WELCOME HUNTER DICKINSON

Kansas Basketball.
AlOerter
Contributor

Re: WELCOME HUNTER DICKINSON

Post by AlOerter »

pdub wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:20 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:10 am lol

So I bet you’d rather have Bobby over Arterio, too?

And Yes over Justin Timberlake?
Not Yes but Bobby over a possible woman beater.
I agree, but let's not forget the Carlton Bragg incident.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I too have concerns about the allegations surrounding Arterio.

But, in terms of on-court performance, I expect him to be a huge upgrade.

And, once he's on the court, I do not expect pdub to even once see Arterio play and comment, "sure wish we still had Bobby instead."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I liked Bobby so dunno bout that.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Pettiford... lol

He was always going to be undersized. And his jumpshot is just awful. Maybe it gets better but, those 2 factors is why he's gone. 2 big weaknesses offset what he was good at

Arterio is a better talent in every single way
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Arterio made 29 threes last season.

Bobby made 3 threes in two seasons.

But never mind that, I can just see it now…

*Arterio checks in and makes a play…*

pdub: boy I sure do miss the days back when our reserve guard would check in and just promptly turn it over instead. *sighs wistfully*

(Not that I want to, but somebody should search this site to see how many times the phrase “dammit Bobby” was posted in a game thread…bonus points if a king of the hill meme)
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sorry pdub - that's funny right there.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think we should all be concerned about who is on Hunter's laptop myself.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:00 pm Arterio made 29 threes last season.

pdub: boy I sure do miss the days back when our reserve guard would check in and just promptly turn it over instead. *sighs wistfully*

(Not that I want to, but somebody should search this site to see how many times the phrase “dammit Bobby” was posted in a game thread…bonus points if a king of the hill meme)
My favorite was when we would have like an 8 point lead and Bobby would come in for 2 minutes before the half, turn the ball over twice and get scored on twice, and then next thing we know our lead is gone
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:21 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:00 pm Arterio made 29 threes last season.

My favorite was when we would have like an 8 point lead and Bobby would come in for 2 minutes before the half, turn the ball over twice and get scored on twice, and then next thing we know our lead is gone
your boy Yes........
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If you've noticed, I haven't complained once about yesefu being gone. He disappointed. After watching him go off in the ncaa tournament, he looked poised to continue to blossom at kansas. A hyper athletic powerful scoring guard who... struggled to fit in and find a role kansas

He was somehow a tweener. I dont think anyone expected, when he committed, that he wouldn't really be able to handle point guard duties. A 6 foot guard who can't play point is a bad combination. So basically we got a tiny scoring wing

While he was struggling to find his role here, his confidence got worse and worse. We saw some glimpses, but his potential never realized here, in fact he regressed from what he did at Drake do to shaky confidence and never truly finding a role
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:15 am If you've noticed, I haven't complained once about yesefu being gone. He disappointed. After watching him go off in the ncaa tournament, he looked poised to continue to blossom at kansas. A hyper athletic powerful scoring guard who... struggled to fit in and find a role kansas

He was somehow a tweener. I dont think anyone expected, when he committed, that he wouldn't really be able to handle point guard duties. A 6 foot guard who can't play point is a bad combination. So basically we got a tiny scoring wing

While he was struggling to find his role here, his confidence got worse and worse. We saw some glimpses, but his potential never realized here, in fact he regressed from what he did at Drake do to shaky confidence and never truly finding a role
Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:20 pm
hasbeen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm This guy aint coming in to back up. Remember this post.

He's a downhill scorer with athleticism and can shoot it a bit. It's a great fit.

He's also far and away better than Harris despite everyone's weird love for him.
Oh, 100% on board with Yesufu over Harris.
I think they may be better on the court together. He's more of an undersized 2 than a PG, hasn't shown to be a great distributor yet. Pre-senior Mason was a good comparison, but a better shooter probably.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hasbeen with a great analysis....remember this post....

cnb is usually better than that.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Lol well of those 3 predictions there, the closest one compared him to frank Mason...
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

TDub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:56 pm hasbeen with a great analysis....remember this post....

What happened to CNB? Haven't seen him around since the Super Bowl...
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:08 pm Lol well of those 3 predictions there, the closest one compared him to frank Mason...
I mean, you specifically said that nobody could know he couldn't be a pg. The two people here who actually watched him at Drake both said it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:40 pm
TDub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:56 pm hasbeen with a great analysis....remember this post....

What happened to CNB? Haven't seen him around since the Super Bowl...
im not entirely sure, but I think he was disparaging towards the Chiefs mid super bowl and got a minor timeout for the durationof the game.....then instead of returning he took his ball and went home.

But I actually am not really sure, that's just my vague remembrance of the situation.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This is correct.

He is a Vikings fan and he always was there on Chiefs threads to keep us in check and I didn’t want to be kept in check during the Super Bowl especially when our star player aggravated an injury and might not have been able to return. He got a 2 hour timeout at halftime.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm
Feral wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:22 pm
hasbeen wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:59 pm Good fucking lord, Kansas signs the #1 transfer in the portal, a guy that fits Bill's style for a big man. The type of big man that helps Self's offense run as efficiently as possible, a guy Self badly wanted. And the conversation has devolved into a bunch of WW2 era born dorks bitching about how KU got him.

Please get hobbies.
^^^

Imagine what the conversation here would be if we hadn't signed him.
I’d have been happy bc that meant keeping Zuby.

I’d rather Zuby than Hunter.
No lie.
God, this is dumb.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
Give me the long game where Zuby surprises and becomes a senior AA ( and the years in between watching him get better ) over some dude in diamond stud earrings who had some awful video created of him and his oh so difficult process of accepting millions of dollars to chose Kansas for a year.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:03 am Meh.
Give me the long game where Zuby surprises and becomes a senior AA ( and the years in between watching him get better ) over some dude in diamond stud earrings who had some awful video created of him and his oh so difficult process of accepting millions of dollars to chose Kansas for a year.
I'd rather have the guy who is almost certainly going to be an All American next year over the guy who might be in 3 years despite being stuck behind a teammate who is more likely to be (Udeh).