2019 College Football Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2019 College Football Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:49 am Jeff Long was not a farce at either Pitt or Arkansas, holy god.
Yeah I didn't even touch that one.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:50 am Great!
You have to love that Les is a clown who needs to have the spotlight on him.
That's going to be good for how many wins a season?
It's so fucking unnecessary and the fact that we have a puppet AD (who by the way was a fucking farce at Pitt and Arkansas) who is allowing it shows me it's business as usual for KU Football - and for Jeff Long.

Losing Andrea Hudy has you in a dark place regarding AD Long.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:36 am Local and fan buzz is one thing. National buzz is a different thing.
buzz?

How 'bout some fucking wins.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

No doubt. And he's won everywhere. Even at Okie State when they were trash and before T Boone Pickens money started flowing in.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am You're missing the point Gutter.

There is buzz around FREAKING KANSAS FOOTBALL. I personally think Les doesn't need the spotlight on him. As Brando said in the clip, he just loves to enjoy the moment. I don't know if he craves it or necessarily does that well in it. But he enjoys it and has fun and that's important right now to this program and to this university.

There are plenty of fans from all over, especially from the Bayou who are now paying attention to Kansas football. Even when KU won the Orange Bowl, I don't think they had this much publicity going for them as what they do right now. From Jeff Long, who was the head of the Original CFP committee, to dollars being thrown at recruiting (15th for the 2019 class) and now a FBS Champion at the helm of the program.

Jump on board, Gutter.
How can there not be buzz around KU Football? There has been mega negative buzz for how long now?
As I have been saying for years, there is nowhere to go but up.
Now we have a proven coach - who happens to be a clown - so the media is going to jump on KU and make us a story.
I like Les Miles and I am all for having fun but I don't like his need to create a circus around himself and KU Football because he enjoys having the spotlight on him. It's excessive and unnecessary to me.

That's all.

I'm 100% on board. I'm actually looking forward to the season. I have low expectations so hopefully the young men will surprise me and make the season all that much more enjoyable.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

...and so begins beaverfever being glued to a tv every weekend from now til the super bowl.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That was some bad football to start the season.
Deleted User 266

As much as I admit I still enjoyed the game - I agree. As I said to a buddy last night, The Miami/Florida game was poorly coached. There was a blatant lack of discipline. Too many dumb mistakes. Poor execution on offense. Poor tackling on defense. Etc. Etc. Etc.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Both teams were just trying to give the other team chances to win.

Multiple fumbles. Awful interceptions. And the two pass interferences? Woof.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

in other words, it’s the first game of the year
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://twitter.com/ku_football/status/ ... 47650?s=21

I will say kudos to marketing and social media teams at KU. They are doing their bests with videos and fan involvement to get fan interest up. Nice little video on the eve if the game.

Deleted User 266

Freshman. First college game. Jackpot!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B10Yr8VAENV/
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Awesome
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Kinda fun watching dook get pummeled.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 266

Jeremy Pruitt should have armed body guards. I'm 100% serious.
Deleted User 266

Two Big 10 football teams scored 79 today. That and $2.25 gets me a ride on a bus.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm Kinda fun watching dook get pummeled.

Ehh. I dunno, Bama is kind of the Duke of college football....except they actually win with their purchased talent.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Any concern that the Nichols team we lost to in the opener last year just got curb stomped by ksu?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Nichols State is different this year. Not worried. Nichols State also was probably overwhelmed by that shit smell over there.
Deleted User 266

Paul1 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:00 pm Two Big 10 football teams scored 79 today. That and $2.25 gets me a ride on a bus.
Interesting that the kid on Maryland who died from heatstroke wore #79.

Games of note yesterday......

As I alluded to last night, the Vols blow nuts. Lost by 8 to Georgia State. I believe the Vols were at least a 20 point favorite.

I enjoyed the Oregon/Auburn game. Oregon may have played themselves out of any chance for a Naty.
Auburn has a very tough road ahead.

FSU with an epic choke job. Up 24-6 and 31-13 and then gave up 23 unanswered to lose.

Who would have thought ISU/UNI would be one of the most if not the most exciting game of the day?

My Northwestern squad took an opening week L to Stanford and looked pretty crappy in doing it. Reminded me a lot of the Dook game last year. I'm predicting Northwestern goes 5-7.

Fighting Illness won 42-3. Rose Bowl!

SDSU beat Weber State 6-0. Anyone else figure they could be an OC at SDSU or Weber State?

We have Houston at Oklahoma tonight and Notre Dame at Louisville tomorrow.
My favorite ND trivia question. How many BCS bowl games has ND won this millennium and how many has KU won?

On another note. I believe UCF is going to go undefeated. If they do, does the BCS tell them f you again?
They should. UCF plays Stanford and that's about it.