serve and protect

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: serve and protect

Post by japhy »

There we go with the "pipeline" thing again. Pipelines are just inanimate hollow tubular objects used for transportation of liquids and now we have to make them into metaphors for social injustice?

Then again maybe it is a vernacular figure of speech and I can accept it at that. I'll have to overthink about that awhile.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:41 am School cops are a pipeline for minorities to prisons. The cause amd effect has already been decerned and deciphered.
Fact.

Cops should not be there to handle administrative or disciplinary issues.
Deleted User 863

zsn wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:36 pm Bbbbuuttt, bbbuuttt the guy outside Kavanaugh’s house…..

Illy and Mich in 5….4……3……..
They have nothing to do with each other.

Both are very bad.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:29 am
DrPepper wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:41 am School cops are a pipeline for minorities to prisons. The cause amd effect has already been decerned and deciphered.
Fact.

If schools decide to hire armed security, I can guarantee that thousands of them will be retired police officers and that it will result in an increased rate of kids being questioned, suspended and arrested.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:59 am
Fact.

If schools decide to hire armed security, I can guarantee that thousands of them will be retired police officers and that it will result in an increased rate of kids being questioned, suspended and arrested.
It shouldn't though. Schools should work to make sure that isn't an unintended consequence.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Fact.

Illy staying on topic while others digress into the semantics of language?

Wait, I forgot what today is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-SvYlhXf0c
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

japhy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:12 am
Fact.

LOL

Chicken and egg.

I am willing to go whichever route others choose to go with me.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 am

Fact.

It shouldn't though. Schools should work to make sure that isn't an unintended consequence.
"Should". A lot of things should be different than their reality. The reality is that we don't have to wonder whether it will happen because it is already happening and it is already an unintended consequence.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:13 am
japhy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:12 am

Fact.

LOL

Chicken and egg.

I am willing to go whichever route others choose to go with me.
The good things in internet never change though, you are still a twat.

Ooops, there I go with the crude genitalia based vernacular language again.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:16 am

"Should". A lot of things should be different than their reality. The reality is that we don't have to wonder whether it will happen because it is already happening and it is already an unintended consequence.
So don't try to fix it?

I don't understand this line of thinking when it comes to these topics. We must try to fix the issues.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:16 am The reality is that we don't have to wonder whether it will happen because it is already happening and it is already an unintended consequence.
your reality is not my reality at my two local HS. both have full time resource officers on site.

it is a wonderful arrangement that is working wonderfully.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:20 am

So don't try to fix it?

I don't understand this line of thinking when it comes to these topics. We must try to fix the issues.
I would put reducing access to AR15s and high capacity magazines at a far higher priority than hiring more armed security.

I would put properly securing the physical building with single entries and strict locked perimeter door policies at a far higher priority than hiring more armed security.

I would put further development of red flags on a person's ability to buy guns at a higher priority than hiring more armed security.

I would put increasing funding for programs for at risk teens at a higher priority than hiring more armed security.

If all of those things are done and the volume of these mass shootings in schools is not reduced then I would support hiring more armed security.

So no, not "don't try to fix it".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:24 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:16 am The reality is that we don't have to wonder whether it will happen because it is already happening and it is already an unintended consequence.
your reality is not my reality at my two local HS. both have full time resource officers on site.

For you "all or nothing" folks, I did not state that it is having that effect at every single school. Just that it is resulting in an increase.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:37 am
So don't try to fix it?

I would put reducing access to AR15s and high capacity magazines at a far higher priority than hiring more armed security.

I would put properly securing the physical building with single entries and strict locked perimeter door policies at a far higher priority than hiring more armed security.

I would put further development of red flags on a person's ability to buy guns at a higher priority than hiring more armed security.

I would put increasing funding for programs for at risk teens at a higher priority than hiring more armed security.

If all of those things are done and the volume of these mass shootings in schools is not reduced then I would support hiring more armed security.

We can/should do all of those things.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

FWIW (something? nothing?)

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... nt-school/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Jaime Oliver did his entire show this week regarding cops in schools. Interesting watch.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:42 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:37 am

So don't try to fix it?

We can/should do all of those things.
Minus the adding more guns to the mix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:42 am

FWIW (something? nothing?)

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... nt-school/
It might prevent some but it doesn't seem to be the deterrent it is being claimed to be.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:39 am

For you "all or nothing" folks, I did not state that it is having that effect at every single school. Just that it is resulting in an increase.
You seem more all or nothing than Mich tbh.

You've argued with me against single entry and door locks. Security guards. Etc.

If we can't quickly get gun bans done, which I agree need to happen, then we need to do the other things until we can get AR15s off the streets and out of the hands of crazy people.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

A "Resource Officer" is an actual local city/town police officer with extra training in dealing with kids, right? My schools do not have them so I have to ask.
Edit: there is one Resource Officer assigned to the entire district (started in 2019). So if the school has a problem, that office is the first one called I guess.