Re: Uncle Joe

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:59 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:55 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:37 pm

For sure. 🙄🤔

And i wish.
and you guys wonder why Cascadia calls you trumpers

what reasonable legislation did the previous administration put forth that the dems stifled, or weren’t willing to compromise on?
Youre blind if you think the democrats didnt just spend 4 years doing absolutely anything possible to disrupt and block anything the previous administration presented.
Do you have any specific examples for this question?

what reasonable legislation did the previous administration put forth that the dems stifled, or weren’t willing to compromise on?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Here go the toxic twins. It's been a few hours and they're looking for a good old fashioned argument with some name calling.

🤣🤣🤣
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

quit being a fucking victim

all we asked for was for one of you to back up your silly partisan argument

crickets...
Deleted User 89

i don’t fault most people for their views

i fault them when their views are based on ignorance
Deleted User 863

Maybe the politics bored isn't for you. You go to name calling way too quick. And last time you were here you made a thread to whine about how you were quitting the site.

Try out the golf thread or bbq thread. We are nice to each other in those places. It'll help prevent you getting so triggered.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:59 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:55 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:37 pm

For sure. 🙄🤔

And i wish.
and you guys wonder why Cascadia calls you trumpers

Youre blind if you think the democrats didnt just spend 4 years doing absolutely anything possible to disrupt and block anything the previous administration presented.
Thank God the Dems did spend 4 years trying to disrupt and block some of the things the previous administration presented.
Deleted User 863

There goes the neighborhood
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

What 3 govt shutdowns? The longest in us history, delayed coronavirus funding, i mean. Agree with it or not lets not pretend we sre in some sort of fairy land where rhe democrats are white knights riding in and saving the citizens while doing no wrong. That is as fucking insane as the people who believe trump is a savior and roll maga coal
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:08 pm Maybe the politics bored isn't for you. You go to name calling way too quick. And last time you were here you made a thread to whine about how you were quitting the site.
link?
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:13 pm What 3 govt shutdowns? The longest in us history, delayed coronavirus funding, i mean. Agree with it or not lets not pretend we sre in some sort of fairy land where rhe democrats are white knights riding in and saving the citizens while doing no wrong. That is as fucking insane as the people who believe trump is a savior and roll maga coal
that’s not where i’m coming from at all

not very long ago i was in the same boat as you and illy, and was very much of the opinion that elected dems and pubs were basically two sides of the same coin

the trump presidency has shown, at least to me, that most elected pubs have next to zero integrity...their level of cravenness and “win at all costs” approach to governing is something entirely unrivaled by elected dems

there is a reason progressive, and more notably, CONSERVATIVE, talking heads are wondering wtf is going on in the gop, and whether or not it’ll survive trumpism...and it’s not because both sides are the same
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.c ... ulus-bill/

Gotta get that pork cooked into that relief bill. No reason to focus simply on the direct American relief checks
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:13 pm What 3 govt shutdowns? The longest in us history, delayed coronavirus funding, i mean. Agree with it or not lets not pretend we sre in some sort of fairy land where rhe democrats are white knights riding in and saving the citizens while doing no wrong. That is as fucking insane as the people who believe trump is a savior and roll maga coal
that’s not where i’m coming from at all

not very long ago i was in the same boat as you and illy, and was very much of the opinion that elected dems and pubs were basically two sides of the same coin

the trump presidency has shown, at least to me, that most elected pubs have next to zero integrity...their level of cravenness and “win at all costs” approach to governing is something entirely unrivaled by elected dems

there is a reason progressive, and more notably, CONSERVATIVE, talking heads are wondering wtf is going on in the gop, and whether or not it’ll survive trumpism...and it’s not because both sides are the same
Both sides may not be the same, but the tactics are the same, the selfishness is the same, the greed is the same. Both sides are awful. Fuckem all.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

LOL, notguttergutter.

The only thing I can remember is the trump crime bill, most democrats supported that.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

first gvt shutdown was due to pubs wanting to cancel DACA and deport Dreamers...not reasonable legislation

second one was because trump wanted money for the border wall...again, not reasonable legislation

i couldn’t find anything about a third shutdown...was there a third one?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Remember that time Dems blocked a gop-appointed judge just so they could turn around and blast through three of their own?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:33 pm Remember that time Dems blocked a gop-appointed judge just so they could turn around and blast through three of their own?
Probably the worst example you could've used. That is easily the most probable "both sides would've done it" scenario i can think of.

But this hysteria and disconnect from reality Trump and some from the GOP have shown surrounding election fraud and now the Jan 6 insurrection are unmatched in our country's history. Embarrassing and shameful stain on the history of our country.

Both sides aren't (exactly) the same. But neither side is what I consider "good" (and yes, recently 1 side, the GOP, has been worse). I don't like either side.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So we go from “both sides do it” to “probable both sides would’ve done it,” allsome
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:16 pm So we go from “both sides do it” to “probable both sides would’ve done it,” allsome
You provided that example. And tbh if roles were reversed i wouldn't have thought the Dems were in the wrong had they done the same.

The difference is that you ONLY care because it wasn't "your side" that was #winning.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And this is after the senate Dems killed the supermajority for judicial confirmations to begin with, right?

Wasn’t Garland picked by Obama precisely cuz he was a more moderate nominee who was supposed to appeal to both sides?

Which side is my side, anyway?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:24 pm And this is after the senate Dems killed the supermajority for judicial confirmations to begin with, right?

Wasn’t Garland picked by Obama precisely cuz he was a more moderate nominee who was supposed to appeal to both sides?

Which side is my side, anyway?
You just opened the door for 3 pages of argue.