COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:48 pm
StayCurious wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:18 pm You can trust the science, and I'll trust the reality around me.
"Trust the science"

Aka ignore the science and trust corrupt big government. Trust the money. Trust the politics.
So, I should tell my SO that her Masters’ in Microbiology is a fucking joke?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:37 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:48 pm
StayCurious wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:18 pm You can trust the science, and I'll trust the reality around me.
"Trust the science"

Aka ignore the science and trust corrupt big government. Trust the money. Trust the politics.
So, I should tell my SO that her Masters’ in Microbiology is a fucking joke?
Nope. Good life accomplishment. I'm sure she/he invested a lot of time and money into it. Be proud

But that has nothing to do with the amount of money politics and power that have gone into the way government has approached covid

Bottom line is its a virus that barely affects the average healthy person. Doesnt affect roughly half the population at all. But then again we've known that since the very beginning
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The fact some of yall are genuinely still concerned about covid blows my mind. Havent your shephards led you to safety yet
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:56 am The fact some of yall are genuinely still concerned about covid blows my mind. Havent your shephards led you to safety yet
Different levels of concern.
I am at a very low level of concern about myself despite having heart and lung issues. I probably should be more concerned.
I am at a little higher level of concern regarding my 89 year old mother who is missing a part of a lung and has other health issues.
I am more concerned about my immunocompromised sister who has to get frequent transfusions and if she contracts Covid can not get them. If she doesn't get them, she's fucked.
So all that being said, I feel I would have to be a complete asshole not to still be at least a little "concerned" about Covid.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there’s a difference in denying that the vaccines weren’t helpful/don’t work/are a product of big government and understanding that many people will be fine with natural immunity.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol

“follow the money” :lol:

the money is in treating severely ill patients (which is what the vaccines are largely preventing)…ventilators, ICU and the like

i can’t believe this still has to be pointed out

remove the tinfoil hat
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:50 am lol

“follow the money” :lol:

the money is in treating severely ill patients (which is what the vaccines are largely preventing)…ventilators, ICU and the like

i can’t believe this still has to be pointed out

remove the tinfoil hat
I think it might be more of a tin foil skull
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you wanna stick it to the man. don't get your shot. that'll show them.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:21 pm you wanna stick it to the man. don't get your shot. that'll show them.
Why would you care?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Today the new York state Supreme Court reinstated alll employees who were fired for not being vaccinated. And ordered they receive back pay. Because it was an obvious violation of rights. And issued a statement that being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting the virus
Last edited by randylahey on Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Logic and common sense is taking back over in this country after we witnessed half our country throw all logic all the window and commit the biggest large scale over reaction imaginable lol.

The "conspiracy theorists" were right
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But that shouldn't surprise anyone who approached the covid situation with an open mind. Just those that jumped on board with the propaganda and political demands of politicians using the situation for power
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:57 am Today the new York state Supreme Court reinstated alll employees who were fired for not being vaccinated. And ordered they receive back pay. Because it was an obvious violation of rights. And issued a statement that being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting the virus
20 bucks that, without looking it up, you and the vast majority of the media have no idea what the New York State Supreme Court actually is.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randy going full lobster should come as no surprise
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't need the state of new york to tell me the world botched the china fungus. I know. I lived it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:08 pm randy going full lobster should come as no surprise
All I did was state a reasonable thing that happened. That anyone with an open mind wouldn't argue against

But I have no clue who lobster is
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:15 pm i don't need the state of new york to tell me the world botched the china fungus. I know. I lived it.
Majority of people are realizing that. If they didn't know it all along. But its funny seeing logic take back over in a place like new York.

And its going to be really funny seeing these midterm elections play out