Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by KUTradition »

gutter, you aren’t in the wrong

don’t apologize or justify anything to that dipshit

nothing at all wrong with calling out inconsiderate people
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:42 am Coronavirus Today: The problem with the lab leak theory

https://www.latimes.com/science/newslet ... irus-today
The problem with the lab leak theory is powerful people with ties to the US government would have to be held accountable
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Not according to the data Kaplan found.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Kaplan? dammit.....do I have to take the SATs again?
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:57 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:42 am Coronavirus Today: The problem with the lab leak theory

https://www.latimes.com/science/newslet ... irus-today
The problem with the lab leak theory is powerful people within and with ties to the US government want it to be true so they can blame gina.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The more China gets blamed, the more you've gotta wonder if it actually came from one of the biolabs in the Ukraine
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:23 pm The more China gets blamed, the more you've gotta wonder if it actually came from one of the biolabs in the Ukraine
Ban?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm making a new 50's style Sci Fi movie.
"It Came from Hunter's Laptop"
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

This is your brain on Tucker Carlson
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

This week, an international team of virologists, genomicists, and evolutionary biologists may have finally found crucial data to help fill that knowledge gap. A new analysis of genetic sequences collected from the market shows that raccoon dogs being illegally sold at the venue could have been carrying and possibly shedding the virus at the end of 2019. It’s some of the strongest support yet, experts told me, that the pandemic began when SARS-CoV-2 hopped from animals into humans, rather than in an accident among scientists experimenting with viruses.

per the Atlantic
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Let me guess, they're not confident in their findings?

It's not like China has any benefit to helping lead them to the conclusion it was from an animal. *sarcasm*

Now, I am not a lab leak theory guy....but I think it's incredibly silly to believe China isn't capable of hiding and misleading the origins if that's what they want/need to do.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im not entirely sure it matters tremendously at this point....other than to prove an I gotcha point to the other "team"
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:10 am Im not entirely sure it matters tremendously at this point....other than to prove an I gotcha point to the other "team"
Certainly feels that way to me too.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:10 am Im not entirely sure it matters tremendously at this point....other than to prove an I gotcha point to the other "team"
it absolutely matters if “we” have any desire at all to prevent or more successfully mitigate such things in the future

and that holds true regardless of what actually happened

i presume that, globally, labs dealing with infectious diseases have taken a long look at their protocols in response to the possibility that this stemmed from a lab leak

i’m not so sure the same can be said for our interfaces with wildlife…which is fucking absurd given that we know with absolute certainty that such spillovers have occurred via that route in the past
Deleted User 863

Meh.

We should be working to prevent both things regardless.

The sides are quite clear at this point. It's why you and PhD run here with anything that says it's possibly from an animal and Randy runs here with anything that says it's possibly from a lab.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

their mission is "own the pubs."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:59 am Meh.

The sides are quite clear at this point. It's why you and PhD run here with anything that says it's possibly from an animal and Randy runs here with anything that says it's possibly from a lab.
Pay closer attention dipshit.

I have no vested interest in protecting China.

I don't think it was a bioweapon because the sequence confirms it wasn't and every intelligence agency agrees.

It also wasn't a result of the NIH funded research that was controversial. These are verifiable.

It absolutely could be a lab leak of a naturally existing virus.

The article I posted yesterday was relevant to the discussion and didn’t necessarily represent my opinion.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if only…
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:05 am their mission is "own the pubs."
"Owning the pubs" isn't that difficult. All one has to do is wake up in the morning.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:10 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:59 am Meh.

I have no vested interest in protecting China.

I don't think it was a bioweapon because the sequence confirms it wasn't and every intelligence agency agrees.

It also wasn't a result of the NIH funded research that was controversial. These are verifiable.

It absolutely could be a lab leak of a naturally existing virus.

The article I posted yesterday was relevant to the discussion and didn’t necessarily represent my opinion.
You have a vested interest in Randy not being correct. That's why it's clear you're hoping it is from an animal. And fighting for your "team".

And "every intelligence agency" apparently doesn't agree.

Go teams!

Let us normal people know when your fucked up game is over and who wins.