Kobe

Kansas Basketball.
HouseDivided

Re: Kobe

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:19 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:53 pm I like how everyone assumes Kobe only raped one woman in his life. Dude was a garbage human. Could definitely ball though.

And psych is also a trash human. Kobe and Tiger’s situations are not comparable in any way.
He seems to see anyone who cheats on their spouse in one certain way. Which means for that reason, maybe he sees Tiger and Kobe through the same lens. And honestly, adultery alone is a forever mistake that forever tarnishes my opinion of them forever as well. To utilize power or a position of power to force someone to have sex with you is lower than all but harming a child and murder on my scale.

Which is why I have held my tongue on this whole Kobe "thing" until now.

Hearing all of these stories about the pure volume of good deeds and selfless moments by Kobe in serving his community and in mentoring up and coming players has me reviewing exactly hom much I should be allowing even forever mistakes years in the past to weigh on my opinion of a person.

No matter what, his forever mistake is unforgivable. But it has been good to see someone move from that point in his life to this point.

The only thing that was offputting during this whole Kobe-fest has been thinking about the emotions that must have been spinning through the head of the girl that Kobe allegedly attacked in Colorado. I wonder what she thought of so many referring to Kobe as such a hero and model citizen. I empathized for her. That must have been a strange day.

Ultimately, my heart goes out to his wife and three surviving girls. I hope they are able to find peace and a few really good memories in their journey forward.
They are both a horrible, inexcusable misuse of sex that ends up harming an innocent party. People can euphemism and equivocate all they want, but the fact remains that both acts are the marks of human garbage. Period.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I know another person that HD seems to admire, defend and doesn't think as human garbage who has been accused of rape, sexual assault and harassment much, much more than Kobe.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wrong bored, and for the record, I tried to take it to the right one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Who knows whom i'm talking about.
I just said a person.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohh right on.

Is it Harvey Weinstein?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Could be anyone, really.
Just interesting that Kobe is so much worse than some of these other people who he doesn't call human garbage.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Both can be true though, for some of us, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:32 am Could be anyone, really.
Just interesting that Kobe is so much worse than some of these other people who he doesn't call human garbage.
Tiger too!
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:39 am
pdub wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:32 am Could be anyone, really.
Tiger too!
Is there a One-Eye of the Tiger parody?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:49 am I know another person that HD seems to admire, defend and doesn't think as human garbage who has been accused of rape, sexual assault and harassment much, much more than Kobe.
You are incorrect. There’s no reverence or admiration. He was/is the better of two less than palatable choices.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think you should list out all the good things Kobe has done and what you like about him. And then if people argue against those things you like about him, you should stand up for him. You should be riding in to Kobe’s defense. You don’t like what he says sometimes or what he did but he has done a lot of good too. He’s better than Antonio Brown and Aaron Hernandez after all.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

That’s a pretty flawed analogy. Kobe doesn’t/didn’t have the power to lower my taxes, stimulate the economy, provide better job opportunities, or make decisions that overall make my quality of life better. I have no reason or motivation to defend him.

He put a leather ball through a hoop for a few years and got paid stupid amounts of money for it, which enabled him to avoid prison time for raping a 19 year-old hotel employee who just wanted his autograph. We should absolutely have a national day of remembrance in his honor from this day henceforth.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Speaking of flawed arguments...
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:22 pm Speaking of wrong boreds...
FYP
Last edited by HouseDivided on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...in mass today, Father talked about Kobe...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

An 8 and 24 painted in the grass on the stadium hole par 3 in the waste management tournament today. Flag has 8 and 24 on it too, in laker colors.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:38 pm So...in mass today, Father talked about Kobe...
Time to find a new church.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Kind of an ignorant statement by you - isn't it?
Do you know what was said about Kobe during the mass that DC attended?
What if the clergy person giving the mass spoke of Kobe's transgressions and said he should not be made out as a hero? Then you would still not be ok with it?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:26 am Kind of an ignorant statement by you - isn't it?
Do you know what was said about Kobe during the mass that DC attended?
What if the clergy person giving the mass spoke of Kobe's transgressions and said he should not be made out as a hero? Then you would still not be ok with it?
It was said tongue-in-cheek. Sorry, the sarcasm font on my computer is broken.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:50 pm An 8 and 24 painted in the grass on the stadium hole par 3 in the waste management tournament today. Flag has 8 and 24 on it too, in laker colors.
Buddy that was down there sent me a video of a guy holding a leaf blower up so the camera could get a shot of it since there was next to zero wind that day. I thought that was pretty funny, lol.