NBA 23/24

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: NBA 23/24

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:31 pm To be fair, Draymond in his prime was also a fantastic defender.
Did he win DPOY twice?
I dunno, its possible. I've just never had much respect for him. He's always felt like a fraud.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:49 pm Marcus, because, of course.

Isaiah Stewart ejected for hitting Pat Bev to the ground after Pat elbowed him
All 3 Jayhawk 6ers on the floor at the time.

On another note.....

Giannis with 64 and couldn't get himself the game ball. Led to a lot of unnecessary post game drama.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:37 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:31 pm To be fair, Draymond in his prime was also a fantastic defender.
Did he win DPOY twice?
I dunno, its possible. I've just never had much respect for him. He's always felt like a fraud.
I've never liked him but he was a really good player.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Draymond was no fraud, he was maybe the best all around defender we've seen in awhile

He had the agility to guard anyone on the perimeter and the lower body strength and toughness to defend the 5. And the wingspan caused problems everywhere

He also has a really high basketball IQ. He was a floor general on defense and a great passer and screener you could run offense around

He was to the warriors dynasty what Dennis Rodman was to the bulls
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

However, draymond is getting old, and as his athecism fades his game is going to fall off quick. And that is what is happening and why we are seeing this pathetic display of poor sportsmanship from him over and over. He's frustrated making a fool of himself

It's time for a rebuild for the warriors m
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Last edited by Shirley on Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:50 am Draymond was no fraud, he was maybe the best all around defender we've seen in awhile

He had the agility to guard anyone on the perimeter and the lower body strength and toughness to defend the 5. And the wingspan caused problems everywhere

He also has a really high basketball IQ. He was a floor general on defense and a great passer and screener you could run offense around

He was to the warriors dynasty what Dennis Rodman was to the bulls
No doubt Rodman was an impact player for the Bools but don't forget that nucleus won Championships without him.
The Warriors did not win Championships without Dray.
+1 Dray?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

If building a team from scratch, with players from the past 5 years, a whole lot of people would have put prime Draymond on their 10 man roster.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I have tickets for the Bools / Lakers game Wednesday.
I'm putting the odds at 51% Bron doesn't play. Dude is due for a game off. The Lakers play in Minnesota the next night. I figure he takes one of the two games off.
A.D. is struggling with injuries. I'm putting the odds at 49% he doesn't play.
My buddy that I am going with - doesn't even know that A.D. is on the Lakers. He's the same guy who has a kid at Kentucky that is a Senior and has attended less than 10 home games during his UK tenure.
Moral of the story is, I'm glad I didn't pay for my tickets. FACE is $628 a piece and they are about 24-25 rows from the court. It's fricking ridiculous and criminal what the Bools and NBA charge for tickets.
If neither A.D. nor Bron play, I feel bad for those who did pay for their tickets. Heck, some paid "scalper" prices.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:37 pm I have tickets for the Bools / Lakers game Wednesday.
I'm putting the odds at 51% Bron doesn't play. Dude is due for a game off. The Lakers play in Minnesota the next night. I figure he takes one of the two games off.
My buddy that I am going with - doesn't even know that A.D. is on the Lakers. He's the same guy who has a kid at Kentucky that is a Senior and has attended less than 10 home games during his UK tenure.
Moral of the story is, I'm glad I didn't pay for my tickets. FACE is $628 a piece and they are about 24-25 rows from the court. It's fricking ridiculous and criminal what the Bools and NBA charge for tickets.
If neither A.D. nor Bron play, I feel bad for those who did pay for their tickets. Heck, some paid "scalper" prices.
Who in the world has that kind of money to spend day in and day out over the course of a season? I don't understand how teams can attract enough people at those prices to survive.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:30 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:37 pm I have tickets for the Bools / Lakers game Wednesday.
Who in the world has that kind of money to spend day in and day out over the course of a season? I don't understand how teams can attract enough people at those prices to survive.
A lot of people - and I really don't understand it.
On a quick related note before I elaborate on that thought - the Bools have a sliding ticket cost based on opponents. The Lakers and Warriors are the two most expensive games of the season.

I look out the windows in my apartment on a sunny clear day and I can see thousands of apartments/condos and houses that cost a million plus.
When I think of all the people who have that kind of money to spend - I have trouble comprehending it.

I don't completely understand how "write offs" work in regards to tickets but it seems a lot of the those who attend Bools (and I assume many/most other NBA teams) games are either wealthy or were given tickets by those who are wealthy (many who own their own business/es).
I have to think the "average" person can't afford those prices. I don't make a lot of money but I make more than the "average" person in this country and I can't afford to buy "good" season tickets at the prices the Bools and the NBA charge - based on the way I choose to live my life.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Maybe you need a sugar daddy or momma, Gutter?
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:01 pm Maybe you need a sugar daddy or momma, Gutter?
One word answer = Yes.
Considering I was adopted, I realize I have had a very fortunate life but it kind of sucks for me now - being a have not among the many haves in my life.
I know, cry me a river.

Moving on.....

I think the Bucks and 76ers helped prove they (along with the Celtics) are the "haves" in the Eastern Conference.
76ers won by 53.
Granted, it was against the Pistons but the Bucks won by 32. Probably could have been 53+ if they wanted.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Looks like I'm not going to get LeBron nor A.D. tonight, as I predicted.
Flash back late 80s early 90s....
Some Father - "Hey kids, guess what?!?! We're going to see the Bools play! We're going to see Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen next week"!
Some Kid A - "HORRAY!!!!!!"
Some Kid B - (runs and gets his Jordan jersey and puts it on) "OH MY GOD, I AM SO EXCITED"!!!!!
One week later.....
MJ takes the game off because he has a sore calf and Pippen takes the game off because he has a sore ankle. Dad is out the the $1500 he paid for the tickets and the kids are devastated.
Both Jordan and Pippen play the next night.
Fast forward back to today. Basically the same shit people will be faced with tonight.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

630 bucks a ticket for a shitty Bulls team?
Naw.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:25 am Looks like I'm not going to get LeBron nor A.D. tonight, as I predicted.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Both are listed as questionable. Both have been listed as questionable for nearly every single game the entire season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

A business that writes them off as an expense.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back in the day i'd get into Nets games for 8 bucks and then just move down to better seats.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Normal tickets for regular people seats are $100 right now.

Gutter is talking about the rich people seats.