Dajuan harris junior season

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Dajuan harris junior season

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:18 amI mean, our frontcourt rotation and depth is among the youngest…ever?

2 true freshman, one redshirt transfer in his first year of competition at the D1 level, and 2 sophomores, neither of which is necessarily a true “big”
Yeah, I mentioned this the other day, this is probably the last year we feel the effects of negative recruiting based on the NCAA investigation. The Thompson, Muscadin (RIP), Jossell, TGF class killed us.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:26 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:10 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:07 am MJ Rice was on my milk carton this morning.
Is he hurt again?
In the post game presser, Self said Rice told him he couldn't go today because of his back.
Not sure if encouraging or discouraging.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:19 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:17 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:49 am

Vent your frustrations at your own peril around here apparently.

Harris played well but yeah, he had a few just flat out misses in close. He's a terrible shooter so I think him hitting any wide open threes he takes is found money at this point. Just treat them like Dok free throws. Hitting two in a game is an unexpected bonus.
Terrible shooter = 39.3% career 3pt

Got it.
It's Ok that you don't understand. I don't feel the need to try to explain it to you. Everyone else gets it.
"Everyone else gets it."

Got it.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:19 am Hitting two in a game is an unexpected bonus.
In 22 games this season DH has had 2 or more made 3 pointers 5 times.

I don't consider something that happens 22.7% of the time an unexpected bonus.

(Especially when you consider there are 12 games where he didn't even attempt 2 3pt FGs)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:27 am
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:25 am
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:24 am

Right after the KState kid air-balled a one-foot finger roll too, I just had to laugh.
And then didn't ksu comically carry the ball immediately after Dejuan's horrible miss?
Yeah. It was a sequence of a frantic 45 seconds that was just insane. I believe the loose ball scrum where McCullar jammed his finger happened in that period as well.
I think somewhere in there Jalen dribbled off his foot out of bounds too
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:08 am
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:25 am

And then didn't ksu comically carry the ball immediately after Dejuan's horrible miss?
Yeah. It was a sequence of a frantic 45 seconds that was just insane. I believe the loose ball scrum where McCullar jammed his finger happened in that period as well.
Kiontae also missed a monster dunk in this general time period.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:30 am

Nice for us to be the team having a white-hot run of threes while the other team misses a bunch of bunnies for a change.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:50 am
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:30 am

Nice for us to be the team having a white-hot run of threes while the other team misses a bunch of bunnies for a change.
Highlight 1A from last night was KJ's spin-to-dunk (which, I believe, was our first since Shady against Villanova?).

1B was a finger-roll layup that missed by two feet.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KJs spin dunk was a thing of beauty. Spacial awareness, control. Wonderful.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:34 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:18 amI mean, our frontcourt rotation and depth is among the youngest…ever?

2 true freshman, one redshirt transfer in his first year of competition at the D1 level, and 2 sophomores, neither of which is necessarily a true “big”
Yeah, I mentioned this the other day, this is probably the last year we feel the effects of negative recruiting based on the NCAA investigation. The Thompson, Muscadin (RIP), Jossell, TGF class killed us.
That wasn’t even a horrible class, either.

a legacy burger, a couple top 100ish guys, and a flyer on a top juco prospect.

But yea, we can do better.

And yea, it’s rare will have an entire class transfer away too.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:10 pm

The word during the summer before on both Muscadin and Jossell was that they might not even come in the first place because they weren't good enough. And, they clearly weren't. Staff knew that, they're no dummies.

Regardless, zero remain here.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:49 am

Vent your frustrations at your own peril around here apparently.

Harris played well but yeah, he had a few just flat out misses in close. He's a terrible shooter so I think him hitting any wide open threes he takes is found money at this point. Just treat them like Dok free throws. Hitting two in a game is an unexpected bonus.

Got it.
It's Ok that you don't understand. I don't feel the need to try to explain it to you. Everyone else gets it.
I don't think that pdub or I agreed either on your assertion that he's a "terrible shooter". 122 attempts is not a small sample.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Completely forgot Jossell existed. Looks like he's scoring about 12 a game while basically just shooting threes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm

Got it.
I don't think that pdub or I agreed either on your assertion that he's a "terrible shooter". 122 attempts is not a small sample.
If he wasn't a terrible shooter then he wouldn't be left wide open as part of the scouting by opponents. Opposing coaches love it when Harris takes a three and will live with the results of it. So it's not me saying he's bad; it's ncaa basketball coaches who scout against him.

What % do you think a good shooter like Graham or an elite shooter like Dick would shoot on those wide open threes? I'd bet that the vast majority of Harris' three point attempts have been wide open.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:21 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:10 pm

The word during the summer before on both Muscadin and Jossell was that they might not even come in the first place because they weren't good enough. And, they clearly weren't. Staff knew that, they're no dummies.

Regardless, zero remain here.
Man, if we were really so affected by the ncaa investigation that we had to be recruiting guys we know weren’t even good enough, jeez.

and that “summer before” was almost 3 years ago now. Which was like 3 years after the initial allegations.

…..aaaand here’s your friendly reminder that the ncaa STILL hasn’t issued their final verdict on this shit.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm

Got it.
This is correct.
I do not agree that he is a "terrible shooter".
He's not a good shooter though either - his %'s are bolstered by the amount of space he is given.

Dick would be shooting 60% if given the time and space Harris is...but Dick is a boner of a shooter.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, sometimes it’s hard to get a good shot off with your boner.

How’s 122 attempts compare to other guards in 2.5 seasons?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Teams used to leave Mason open to shoot 3s in his first 3 seasons and he became NPOY as a senior.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

First 2 maybe.
Not his junior year.*

*Come to think of it, i'm not sure this is even true. Mason always was a three point threat to some degree - certainly far more than other players here to make note of this. I do not agree with this example. He was one of our better shooters in 2015 as well.

A better example would be Marcus Garrett here - where teams would visibly sag off him and dare him to shoot from deep.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe by Dajuan's 7th year he'll be a 3 point threat.