Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by pdub »

That's probably true but that trash team would need to trade for him first.
The Chiefs aren't going to loose a player of Chris Jones value for nothing.

They can franchise tag him next season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:20 pm That's probably true but that trash team would need to trade for him first.
The Chiefs aren't going to loose a player of Chris Jones value for nothing.

They can franchise tag him next season.
I’d be in favor of trading him now if you can get one 1st or two-three 2-3s. He didn’t overplay his hand, necessarily, but he’s making clear that his personal goals are not really consistent with the Chiefs’ goals (or, notably, the goals the other two lock HOF Chiefs showed in their own negotiations).

Which is fine! Good for him.

But let’s just move on.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, if you could decent value then pull the trigger.

I’d hope you could get a 1st and another pick even if a 3rd/4th. He’s probably worth more than that but maybe not at this stage of negotiations.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I do think Jones made a terrible mistake. Holding out when you are already highly paid and getting fined big money is crazy. He is about at that Frank Clark overpay age. And he is under contract and acting like an ass. Bolton and Gay need to get contracts
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

SUPPOSEDLY the Bears have reached out to the Chiefs. Ok, how did that go? Since we haven't heard from either team I assume it went something like this......

Bears: What do you want for Clark?
Chiefs: What are you going to offer us?
Bears: A 7th rounder in 2025.
Chiefs: Give us a first rounder in 2024, a second and fourth rounder in 2025, and a first rounder in 2026.
Bears: We will give you a 3rd rounder in 2024 and 4th and 5th rounder in 2025.
Chiefs: 2nd rounder in 2024 and first and third rounder in 2025.
Bears: Nope.
Chiefs: Thanks for wasting our time.
Bears: Actually, it's Clark that's wasting your time. You and him should shit or get off the pot already.
p.s. We (our current regime) had nothing to do with it but you're welcome that we (the Bears) were stupid to draft Trubisky over Mahomes.
Chiefs: Two rings and counting while your team has sucked elephant balls. We won more Super Bowls with Mahomes than Gutter has seen the Bears win in his lifetime. Let that sink in for a while.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd take Justin Jones ( just as a guy with starting experience ), one of the Bears 1sts next season ( whichever they think is less valuable is fine ) and a conditional 2nd round pick if Jones makes the pro bowl that drops to a 3rd if not.

And if the Bears don't want to give up their 2nd ( possibly ) next season - then a 2nd and a 3rd in 2025.

Chris Jones would take Justin Jones's spot.

Bears get their starting interior d solidified for next few seasons and shed a backup contract.
Chiefs get a meh but startable guy, some cap space ( 13 million or so ) and picks for the future ( likely a top 12 next season ).
Spend that cap space on maybe, hold your nose, Suh and Dunlap on one year deals.

Chris Wormley would also be a safe option.

Chiefs now have space next season to sign/extend Sneed ( if they want to ), Bolton ( they should ), Humphrey ( they should ) and Trey Smith.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:35 am I'd take Justin Jones ( just as a guy with starting experience ), one of the Bears 1sts next season ( whichever they think is less valuable is fine ) and a conditional 2nd round pick if Jones makes the pro bowl that drops to a 3rd if not.

And if the Bears don't want to give up their 2nd ( possibly ) next season - then a 2nd and a 3rd in 2025.

Bears get their starting interior d solidified for next few seasons and shed a backup contract.
Chiefs get a meh but startable guy, some cap space ( 13 million or so ) and picks for the future ( likely a top 12 next season ).
Spend that cap space on maybe, hold your nose, Suh and Dunlap on one year deals.

Chiefs now have space next season to sign/extend Sneed ( if they want to ), Bolton ( they should ), Humphrey ( they should ) and Trey Smith.
I will take that deal
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:35 am I'd take Justin Jones ( just as a guy with starting experience ), one of the Bears 1sts next season ( whichever they think is less valuable is fine ) and a conditional 2nd round pick if Jones makes the pro bowl that drops to a 3rd if not.

You should have been on my imaginary phone call!
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sorry to see Smith-Marsette go.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sure but we couldn’t roster him with all the WRs we have.

We are like a fantasy team that waited until the 6th round to draft their first WR and then picked 7 in a row.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:52 pm Sorry to see Smith-Marsette go.
It was either him or Mahomes. I think the Chiefs made the right choice.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:25 am Sure but we couldn’t roster him with all the WRs we have.

We are like a fantasy team that waited until the 6th round to draft their first WR and then picked 7 in a row.
Yeah. But like most of us, I am not sure if Toney will be game ready. I wanted Toney on injury stowage since I think it is hugely optimistic he plays much early on.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What WOULD a Mahomes trade take?

5 1sts ( both the Bears' 1sts next season and then 25, 26 and 27 ), 3 2nd's, Eddie Jackson and Justin Fields?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:43 pm Tell him Kelce:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/383 ... ars-week-1
Jones is getting horrible advice.

Out there today (volunteering at Ronald McDonald House, to try to whitewash the PR here) saying all that's happening is he's asking for a raise. And who would be hurt by someone asking for a raise?

Of course that's bullshit - he could ask for a raise WHILE honoring the contract he signed. It's also simply true that the Chiefs very much have offered him a raise.

If he wants to be the highest-paid defensive player in football, mazel tov, go chase that. But when the two guys ahead of you - one who will have a good argument for the best player ever at his position, another who will have a good argument for the best player in the history of American sports - leave money on the table so that the team can build a complete roster...you probably need to fall the fuck in line (or at least stop pretending you're NOT seeking something that Kelce and Mahomes left on the table).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:21 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:43 pm Tell him Kelce:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/383 ... ars-week-1
Jones is getting horrible advice.

Out there today (volunteering at Ronald McDonald House, to try to whitewash the PR here) saying all that's happening is he's asking for a raise. And who would be hurt by someone asking for a raise?

Of course that's bullshit - he could ask for a raise WHILE honoring the contract he signed. It's also simply true that the Chiefs very much have offered him a raise.

If he wants to be the highest-paid defensive player in football, mazel tov, go chase that. But when the two guys ahead of you - one who will have a good argument for the best player ever at his position, another who will have a good argument for the best player in the history of American sports - leave money on the table so that the team can build a complete roster...you probably need to fall the fuck in line (or at least stop pretending you're NOT seeking something that Kelce and Mahomes left on the table).
Who doesn't want a raise? I agreed to a salary. I am getting paid that salary. I am expected to show up to work and do my job to get paid my salary. I show up to work and do my job.

Chris Jones gets paid plenty and "fair" or not, he and his agent/s agreed to his contract.
They need to honor it. While losing him would be a big loss, at what point do some of the Chiefs players tell the organization to trade his ass already and cut ties?
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I think this is one of those situations that just got worse. The Bosa contract just put an end to any chance this works out. Do not think the Chiefs have any choice but to move on. When they traded Hill it was 100% to sign Jones but now they stuck.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jones is stuck going to a team without a QB contract or making a small sacrifice. Not everyone has a former ISU cheapie.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutter being Gutter.....

GOD FORBID the Chiefs lose tonight. It would have the potential for me to say a Travis Kelce injury could have been the season killer for the Chicago Bears.
Meaning, the Lions win a game they theoretically should have lost. The Lions end up winning one more game than the Bears and the Lions make the playoffs because of it and the Bears miss the playoffs because of it.