Chefs

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Chefs

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm sure he really likes his situation, but he probably has double digit interviews for HC already. 3-4 this season alone. It's a pretty volatile industry, and it seems the one thing that buys you security is a HC stint, often no matter how it goes.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:28 am I'm sure he really likes his situation, but he probably has double digit interviews for HC already. 3-4 this season alone. It's a pretty volatile industry, and it seems the one thing that buys you security is a HC stint, often no matter how it goes.
you make it sound like he doesn’t have security in his current situation
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not my suggestion at all.

Either way, he's clearly interested, for whatever his reasons are.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:37 am Not my suggestion at all.

Either way, he's clearly interested, for whatever his reasons are.
It's just a matter of how far you can realistically fall if you fail.

If you fail out of a head coaching job, for just sort of regular "suck at the job" reasons, your floor for the remainder of your career is position coach (or TV stooge).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leslie Frazier. That Leslie Frazier had round 2 of interviews in the past week.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:46 am Leslie Frazier. That Leslie Frazier had round 2 of interviews in the past week.
Hahah lets not act like those interviews were nothing more than fulfilling the Rooney Rule. Same of that very much apply to EB.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Jersey buyers here.... if I were to buy a football jersey from NFL shop, would I buy my normal size XL or do as they recommend and buy one size larger? I dont see it ever being worn outside of my house or possibly a sports bar and never over a hoodie or sweatshirt. Might break down and get a Mathieu Super Bowl jersey.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Which jersey is it? Each one of the jerseys; Game, Limited and Elite have different fits.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:06 am Which jersey is it? Each one of the jerseys; Game, Limited and Elite have different fits.
https://www.nflshop.com/kansas-city-chi ... -r0c0:po-0
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Go with your normal size.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good article here.
Unfortunately pay walked but talks about the history of KC and the love of the city before and now during the pandemic.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/ ... ansas-city

“ KANSAS CITY IS a big, modern city, with great restaurants, great neighborhoods and schools, and running through it all, a sense of civic pride more commonly seen in a much smaller place. Natives call it a town. But the usual flip side to civic pride is also part of Kansas City's self-identity: a nagging feeling of insecurity, that Denver is cooler, or Chicago is more metropolitan, a looking to the east and to the west with the idea that something might be better just over the horizon.

The city loves its sports teams like college fans. Irony is for folks who've never invested their whole selves in a head-hunting Derrick Thomas roaring off the edge (rest in peace, 58). Go to Arrowhead Stadium and walk through the parking lots. They smell like charcoal and wood. Go inside. Odd but true fact: It's the only stadium in America designed so that every sight line is mathematically perfect, no stretching or distorting the seating bowl in exchange for wider concourses or more concessions. The place is designed to watch football, not to have a cocktail party or eat hors d'oeuvres in a suite. The crowd is loud enough to be part of the game, a straight line of thunderous noise from Len Dawson to Dante Hall to Patrick Mahomes.”
shindig

Post by shindig »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:06 am Which jersey is it? Each one of the jerseys; Game, Limited and Elite have different fits.
I just never liked football jersey's. I have several MLB Royals jerseys and a few freebies given away at the games, I just think they look better with the buttons on the front. I don't even think I have a Chiefs sweatshirt...lol. Just don't ever wear red.
Deleted User 89

pretty good article in SI on the “Bieniemy situation”
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Deleted User 89

so, about that whole “keep them all in a bubble“ thing
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Tragically his brother died of a drug overdose. Britt has a pretty bad history with drugs and alcohol himself ( https://www.kshb.com/sports/road-to-rep ... 1-severely ) - and now if that 5 year old dies and Britt was in fact "impaired", he's FUCKED.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Good heavens. Can Sunday get here any sooner.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sad. And not excusable if impaired. But it is also possible that it was just a terrible place to break down
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/us/britt ... index.html

Sounds likely he was drunk. Feel bad for Andy, his kids are fucking dipshits