Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Cascadia »

randy is out of his cave again
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Randy takes pride in being ignorant.
First off, Fauci didn't "just" get Covid. Then Randy expressed he/she feels it's funny Fauci got Covid. Because......

In his/her previous post Randy asked - "which one of you assholes are ready to admit they overreacted to covid?"

"overreacted"?
Multiple people I cared about died with/from Covid.
My brother-in-law is dead because he couldn't get the cancer treatments he needed because of Covid.
I know people who lost their businesses because of Covid.
Covid has been one of the worst things to happen in my lifetime. For many reasons.
That being said, I suppose I would rather be accused of overreacting to Covid from an idiot than be accused of minimizing Covid by an intelligent person.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1,000,000 dead people's family's do not believe we overreacted.

WTF is wrong with you,
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and that’s with people “over reacting”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think some people overreacted in how much they thought the virus could be contained or stopped, and who they wanted to blame for it not being stopped/contained. We now know those were not realistic expectations. There was no stopping this virus.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I do think a united effort to isolate for a period of time would have saved a significant amount of lives.
I don't think that effort should have been forced anymore than it was at a Federal level.

I also think March Madness shoulda been played with 16 teams in a bubble.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i think years from now they will look back at this episode unfondly. as one of the greatest clusterphucques in the history of the world. every mistake that could have been made, was made.

humanity at its' worst.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 am I do think a united effort to isolate for a period of time would have saved a significant amount of lives.
I don't think that effort should have been forced anymore than it was at a Federal level.

I also think March Madness shoulda been played with 16 teams in a bubble.
Agree about a total world wide lockdown for a few weeks. But I don't think it would have happened on a large enough scale to be effective. Too much was deemed "essential". And regional lockdowns only kick the can down the road in a world with so much travel.

I think March Madness shouldn't be madness at all. 16 teams every year sounds great. Maybe even do 3 game series. But we know that'll never happen. Too much money in packing the field full of mediocre teams.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:14 am i think years from now they will look back at this episode unfondly. as one of the greatest clusterphucques in the history of the world. every mistake that could have been made, was made.

humanity at its' worst.
World War II, where 50 million+ people died, says hold my beer.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:14 am i think years from now they will look back at this episode unfondly. as one of the greatest clusterphucques in the history of the world. every mistake that could have been made, was made.

humanity at its' worst.
Yes but not for the reasons you think
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

WWJD?

Co-worker's wife has Covid. Co-worker was exposed to her. Didn't quarantine/isolate from each other at home. I felt it was inevitable he would get it. I was right.
He continued to come in to work and claimed he was testing negative. May be true but he tested positive on Monday.
His job requires him to be in the office and he can't work remotely.
Hard to have told him to stay home being that he was testing negative - but now we know he was exposed to many people in the office.
If you were the head of HR what would you have done?

Employees are NOT required to get tested but I'm feeling it's inevitable some contracted the virus from him and are now spreading it to each other - and other people outside of the office.

My biggest concern right now is that I had dinner with 3 elderly people Monday night and was exposed to many other old people.
Stay tuned.......
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:58 am WWJD?

Co-worker's wife has Covid. Co-worker was exposed to her. Didn't quarantine/isolate from each other at home. I felt it was inevitable he would get it. I was right.
He continued to come in to work and claimed he was testing negative. May be true but he tested positive on Monday.
Hard to have told him to stay home being that he was testing negative - but now we know he was exposed to many people in the office.

Employees are NOT required to get tested but I'm feeling it's inevitable some contracted the virus from him and are now spreading it to each other - and other people outside of the office.

My biggest concern right now is that I had dinner with 3 elderly people Monday night and was exposed to many other old people.
Stay tuned.......
Are you a murderer or are you just a normal person living a normal life
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:31 pm

Stay tuned.......
So far I am NOT a murderer and I am absolutely NOT a normal person living a normal life.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:53 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:31 pm

Stay tuned.......
So far I am NOT a murderer and I am absolutely NOT a normal person living a normal life.
Regardless of what happens, you are NOT responsible for whatever happens to the elderly people you had dinner with. If they are afraid of contracting covid they should not be having dinners with people from outside their household. If they are coming out and having dinners with people then they are making the decision that they can live with the consequences of their actions.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

That was my point. Its not your fault rainbows.

But if you are not a normal person living a normal life you should fix that
Deleted User 863

People are ultimately responsible for their own behavior. At the beginning, when we didn't know much about covid, i was very concerned about catching it, so I literally did almost NOTHING in an effort to avoid being exposed.

Now that I have more info, a vaccination and booster, I am back to living a mostly "normal" life.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

wife is on a work trip down to St. George. started feeling a bit sick yesterday morning and progressively got worse through the day. tested positive last night. company tried to stick her on a fucking bus, leaving there at 6pm and not getting into SLC until after midnight. wtf

fortunately, they found an uber driver willing to bring her home (3.5 hrs on the road vs 6+)

her first confirmed covid infection, and it’s a doozy…headache, nausea, cold sweats and fever

ought to be an awesome weekend
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Kudos for the Uber driver. Putting himself at risk and taking her home.
Hope she's well soon.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that’s was my first thought as well (about the uber driver)

and thanks, she’s pretty tough generally so i know it’s serious if it’s putting her down