Kansas Football 2021 Season

Kansas Football.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2021 Season

Post by jhawks99 »

Anyone watch till the bitter end? Pretty egregious flag pick on on a PI in the end zone. I realize we're the worst team in the history of sportsball and there's two minutes left, but come on. Even the teevee guys rooting for statie said WTF.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There were two PIs in the end zone that were easy to spot. Hard to call given the point spread and the cost of a sports car.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I don't know who coaches punting and kicking but they should be fired immediately. Kansas kickers are awful. That punter is terrible.

We stayed through halftime and then called it a day. Boring offense, Terrible defense that routinely left guys wide open or uncovered and embarrassing special teams.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

My buddy and I attended some tailgates on the Hill. Didn’t buy tickets. Ended up watching the first half on the Hill. Right after the second half kicked off we walked up to security and asked if we could just go in. Lady said, sure why not.

Watched the second half at field level so I can’t comment at ton other than the crowd was decent, the defense couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down and I have zero clue why in the second half KU didn’t try throwing the ball in the middle of the field. KSU had probably eight or nine guys in the box and Daniels would just throw out breaking routes to each opposite hash.
I guess all in all it wasn’t that bad. I’ve seen worse. Hell, almost covered. Haven’t said that in years.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

So there maybe some good news on the way. Anyone else hearing buzz about Karon Prunty wanting to come back?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:52 am So there maybe some good news on the way. Anyone else hearing buzz about Karon Prunty wanting to come back?
I have heard he burned a ton of bridges on the way out and he would have to do A LOT to earn the trust back from his teammates and this coaching staff.

That being said talent trumps all so I’m sure if given the chance they would give him that opportunity.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

What I have heard is Prunty wants to enroll in school for the spring semester, wherever that may be. HIs preference is a return to KU. In order to do that, Leipold and company have a list of requirements he needs to meet to rejoin the team. Just happened to hear about this this weekend because rumor is he's close to earning that invite back.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Help me out please. 3 part question.
Why did he come to KU in the first place, then leave KU, and now want to come back to KU?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This roster is so devoid of talent I wouldn’t say no. Young people make mistakes so I wouldn’t be opposed to him having a second chance here.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

Rainbows&Unicorns wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:48 pm Help me out please. 3 part question.
Why did he come to KU in the first place, then leave KU, and now want to come back to KU?
1. To play for Les Miles
2. He had offers from SEC schools/closer to home/Les Miles was no longer the coach
3. No idea. But he was a freshman All-American so I wouldn't turn him down. We need all the talent we can get.
UnholyLivingDead

A lot of changes on the depth chart released this morning. Locklin and Kendrick are both off, guessing their injuries were season enders. Sam Burt is back as a back-up DT. Also no longer listed are Colin Grunhard and Luke Grimm.
UnholyLivingDead

Uh oh.

https://twitter.com/BentonASmith/status ... 2386101255

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/ ... 3095743489

With 3 games left and having already played in 3, Daniels redshirt is in serious question now.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

No show the game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Have to assume all of those guys are done for the year (Grunhard, Grimm).

The ending for this season is about to get UGLY.
Holidaysmore - 2005
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:35 am A lot of changes on the depth chart released this morning. Locklin and Kendrick are both off, guessing their injuries were season enders. Sam Burt is back as a back-up DT. Also no longer listed are Colin Grunhard and Luke Grimm.
I wonder are players that are injured removed from the depth chart normally? I don't check it except at the beginning of the year. I don't recall an injury for Grunhard or Grimm.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Rainbows&Unicorns wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:48 pm Help me out please. 3 part question.
1. To play for Les Miles
2. He had offers from SEC schools/closer to home/Les Miles was no longer the coach
3. No idea. But he was a freshman All-American so I wouldn't turn him down. We need all the talent we can get.
Thank you!
The answers to 1 and 2 were probably obvious but I truly didn't know what they are/were.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
UnholyLivingDead

nu_bronco wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:53 pm
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:35 am A lot of changes on the depth chart released this morning. Locklin and Kendrick are both off, guessing their injuries were season enders. Sam Burt is back as a back-up DT. Also no longer listed are Colin Grunhard and Luke Grimm.
I wonder are players that are injured removed from the depth chart normally? I don't check it except at the beginning of the year. I don't recall an injury for Grunhard or Grimm.
I'm not sure what the protocol normally is on that. Grunhard has been hurt pretty much all year and barely played outside of giving it a shot in the first game. Not sure if Grimm is hurt or just underperformed and fell off, he seems to have a case of the drops this year.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Grimm, had his best game all year against OU. I really liked him in the slot.

I noticed he was in street clothes on the sidelines for the State game.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

kstate had quite a few dirty plays. But they were up in arms about the one on their sideline. Typical.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

And just like the SdS chair incident we (Leipold) apologized to Kleinman. I don't get it.
Holidaysmore - 2005