COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
StayCurious

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by StayCurious »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:21 pm Wait, so you can only get the flu once every 10 years? Fascinating.
Not what I said.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:13 pm What usually happens when someone gets the flu is that their body gains natural immunity for about 10 years or more. What we're seeing with covid is really unusual because of a couple of reasons.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The vaccines haven't failed. They saved 19.2 million lives globally in the first year. They are still highly protective against death and serious illness by an order of magnitude. This is remarkable given that the virus has mutated as much as it has...which is why the latest booster was made.

The original variant isn’t circulating any more.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:46 pm
StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:13 pm What usually happens when someone gets the flu is that their body gains natural immunity for about 10 years or more. What we're seeing with covid is really unusual because of a couple of reasons.
Look up what the word "usually" means.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:49 pm The vaccines haven't failed. They saved 19.2 million lives globally in the first year. They are still highly protective against death and serious illness by an order of magnitude. This is remarkable given that the virus has mutated as much as it has...which is why the latest booster was made.

The original variant isn’t circulating any more.
The problem with your assumption is that there's nothing to compare it to. You cannot live in two realities. Most people would have been totally fine without the shots. It's very unremarkable that this thing was rushed and given the FDA seal of approval. It was only approved because of the "emergency use authorization" gave the government and big pharma exclusive rights to push the jab and ignore alternate treatments. They were aggressively trying to squash down any sort of alternative treatment, which will go down in history as one of the biggest crimes against humanity since WW2. Any time you have all science agreeing with each other, you know it's not science.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:25 pm Get your bivalent boosters everybody.

Don't listen to lobster or randy.
Should everyone that has already had covid (majority of people) and had mild or no symptoms (majority of cases) get their boosters?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:04 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:25 pm Get your bivalent boosters everybody.

Don't listen to lobster or randy.
Should everyone that has already had covid (majority of people) and had mild or no symptoms (majority of cases) get their boosters?
Yes, especially if they were infected by a different variant.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:58 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:46 pm
Look up what the word "usually" means.
I looked up immunity
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

[quote=StayCurious post_id=304065 time=1671746586 user_id=939
You cannot live in two realities.
[/quote]

One reality would be a step up for you.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sounds pretty pointless phd. Why would anyone take a medical treatment for something they do not need? Where is the logic in that
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

StayQ - Do you you have a primary care doc? If so, have you discussed your theories with him/her?
I'm curious if he/she agrees with you. If he/she does, I would also be curious to know where he/she "practices" medicine.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

There's no meaningful downside to getting vaccinated. The chance of side effects are incredibly small. The chances of getting Covid-19 are very high. Why not reduce the severity of the symptoms, reduce the duration, reduce the chances of death even if you think they're already low?

It's simple cost-benefit analysis.

You probably won't get tetanus or meningitis either. You'd be stupid not to be vaccinated for those.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:02 pm There's no meaningful downside to getting vaccinated. The chance of side effects are incredibly small. The chances of getting Covid-19 are very high. Why not reduce the severity of the symptoms, reduce the duration, reduce the chances of death even if you think they're already low?

It's simple cost-benefit analysis.

You probably won't get tetanus or meningitis either. You'd be stupid not to be vaccinated for those.
If you are over like 60 or in bad health..Sure, your cost-benefit analysis makes sense. But for most people the vaccine is pretty pointless. There are some risks. That is a fact. Most peoples' immune systems are perfectly capable of tackling covid without any additional vaccine or booster help. That is a fact.

Just out of curiosity phd about how old are you
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:57 pm StayQ - Do you you have a primary care doc? If so, have you discussed your theories with him/her?
I'm curious if he/she agrees with you. If he/she does, I would also be curious to know where he/she "practices" medicine.
Yes I do, and yes she does. She told me she regrets getting the shots. She told me not to get them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

riiiiiiiiight
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Tetanus is highly dangerous, yes. I would argue it's probably the most valuable vaccine on the market. Most of other vaccines can be a good decision to get. However, I'll share something interesting. My grandma grew up in the time of the great depression. She was in various flu pandemics and also, the polio pandemic. She never once took a single vaccine her entire life. She lived to be 86. She was very healthy most of her life -- active, not overweight, had more than 10 children, played music, etc. She did just fine without any vaccines. Would I recommend that to everyone? No. I would say it depends on how healthy your family dna tends to be. Do I think people need to follow the ridiculous number of vaccines on the childhood schedule? Definitely not.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Rainbows, let's cool it on the "ask for personal info" thing. This isn't a doxxing board. I think we can all agree on that. I don't ask you for your doctor or employer info.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:31 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:57 pm StayQ - Do you you have a primary care doc? If so, have you discussed your theories with him/her?
Yes I do, and yes she does. She told me she regrets getting the shots. She told me not to get them.
Thanks for the response. I have more questions but I'm leery of asking them because I don't know her, her qualifications, and if she only got "the shots" because she was forced to.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

more likely, she doesn’t really exist
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:38 pm Rainbows, let's cool it on the "ask for personal info" thing. This isn't a doxxing board. I think we can all agree on that. I don't ask you for your doctor or employer info.
I didn't ask you for your specific doctor info. I did say - "I would also be curious to know where he/she "practices" medicine".
I have no problem sharing where the majority of my doctors "practice". Why would I?