2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The Chargers also stink.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Paul1 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:55 am Lock of the year? Saints +3.5 VS. Bears
Went up to 4

Yes, it was the lock of the year.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Paul1 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:42 pm Mitch Trubisky just may be the worst draft pick in Bears history.
I would rather have Stanley taking the snaps next season. I'm being dead serious.
Fuck the Bears.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Ryan Leaf says hello.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

AFC West next 4 games:
Chiefs - GB, Minn, @ Tenn, LAC (Mex City) 2-2
Raiders - @ Hou, Det, LAC , Cin 2-2
Chargers - @ Chi, GB, @ Oak, Chiefs (Mex City) 1-3
Broncos - @ Indy, Cle, @ Minn, @ Buff 0-4.

Chiefs likely get Mahomes after the bye back with a 2 game lead over Oakland. Comfortable out in front of the pack and then get a healthy Mahomes back after the bye against Oakland at home.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I see:

1-3
2-2
2-2
1-3

Still in charge of our own destiny with the Raiders in Arrowhead week 13.

We'll be 5 to 7 point dogs in the Green Bay game.
I'd put us as 2 to 3 point dogs in the Minny game.
3 to 4 for Tennessee.
Same for LAC in Mexico.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs are 3 point dogs against Green Bay. Saw yesterday that Vegas said Chiefs would be a 5 or so point favorite with Mahomes. So Mahomes is an 8 point swing. And according to FPI Chiefs and Packers are almost a split on percentage to win. Chiefs with a slight percentage edge over Packers.

You guys are completely forgetting the fact that the Chiefs still have great skill guys at WR and TE. Capable running backs and a defense that has some positive momentum going for them for once this season. And a QB that won't be throwing to his receivers for the first time ever in the middle of a game. Full week of practice will definitely help.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd take Green Bay if it was 3 points.
Rodgers is finding his groove.
We just lost at home to the Colts and the Texans with Mahomes -- and I think both those teams are worse than Green Bay.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not saying I wouldn't take Green Bay. But the while Mahomes is a generational QB, all the skill guys will be out there for Matt Moore to throw the ball to. Moore didn't even get to play in the preseason. That was his first live action snap in meaningful action since 2017. (He played some in opener against Jax when game out of hand)

Chiefs defense might have found a bit of a groove that they didn't have against Texans and Colts. I know Flacco stinks, but Denver tried to run the ball with 2 good backs and they couldn't. Chiefs could get Chris Jones back as well.

Plus, Reid does quite well in these situations. In 2002 he lost McNabb to injury when they were 7-3. AJ Feeley and Koy Detmer were the QBs. They went 5-1 and season finished at 12-4 and then McNabb returned and they lost in NFC Championship Game. By the way, Moore is better than both Feeley and Detmer. He's going to scheme like crazy.

They'll do better than expected.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The AFC West is an absolute tire fire. Even the Chiefs' misfortune happens at fortunate times.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:38 am The AFC West is an absolute tire fire. Even the Chiefs' misfortune happens at fortunate times.
Which has NEVER happened with the Chiefs franchise.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:07 am Chiefs are 3 point dogs against Green Bay. Saw yesterday that Vegas said Chiefs would be a 5 or so point favorite with Mahomes. So Mahomes is an 8 point swing. And according to FPI Chiefs and Packers are almost a split on percentage to win. Chiefs with a slight percentage edge over Packers.

You guys are completely forgetting the fact that the Chiefs still have great skill guys at WR and TE. Capable running backs and a defense that has some positive momentum going for them for once this season. And a QB that won't be throwing to his receivers for the first time ever in the middle of a game. Full week of practice will definitely help.
Chiefs opened against the Packers as -4 and now it's all the way to +3.5. Mahomes being worth 8 points literally means that his presence is the difference between the Chiefs being favorites in every game instead of underdogs.

Logic says that the Chiefs are most likely to win 1 game or 0 games without Mahomes. But, it's really only going to matter for first round bye purposes b/c the AFC West is simply not good enough to gain 2 games on the Chiefs in that time frame.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. They need to win some to stay in the race for the 2nd seed.

They're going to make the playoffs. And they will have a home game. Just depends on if it's WC weekend or Divisional round after a bye. Right now, my hunch is to say that they'll be a 3 seed, but wouldn't surprise me if they snuck a couple of wins, some teams falter and Chiefs get the 2 at the very end.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:41 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:38 am The AFC West is an absolute tire fire. Even the Chiefs' misfortune happens at fortunate times.
Which has NEVER happened with the Chiefs franchise.
And that's because it really isn't about fortune or luck. The Chiefs have been a poorly ran franchise for most of its existence, which is why there hasn't been much playoff success. Denver has been ran better for the majority of time, and that has helped keep KC from winning much and the fans have a perceived feeling that the universe is just against the team.

There are examples of that all over the league, including Green Bay being ran ridiculously better than Minnesota.

Anyway, point being, good things are happening to the Chiefs because ever since Andy Reid got there, they have done most things extremely well. Mahomes going down is unfortunate, but the fact that the Chiefs are so much better than the other AFC West teams is because they worked hard, did it right, and didn't make the plethora of mindnumbing stupid mistakes that all of Oakland, Denver and San Angeles have made in the past 5-8 years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"And that's because it really isn't about fortune or luck."

Wrong.
But we know where your allegiance lies so it's not worth debating.
Deleted User 266

Well, the Pats have been known to cheat so maybe they really did put ghosts on the field?

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/ ... 2976472064
Deleted User 266

The rich get richer?
Mohamed Sanu is a Patriot.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well fuck.
Sanu is a good player.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Patriots +175 in point differential. Outrageous.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just ask how many more years Brady plans on playing and give them that many trophies.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:57 am Patriots +175 in point differential. Outrageous.
Outrageous indeed. But also holy shit, their schedule has sucked. You take away the Bills, the average record of the teams they have played are 1-5 or something along those lines.

Absolute joke. They'll be the 1 seed. The AFC will run through Foxborough again, which is fine. Mahomes can beat them there in January.