Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 289 »

The Instagram post translated.......

The last foreign reinforcement of Nymburk basketball players is Carlton Bragg @ dreamchaser_216. The 24-year-old American pivot comes after graduating from New Mexico University, where he played the NCAA for @unmlobombb.
He previously worked at the University of Kansas. As a high school student, he was one of America's greatest talents, with 18 current NBA players, including Donovan Mitchell, finishing behind him in the prestigious RSCI.
A native of Cleveland, he is 208 centimeters tall, yet he is very mobile. In the last year at the university, he was one of the mainstays of the team with averages of 12 points and 10 rebounds per match, to which he added 1.2 blocks. Fans enjoy frequent smashes. However, he has not yet fully developed his potential, which the scouts had seen in him in previous years.
At Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School @vasjhighschool helped with two Ohio titles and was one of the most outstanding talents of his year. With averages of 21 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks, he earned inclusion in the ranking of the 100 best high school students of 2015. He finished 22nd. Behind him are current Washington Wizards pivot Thomas Bryant, Denver quarterback Jamal Murray and Utah star Donovan Mitchell.
Bragg had several offers from good universities, eventually choosing Kansas. There, for 2017, he was ranked among the 20 NCAA candidates for the Karel Malone Award for Best Beer. He missed another season due to a transfer to the University of New Mexico.
Now he has the first professional season ahead of him, in the Nymburk jersey, where he will have the difficult task of following up on the good performances of his predecessor and fan favorite Zach Hankins under the basket.
"Carlton brings a combination of energy and skills that we were looking for for this position. We like his passion and the emotions he puts into play whenever he's on the field. His athletic dispositions fit into our style of play and give us more options in attack and defense. As with many other young players we have recruited, we believe that Carlton has a lot of room for improvement and further development. And that is one of our priorities, "said coach Oren Amiel.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Fans enjoy frequent smashes."

Hell yea we do.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Marcus Morris in the news and not for good reasons. Appears to have tried to step on Luka's injured ankle. He says, she says but with his reputation it doesn't appear good. Considered foul play but in the 80s and 90s it would have been quietly applauded as a savvy, veteran move win at all costs.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Morris twins aren't good people.
Deleted User 289

Don't know if you are being facetious or not. I believe they are not bad people but they have obviously done and been involved in some not good things.
They have done and continue to do some good things too.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

It is pretty obvious to me that he wasnt trying to hurt him. At the very worst he was stepping on his shoe trying to create a turnover. At the very least it was an accident.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:08 am Morris twins aren't good people.
Nope.

They’re great people.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also does Laura Bauer speak Czech?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am not being facetious.
I don't think they are bad people.
I don't think they are good people.

Too many fights throughout the years - in college and the NBA.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And while I don’t want to condone violence or anything, that attitude is also part of what makes them great.

Heck, could you imagine if a guy like Wiggins had it?!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:26 am The Instagram post translated.......

The last foreign reinforcement of Nymburk basketball players is Carlton Bragg @ dreamchaser_216. The 24-year-old American pivot comes after graduating from New Mexico University, where he played the NCAA for @unmlobombb.
He previously worked at the University of Kansas. As a high school student, he was one of America's greatest talents, with 18 current NBA players, including Donovan Mitchell, finishing behind him in the prestigious RSCI.
A native of Cleveland, he is 208 centimeters tall, yet he is very mobile. In the last year at the university, he was one of the mainstays of the team with averages of 12 points and 10 rebounds per match, to which he added 1.2 blocks. Fans enjoy frequent smashes. However, he has not yet fully developed his potential, which the scouts had seen in him in previous years.
At Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School @vasjhighschool helped with two Ohio titles and was one of the most outstanding talents of his year. With averages of 21 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks, he earned inclusion in the ranking of the 100 best high school students of 2015. He finished 22nd. Behind him are current Washington Wizards pivot Thomas Bryant, Denver quarterback Jamal Murray and Utah star Donovan Mitchell.
Bragg had several offers from good universities, eventually choosing Kansas. There, for 2017, he was ranked among the 20 NCAA candidates for the Karel Malone Award for Best Beer. He missed another season due to a transfer to the University of New Mexico.
Now he has the first professional season ahead of him, in the Nymburk jersey, where he will have the difficult task of following up on the good performances of his predecessor and fan favorite Zach Hankins under the basket.
"Carlton brings a combination of energy and skills that we were looking for for this position. We like his passion and the emotions he puts into play whenever he's on the field. His athletic dispositions fit into our style of play and give us more options in attack and defense. As with many other young players we have recruited, we believe that Carlton has a lot of room for improvement and further development. And that is one of our priorities, "said coach Oren Amiel.
There, for 2017, he was ranked among the 20 NCAA candidates for the Karel Malone Award for Best Beer.
Did they mis-translate "bong"?
Deleted User 310

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think all of those are pretty valid:
Harden, Beal, Booker.
If Booker was Embiid's age I wouldn't do it.

But you could also flip those for Simmons and they'd be great deals too.
Deleted User 289

My answer to the question is - No.
You basically have a guy who is a one of a kind player, is extremely likable and marketable as a 76er and to 76er fans and the city of Philadelphia - as well as nationally and internationally, and you can build a franchise around him.
I don't really care what you can get for him. You're not going to get a Joel Embiid in return and it's extremely likely the odds will always be against you winning a championship anyways.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:51 am
My answer to the question is - No.
You basically have a guy who is a one of a kind player, is extremely likable and marketable as a 76er and to 76er fans and the city of Philadelphia - as well as nationally and internationally, and you can build a franchise around him.
I don't really care what you can get for him. You're not going to get a Joel Embiid in return and it's extremely likely the odds will always be against you winning a championship anyways.
I think the problem is becoming that they prefer simmons and embiid is a bit of a headache/questionable work ethic. He just flat out looks like he doesnt try sometimes.

I think they are wrong if they truly do want to split them up already (although it is very likely they dont and these are all just rumors based on him seeming unhappy with Philly this season and how they used him/style of basketball they played).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think you needed to keep Reddick in Philly and go after another shooter.
i.e. you'd be better off, if you could make it work, with Bojan Bogdanovic than Al Horford.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:24 am I think you needed to keep Reddick in Philly and go after another shooter.
i.e. you'd be better off, if you could make it work, with Bojan Bogdanovic than Al Horford.
Ya. How they fucked that up is beyond me. Reddick was the perfect fit next to simmons and embiid....and they let him walk for richardson? Let Saric walk too...he also fit much better than Horford.

It is like the got so used to "the process" of tanking for good draft picks that they forgot how to build a team.

Shooters and defense is what must surround embiid and simmons if they are going to work together. No need for another ballhandler. No need to guys who need the ball in their hands. Embiid and Simmons are different enough that they can work together...but they cant be surrounded by guys like horford harris and richardson imo. They were better off with Butler and Reddick and Saric.
Deleted User 289

I love two guys in the pic and very much dislike the two others.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEk-Ir_DyEe/?
Deleted User 289

Twinkees birthday today - in da Bubble.
They both have the day off and they both have a playoff series coming up. Not a bad day to be a M Morri.
Deleted User 289

I'm sure he's referring to getting ousted so early but I have a strong feeling he either wants out of Philly or wants a new "process".

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1 ... 3486743552