when he previously wanted it at 20.

Wonder why.
In the past there have been references to NBA coaches/trainers saying that the players aren't developing enough in that year or two in college systems to make the benefits of the age limit outweigh the benefits of the NBA coaches/trainers getting them earlier.

I don't think this has ANYTHING to do with NIL.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Huh.
Despite the fact he mentioned NIL:

“Silver himself admitted that, in the past, he favored increasing the age limit to 20, in theory meaning players would spend two years between high school and the NBA. But, after seeing how things have evolved over time -- including, he said, the proliferation of NIL deals…”

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/342 ... tournament

Put yourself out there with the all capped ANYTHING.
Deleted User 863

Ahh...it's because he agrees with the intentions behind NIL and the societal changes it signifies. Basically that arbitrary rules that disproportionately negatively impact minorities to the benefit of (typically) rich white men aren't fair.

I stand corrected.

The NBA has no obligation to look out for college basketball. They were trying to protect their own ass by wanting a year worth of time to evaluate guys so they didn't have as many misses on HS prospects. The age limit rule was never about what was best for college basketball.
Deleted User 863

I think he is saying NIL is a good thing, and I agree with him. Guys don't have to rush to the NBA draft due to financial reasons. Therefor the NBA will get the rare straight from HS prospects that are truly ready, and college will continue to get the rest. Win win for both sides in my opinion.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:21 am I think he is saying NIL is a good thing, and I agree with him. Guys don't have to rush to the NBA draft due to financial reasons. Therefor the NBA will get the rare straight from HS prospects that are truly ready, and college will continue to get the rest. Win win for both sides in my opinion.
They'll get more than just "the rare straight from HS prospects that are truly ready".
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:28 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:21 am I think he is saying NIL is a good thing, and I agree with him. Guys don't have to rush to the NBA draft due to financial reasons. Therefor the NBA will get the rare straight from HS prospects that are truly ready, and college will continue to get the rest. Win win for both sides in my opinion.
They'll get more than just "the rare straight from HS prospects that are truly ready".
Maybe.

Or maybe since it'll pay better via NIL to go to college for a year or two if you're not a 1st round pick then the players will make the smart decision.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:31 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:28 am
Maybe.

Or maybe since it'll pay better via NIL to go to college for a year or two if you're not a 1st round pick then the players will make the smart decision.
There will always be a few delusional players who enter the draft when they have no chance of getting drafted no matter what the age limit is. I agree that NIL will at least provide them a better option. Whether or not they take it is to be seen. Fingers crossed.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Silver is a savvy businessman and can see that "college", eventually, could be a slight competition to his product, the way things are moving.

If amateurism is out the door, and these 'schools', or rather professional teams borrowing the schools identity and brand, set up a super conference, where they can pay their players, then you want to get the younger professionals into your league early because you could potentially loose out on four* ( arbitrary really, not sure why they have to stop at four years in the future ) years of superstar ticket/jersey sales.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait wait wait

so doing things to make sure your league is getting the best talent possible...is a good thing now?

why wouldn't Silver just sit back and say something like "nbd we can afford to loose out on some stars, there'll still plenty of guys willing to play for the love of the game"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You just argued my point for me.
Not sure if that was your intention.