Medical Issues

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Medical Issues

Post by japhy »

You old people and all of your physical ailments.

I am glad that all of my new friends are younger. You people probably have to take afternoon naps before you stay up and get high to watch late night basketball games.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:06 am You old people and all of your physical ailments.

I am glad that all of my new friends are younger. You people probably have to take afternoon naps before you stay up and get high to watch late night basketball games.
I have half a mind to. . . Forget what it was
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I had "emergency" back surgery last Friday morning to enlarge the branch nerve openings on each side of L4 and L5. I think they called it a hemi lamination. My head is still fuzzy with regards to the procedure (thank you big pharma), but after 4 days, upon awakening from my nap, it's the first time I didn't feel like I had been hit by a truck. I was only ridden hard and put away wet. I'm going towards the light.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

defixione wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:47 pm I had "emergency" back surgery last Friday morning to enlarge the branch nerve openings on each side of L4 and L5. I think they called it a hemi lamination. My head is still fuzzy with regards to the procedure (thank you big pharma), but after 4 days, upon awakening from my nap, it's the first time I didn't feel like I had been hit by a truck. I was only ridden hard and put away wet. I'm going towards the light.
Congrats on the successful procedure! Glad you're feeling better!

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

No, no, back away from the light, light bad
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I often feel like i got hit by a truck. Is that bad? I thought that was just my new normal, are you saying other people don't wake up feeling like they got laid out by a linebacker after a crossing route?
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hope you're better soon. Sounds like it went well.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ha--excellent news though!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Anyone that KNOWS Defix knew that this surgery was no big deal
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Best wishes on your recovery, Defixione. Back pain is miserable.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Run to the light, Carol Anne! Run as fast as you can!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Best wishes defix!!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Pancreatitis. Ouch.

I don’t drink (mostly), do drugs (mostly), or have gall stones (that they could see). Just ‘bad luck’.

Eff this, this is sucky. Thought I was mending pretty well, but this evening is a bit pain awful haha. Come on opioid, do your work.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:37 pm Pancreatitis. Ouch.

I don’t drink (mostly), do drugs (mostly), or have gall stones (that they could see). Just ‘bad luck’.

Eff this, this is sucky. Thought I was mending pretty well, but this evening is a bit pain awful haha. Come on opioid, do your work.
That sucks!
I hope you get and feel better soon!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That sucks. Hope you're well soon.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Very sorry to hear that B2L. When the enzymes in your pancreas begin digesting the pancreas itself instead of the food entering your small intestine from your stomach, it can be really painful.

While it would be nice to know what caused it, and you've already eliminated the two most common reasons, chronic alcohol intake and gallstones, (i.e., gallstones blocking the duct leading from the pancreas thru which its enzymes flow into the small intestine causing them to back up), when there isn't an identifiable cause and it appears to happen spontaneously, it usually resolves in 5-10 days, and your chances of it not ever happening again is ~ 70-90%.

Best of luck.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Yuck, gut stuff. I hope you get well soon. B2L.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:15 am Very sorry to hear that B2L. When the enzymes in your pancreas begin digesting the pancreas itself instead of the food entering your small intestine from your stomach, it can be really painful.

While it would be nice to know what caused it, and you've already eliminated the two most common reasons, chronic alcohol intake and gallstones, (i.e., gallstones blocking the duct leading from the pancreas thru which its enzymes flow into the small intestine causing them to back up), when there isn't an identifiable cause and it appears to happen spontaneously, it usually resolves in 5-10 days, and your chances of it not ever happening again is ~ 70-90%.

Best of luck.
I love this answer. I actually have had the first non-frustrating visit to a hospital in a while. They called what what wrong with me something specific, are treating it with specific (proven methods), and have a specific time frame for when it ‘should’ resolve. All of that is welcomed.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

The worst part of this is that I was (am) headed to DC on Thursday for my BFF’s 50th birthday. And we can BBQ! And do at his house. He’s got food equipment. Not sure I wanna throw a rack of ribs at my gut by next week. Or a burger. Or chicken wings. Ah dang!

Since Thursday PM I have consumed 4 jell-o cups, a couple coffee mugs (normal human sized ones) of chicken broth…yesterday I felt good enough to try to eat a smoothie. And some saltines. Didn’t hurt going down, but did 90 minutes later.

Enjoy y’all’s tailgate today! Eat extra for me!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’m a little loopy and don’t wanna edit my posts…so sorry…but the smoothie, with the protein powder added to it, felt magical for my body as I drank it. Like I could feel the protein sticking to the walls of my body.

That sounded dirty. My bad.