2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Post by TDub »

Matt Tait says Dickinson is....what David McCormack was the last 6-8 games of his KU Career, or better.

Id take that....
Just Ledoux it
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:01 pm Matt Tait says Dickinson is....what David McCormack was the last 6-8 games of his KU Career, or better.

Id take that....
that's not the question. what are you willing to pay?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Whats Michigan able to come up with to keep him? And is KU able to match or better that. We're in a damn bidding war
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He'll be an All American because of the program, the coach, and the PG at Kansas, with national TV exposure every week.

It would be extremely short-sighted to just think in terms of what he could make this year, and I assume he's smart enough to realize that.

With that said, Kansas could probably offer the best NIL deal versus the schools he's considering.

It does seem that closeness to home matters to him though. Why else would you consider Georgetown?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:17 pm He'll be an All American because of the program, the coach, and the PG at Kansas, with national TV exposure every week.

It would be extremely short-sighted to just think in terms of what he could make this year, and I assume he's smart enough to realize that.

With that said, Kansas could probably offer the best NIL deal versus the schools he's considering.

It does seem that closeness to home matters to him though. Why else would you consider Georgetown?
I mean, why wouldn't you? If this is all about NIL (which: do we know that?), then it would make sense to chum the water with as much competition as possible.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Which makes me pretty damn confident we'll get him
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Also guessing we'll get Ingram... Who just based on highlights and stats I'm not that impressed. Like a slower, less fluid, less intense version of Jalen.

We really need some shooting.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:32 pm Also guessing we'll get Ingram... Who just based on highlights and stats I'm not that impressed. Like a slower, less fluid, less intense version of Jalen.

We really need some shooting.
Versatile forwards are pretty essential to have in the program these days. I want him. He isn't that athletic by nba standards and would likely play 2 seasons here. I think self could get a lot out of him. And we desperately need some forward/wing types. We need this dude
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:01 pm Matt Tait says Dickinson is....what David McCormack was the last 6-8 games of his KU Career, or better.

Id take that....
Speaking of Matt Tait, I can't believe he's leaving the LJW & KU Sports.com.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:50 pm

Id take that....
Speaking of Matt Tait, I can't believe he's leaving the LJW & KU Sports.com.
I am guessing he was paid miserly wages for propping up .com
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Recruiting never ends and re-recruiting never does either.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea.
Shitty.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:37 am
Yea.
Shitty.
gee....

who could've seen that coming...
Just Ledoux it
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

We all knew this was going to ruin college basketball/football.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:33 am We all knew this was going to ruin college basketball/football.
It gives Alabama an opportunity to double down on prospects other teams develop in football. In BB, it is more fair, but still, you should get only one unless you are involved in a shooting.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m starting to lean towards the idea of one “freebie” (play immediately) transfer, but unlimited transfers thereafter with each requiring sitting out a season
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am i’m starting to lean towards the idea of one “freebie” (play immediately) transfer, but unlimited transfers thereafter with each requiring sitting out a season
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

One "freebie" is one too many for mid major schools. They find a diamond in the rough recruit and develop him for a year or 2, then a big name comes swooping in with an NIL deal and he finishes his career there.

Gives smaller schools virtually no chance of keeping their more talented upperclassmen, and you can't blame the kids for doing it