republicans have no shame

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: republicans have no shame

Post by Geezer »

He had to change the subject
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 am Being that I was commenting on GORKA'S tweet, I was referring to Sebastian "Alpha Male/s" Gorka's POSSIBLE thought process, not Grenell's.
I apologize if that wasn't clear.
You and Geezer are both right.

It wasn't clear.

AND

I wanted to change the subject.

Gorka is gross.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Not too sure how much clearer I could have made it but if it wasn't clear to you - I am sorry about that.
Obviously, as some of our recent exchanges have proven, I'm not always clear about things you post either. Hopefully going forward we can be respectful towards one another and give each other clarification - if we ask for it and truly care.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Trouble for hard core Republicans, who've told us over and over that government is bad and all, every single one of those politicians is evil, and that all those more liberal than they are condescending to all the Bubbas out there....trouble is that all those Republicans are now opposing physicians.

And even many of the stupid, illiterate, ill-educated Bubbas have listened in their personal lives to a doctor explain some technical stuff about some disease and some procedure they've never heard of and don't really understand. Have listened to some explanation about some new scientific finding and new drug created by folks in white coats with fancy degrees.

Perhaps for the ultra right wing and the Prosperity Gospelists the anti-science rhetoric still works, but for a lot of folks, they're listening to all those people on TV with all those letters behind their names, because they trusted that kind of person in their own lives.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

Mitch the bitch makes me laugh.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Monday slammed former President Barack Obama for criticizing the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic during a private call last week, asserting that he "should have kept his mouth shut."
"I think it's a little bit classless, frankly, to critique an administration that comes after you."

Seems he's ignoring the fact that Obama did it while speaking to his (Obama's) and Biden's supporters on a "private" phone call.

I'm curious, how does Mitch feel about the sitting President publicly critiquing an administration that came before him - on a daily basis?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:01 am Mitch the bitch makes me laugh.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Monday slammed former President Barack Obama for criticizing the Trump administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic during a private call last week, asserting that he "should have kept his mouth shut."
"I think it's a little bit classless, frankly, to critique an administration that comes after you."

Seems he's ignoring the fact that Obama did it while speaking to his (Obama's) and Biden's supporters on a "private" phone call.

I'm curious, how does Mitch feel about the sitting President publicly critiquing an administration that came before him - on a daily basis?
I don't know either, Gutter. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a difference:

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

I know I am insane but the way out government is being run these days (by both "sides"), it almost makes me wish I knew who our "designated survivor" is.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:20 pm I know I am insane but the way out government is being run these days (by both "sides"), it almost makes me wish I knew who our "designated survivor" is.
It's Oussie.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Maybe this needs its own thread - the latest no-shame Republican: John Cornyn (A$$hole-TX)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-cor ... 6c9a4d98d0

After voting more than a dozen times to repeal the Affordable Care Act and leading Senate Republican efforts to dismantle it, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said Monday that the “good news” is that people can sign up for President Barack Obama’s signature health care law if they’ve lost their jobs and need health insurance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“The good news is that if you lose your employer-provided coverage, which covers about a 180 million Americans, that is a significant life event, which makes you then eligible to sign up for the Affordable Care Act,” Cornyn said in a PBS Austin interview. “As you know, it has a sliding scale of subsidies up to 400% of poverty. So that’s an option for people."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:58 pm Maybe this needs its own thread - the latest no-shame Republican: John Cornyn (A$$hole-TX)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-cor ... 6c9a4d98d0

After voting more than a dozen times to repeal the Affordable Care Act and leading Senate Republican efforts to dismantle it, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said Monday that the “good news” is that people can sign up for President Barack Obama’s signature health care law if they’ve lost their jobs and need health insurance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“The good news is that if you lose your employer-provided coverage, which covers about a 180 million Americans, that is a significant life event, which makes you then eligible to sign up for the Affordable Care Act,” Cornyn said in a PBS Austin interview. “As you know, it has a sliding scale of subsidies up to 400% of poverty. So that’s an option for people."
You really can't make this shit up. How lame. How weak. How hypocritical.

How republican.
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The rabbi that presided over my wedding had an interesting interaction with Pence.

https://twitter.com/CNNTonight/status/1 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I guess maybe Senator Burr should have known better than to allow a report to come out of the senate intelligence committee that didn't fully "exonerate" Trump in the Russian election scandal, huh? Or, is Senator Loeffler, next?

https://twitter.com/BarbMcQuade/status/ ... 5Etfw">May
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Click through to read the whole thread.

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/statu ... 8304753664
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:08 am Click through to read the whole thread.

Before I read this thread, the "Flynn Scandal", like the "Benghazi Scandal", the "Obama wants to take away all our guns and lock us in FEMA camps", the "they want to unplug grandma", the "death panels", "Obama is a Muslim", "Obama wasn't born here", "Hillary sold our uranium to Russia" scandal, "Hunter Biden", and too many more to list or count, are all

"Slogans In Search of a Scandal".

Like voter suppression, i what happens when your policies are too repugnant to a majority of the electorate, so you can't possibly win if you run on them.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Before I read this thread, the "Flynn Scandal", like the "Benghazi Scandal", the "Obama wants to take away all our guns and lock us in FEMA camps", the "they want to unplug grandma", the "death panels", "Obama is a Muslim", "Obama wasn't born here", "Hillary sold our uranium to Russia" scandal, "Hunter Biden", and too many more to list or count, are all

Like voter suppression, it's what happens when your policies are too repugnant to a majority of the electorate, so you can't possibly win if you run on them.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:32 am

Like voter suppression, it's what happens when your policies are too repugnant to a majority of the electorate, so you can't possibly win if you run on them.
Well it's not just that - it's (as we've seen so many times) that there's a strong effort to blunt the impact of his own criminality and self-dealing by trying to blow the same dust on top of political opponents/surrogates.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

seems like a twisted attempt at “both sides do it”

not surprising
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »