It's Game Day

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: It's Game Day

Post by pdub »

We already are at six wins.
One of them a upset of no. 6 OU in their last season in the B12.
Pretty damn good so far.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Living the dream. It is like one of those gutter questions: would you give up the overall wins lead in BB, a FF banner and a bb league championship for football relevance. Yeah. I would
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:01 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:44 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:20 pmBean fucked it up.
We all have to change our views sometimes.

Bean fucked that particular play up.
Read the rest of the friend brah if you’d like to see other things I said.
He fucked up a lot in the 4th quarter. Just as much as OSU, statistically. But he got another chance because that D you were asking for came through.

And on the subsequent drive, he came through as well. I’m happy for him. I’m happy for KU football.

But I could see he was the issue in the last, and almost (no, it doesn’t count), today, because we won, and that’s all that matters (silly).

I believe he’s our ride or die this season, so I’m not hating on him, but I’ll call a spade a spade, as I will this about this week’s game.

But again, you do you, boo.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:41 pm Living the dream. It is like one of those gutter questions: would you give up the overall wins lead in BB, a FF banner and a bb league championship for football relevance. Yeah. I would
I would for sure. Relevant football is at least as much fun as Championship caliber basketball.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bean is consistently inconsistent. He has next level talent as a flanker and emergency QB. But those short passes are an adventure.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:45 pm

He fucked up a lot in the 4th quarter. Just as much as OSU, statistically. But he got another chance because that D you were asking for came through.

And on the subsequent drive, he came through as well. I’m happy for him. I’m happy for KU football.

But I could see he was the issue in the last, and almost (no, it doesn’t count), today, because we won, and that’s all that matters (silly).

I believe he’s our ride or die this season, so I’m not hating on him, but I’ll call a spade a spade, as I will this about this week’s game.

^^^^^This^^^^^
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:45 pm

The defense stepped up today ( though I’d say we sure were fortunate with the weather ).
If they had played like they did today vs OSU we would be talking about how incredible Bean has taken over for Daniels because he’d have us tied for the B12 lead.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bean has a few correctable mechanical/read issues. I wonder if he has been given enough attention there.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:54 pm Bean has a few correctable mechanical/read issues. I wonder if he has been given enough attention there.
First down before the 2nd pick demonstrates that, no question. Read issues aren’t always correctable, but hopefully they are here. Mechanics in season are tough sometimes, too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He continues to lock in on short reads without progression.

If he gets the time to throw more than fifteen yards I feel confident. I don’t as much when it’s a quick pass.

I don’t think it’s mechanical as much as it is just making bad decisions and not reading the defense appropriately.

That said, he and Daniels are still the best QBs we have had since Reesing.

I wish we would get him more orchestrated runs but I guess since he’s our backup and who knows how the third string could do ( Cascadia wanted him to take over for Bean ) we might be cautious in him taking hits.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:49 pm Bean is consistently inconsistent. He has next level talent as a flanker and emergency QB. But those short passes are an adventure.
There are just some plays where he has decided what he is going to do and he does it no matter what the defense is doing or where they are. He throws some passes that have absolutely no business being thrown and you can tell that it was coming out no matter what. We survived those mistakes today thank goodness.

He also makes some absolutely huge plays as well. He could have pulled the string on that huge 4th and 6 to go pass to Arnold and steered it in any number of mistakes but he was spot on. When plays are designed for him to function in a traditional rhythm, he does well. When things are sped up, he doesn't handle it as well.

I am glad that Kansas' backup QB is as competent and skilled as Bean is. He isn't elite but he's better than all of the other backups and many of the starting QBs in the Big 12 which works just fine.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ABC is reporting that fans charged the field after the Kansas City Jayhawks upset ou.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hell yea they did.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:08 am ABC is reporting that fans charged the field after the Kansas City Jayhawks upset ou.
Taylor Swift was there. And stuff. ; )
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:37 pm Bye next week - need that 6th win for a bowl. My guesses at % chances and possible lines.
These are assuming Daniels does not return.

v OU. 10% chance at a win. OU -16.5.
@ ISU. 40% chance at a win. ISU - 3.5.
v Texas Tech. 60% chance at a win. KU - 5.
v ksu. 50% chance at a win. ksu - 6. ( I think the line will favor ksu but i'd bet on the Hawks to cover hence the 50% chance at a win )
@ Cincy. 60% chance at a win. KU - 3.
We had a 99.9% chance to loose late in the 4th according to ESPN.
I was close on the ISU line, it's ISU -2.5 currently.
OU obviously the better team but I just hate us on the road.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Alright, just done watching full game. Defense did a great job, for the most part. I like.

Bean made some great plays. His TD run was awesome. The 4th down conversions on our final drive, amazing. Many other things he did, again, especially in 4th quarter, with no interest in drumming up an argument, were interesting.

Really glad for the win. Not sure how many times out of 50 we get the win with all things considered. That doesn't matter, glad this was the one.

9-3 regular season is now my hope. Ames is going to be a tough place to play.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The schedule is cruel sometimes. Play OSU or ISU earlier, great. Instead, played OSU and UT in hot conditions with both at their peak performance level. Play ISU and KSU after they have figured it out. Played OU at a great time. Cinnci will be a tough out at home after some disappointments. Tech is always a tough out.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

To your argument, KU should also have it figured out by time we play ISU and KSU.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:58 pm To your argument, KU should also have it figured out by time we play ISU and KSU.
But Bean*
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »