Automobiles

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: Automobiles

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:51 am also I miss Click and Clack.
yessir
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:51 am also I miss Click and Clack.
Don't drive like my brother.
Defense. Rebounds.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Don't drive like my brother...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, rocker and 99 are brothers?!

which one of you two is Clack?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ordered a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition a week ago.
Identical to this one, except I went with a black hard top.

https://youtu.be/dETGfUP8cVc
shindig

Post by shindig »

I'm wondering are these built better than a Jeep Grand Cherokee? My older brother has a Grand Cherokee (2016 I think) and that thing is always in the shop. The a/c compressor recently went out and it's over $2k to fix. My gf sold hers because it was always breaking down. She had to have it towed several times, once it wouldn't start in my driveway.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think - and I'm the wrong person to ask, trust me - part of the appeal of the Wrangler/Gladiator line is (a) durability/reliability at the expense of comfort/slickness, and (b) it remains one of the last things that reasonably-competent people can work on themselves, apart from things like the electronics.
Deleted User 62

This will be Jeep #20 for me. I have never had any real problems with any of them, but I mostly stick to Wranglers. Modifying Jeeps is my main hobby.

I enjoy top off/doors off driving, and I use my Jeeps as they were intended, to go places that most folks couldn't go...even if they wanted to.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 am This will be Jeep #20 for me. I have never had any real problems with any of them, but I mostly stick to Wranglers. Modifying Jeeps is my main hobby.

I enjoy top off/doors off driving, and I use my Jeeps as they were intended, to go places that most folks couldn't go...even if they wanted to.
That's a cool hobby. I would love a Wrangler, just don't think I would drive it much, at least like it was intended for.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

cool purchase, plano. I've been seeing more and more of the Gladiators around, and have been wondering how folks like them. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts once you get some miles on it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

my first thought was, (ok my FIRST first thought was, somebody put a goofy little Tacoma bed on a Jeep), but my first thought was, can you fold the rear seats down and lay down in the back at all? I'm all about that nap life.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You know what I don't understand, is camper shells on pickups. Shouldn't you just...buy an SUV?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

when I got a Tacoma, I would have preferred a 4Runner except that you can't get them with a manual any more, and that's important to me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

one thing I'm trying to find but haven't yet is, can a fellow fold down the rear seats in the Gladiator and lay down in the back?

I'm all about that nap life.
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:47 am one thing I'm trying to find but haven't yet is, can a fellow fold down the rear seats in the Gladiator and lay down in the back?

Yes, you can.
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:20 am cool purchase, plano. I've been seeing more and more of the Gladiators around, and have been wondering how folks like them. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts once you get some miles on it.
I drove a couple of Gladiator Rubicons for a few days. I like the way they drive. Gonna take some getting used to the length, but the ride is definitely better than my current 2 door JK.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:47 am one thing I'm trying to find but haven't yet is, can a fellow fold down the rear seats in the Gladiator and lay down in the back?

Yes, you can.
Thanks bro.

Next question:

Any chance you’ve got a pillow and a blanket up there?
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:34 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am

Yes, you can.
Thanks bro.

Next question:

Any chance you’ve got a pillow and a blanket up there?
Looking for a place to live?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

do I have to sign long term, or could we just go month to month?