Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by TDub »

also, apologies for being grumpy...but the whole damn world's a mess and nobody gives a shit about anything other than gotchas....so dumb

also, my kids are sick and I got, at most about 45 minutes of sleep....so....yea...thats not helping my mood.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:02 am how long until China goes after Taiwan?
i said as much a few days ago

i’m sure they are waiting to see how this plays out to know if they could get away with it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:04 am
TDub wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:02 am how long until China goes after Taiwan?
i said as much a few days ago

i’m sure they are waiting to see how this plays out to know if they could get away with it
Im guessing they'll see this as an opportunity to use the distraction to their advantage.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:04 am also, apologies for being grumpy...but the whole damn world's a mess and nobody gives a shit about anything other than gotchas....so dumb

also, my kids are sick and I got, at most about 45 minutes of sleep....so....yea...thats not helping my mood.
i’m with ya…woke up this morning to the mess with russia and texas declaring war on transgender kids

fucked up world when there are so many more pressing things we should be addressing
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:06 am
TDub wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:04 am also, apologies for being grumpy...but the whole damn world's a mess and nobody gives a shit about anything other than gotchas....so dumb

i’m with ya…woke up this morning to the mess with russia and texas declaring war on transgender kids

fucked up world when there are so many more pressing things we should be addressing
just reinforces my natural dislike of most people and desire to live as far away from most of them as possible. ha
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:08 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:06 am

just reinforces my natural dislike of most people and desire to live as far away from most of them as possible. ha
i had this exact conversation yesterday with a native artist i just met that’s from the PacNW
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:54 am
JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:52 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:19 am
I don't need to tell myself anything other than that you grabbed some random fact and tried to make something of it without providing any context to whether or not that fact was abnormal. We have known for a long time that too many Americans live paycheck to paycheck and do not save enough money. It was a problem before Biden, before Trump, before Obama, etc...

But you chose to make it a thing now.
So, you're going to use the "It wuz the guy afore me" excuse? Lotsa Dems seem to use that after they depose a Republican in the White House.
"Americans suck at saving money."
We agree on that.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:55 am
JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:49 am

You're not nearly as clever as you imagine yourself to be. Put down the bong and the smart phone and take responsibility for your life.
You’re right bro.

There’s more to Q’s wealth than just having a rich daddy. There’s also that lucrative import/export side hustle. Q’s stacking cash on that one.

See!

I may not know much, but my years on this earth and my hours upon hours of listening to people in session and dealing with knuckleheads in my classes has convinced me that there is clever and there is desperate attention-seeking.

DC was clever. I'll leave you to determine which category you fall into.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:22 am
JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:52 am

So, you're going to use the "It wuz the guy afore me" excuse? Lotsa Dems seem to use that after they depose a Republican in the White House.
We agree on that.
I’d ask how someone living paycheck to paycheck is supposed to save money

But we both know those paycheck to paycheck types are the most likely to be blowing all their cash on frivolous luxuries, like vacation homes and yachts and rent and groceries and private jets too.

So maybe I should ask, how many paycheck to paycheck types are working multiple jobs?

And if they ARE working multiple jobs just to afford a “living,” then how come they can’t find the time to just like go back to school about it?

(Also, the idea of earning a “living” is one of Q’s favorite capitalist gaslights. As in, unless you’re willing and able to be some economic pawn, then you don’t deserve to live. Nothing motivates quite like the threat of freezing or starving to death! But maybe that’s for the pro-life thread.

Abd before we get too off track, let’s get this thread back on: if the paycheck to paycheck folks are really so down and out, Q says they could always just join the military?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Same here. Our mask mandates expired a week ago and my wife and daughter have now both caught colds. The 2 year break from colds and flus is over.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:33 am
JKLivin wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:22 am

We agree on that.
I’d ask how someone living paycheck to paycheck is supposed to save money
Step 1: Put down the bong
Step 2: Get a second or third job.
Step 3: Recognize that you will have to do without luxuries.
Step 4: Recognize that your kids will not have a smart phone or cool shoes.
Step 5: Accept the realities and live accordingly.

And before you start, I have a Ph.D. and work one full-time and two part-time jobs. That's seven days a week, and has been for the last ten years. I don't have cable, my car is eight years old and has 175,000 miles on it. I have three months until my child support obligations end, at which time I will have an extra $20,000 a year to decide what to do with. I'm guessing I'll save it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

They might get a chance to find out.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

put down the bong…lol

you do realize that prescription meds, namely opioids, are a much bigger issue than weed, don’t you?

talk about virtue signaling…
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

That moment when the guy with the PHD prefers to defend the system that requires a guy with a PHD to work 3 jobs to provide for this family, rather than just be open to something materially better.

Who knows, maybe if he didn’t have to work 3 jobs, he could have a better relationship with his family and everything!

Nah, F that. The important thing is the economy.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

japhy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:51 pm
Qusdahl wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:55 am
japhy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:10 pm Whatever happened to Lee Ving?
Pretty sure this guy was more or less introduced to me through a Perfect Circle cover.

https://youtu.be/8JsCxSiyaAU
That is a pretty sad version. Lee had a lot more conviction in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1HhblSEXoc
Just wanted to say I’m kinda bummed you didn’t like the APC version.

Im tempted to suggest you check it out again, but on your proper stereo instead of presumably a tinny phone speaker

but if you aren’t big on Maynard stuff either way then maybe it’s not worth the effort.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:00 am full of jokes....the world's at war.

fucking propaganda, by whoever and aimed at whoever, is working.

Major global issue and everyone here is still so focused on internal division...memes about "Brandon", fat jokes and Memes about Trump...who's not even in office. Its so tiring.

somebody's winning, but it ain't us.

Well put, my feeling exactly
Defense. Rebounds.