Contributor

Re: "Conservative" Republican Fascists & Christo-Fascisism

Post by defixione »

But what about the Biden cartel?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

defixione wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:04 pm But what about the Biden cartel?
Is it "cartel", or "crime family"?

Hey Randy!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

So, I'm a reasonably smart guy. I can keep a lot of plates spinning, follow a decent number of variables.

I enjoy big story arcs, expansive plots, lots of characters. Action/adventure is fun. Good with cliffhangers and mystery boxes.

But I don't even make an attempt at Marvel or Star Wars anymore. I don't have time to make sure I have the right token from each of 631 series entries (in multiple formats), such that I can really understand and appreciate the big picture.

And what's more, the fanboys all talk in this intentionally-obfuscating code, this in-language. Where a casual interloper like me is so (intentionally) intimidated that it's not even worth trying to get into the action, even if I'm interested in what's on offer.

Anyway, guess I'm rambling here on a weekend morning.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is fiction, then there is impossible stories and action that render one's mind weaker and more susceptible to Q fantasies. The new Star Trek/Star Wars stuff had impossible escapes every five minutes or so. The story is the impossible action overwhelming otherwise credulous people. There are groups of us who believe JFK Jr. escaped the cabal and is trying to get in touch with Thor.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

“The brakes on my car have been checked”

Is it 1965 in Arizona?

Out of the 1,000s of ways to murder/ have someone murdered….tampering with brakes is her concern?

I imagine her being a loud mouth with nothing to say is the greatest gift that she can give Dems
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Look kids!!!!
Once again the hypocritical Christian p.o.s. (who looks more and more like a man and a horse every day) is asking people to pray with her for something to go away - that will NOT go away with prayer.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/16 ... 5501976577
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: "Some very fine people!"

Texas man and Donald Trump supporter, Frederick Goltz has been sentenced to prison for threatening officials and their families, including their children.

https://youtu.be/nHVAogHVvhA
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

If you don't want to read the whole article, this sums it up.

The press often treats the struggle over abortion rights and the struggle over voting rights as two discrete issues, but in ways large and small, they're the same issue. There's the 10,000-foot view, where both are ultimately a question over autonomy and self-governance. Republicans don't believe ordinary people should be allowed choices, whether it's over the choice to reproduce or a choice at the ballot box. It's also psychological. Conservative bitterness over abortion rights has come to justify their assaults on democracy. But, as these follow-the-money patterns show, it's also that anti-democratic forces exploit the abortion issue to drum up support for anti-democratic initiatives that end up having negative impacts on every aspect of life, from worker rights to environmental regulation.

What is remarkable about the abortion issue is how much it crystallizes voter attention on the larger issues of democracy. Even though the wording of Issue 1 was deliberately banal, voters knew full well what the result would be: Abortion bans, overriding the clear will of voters. So they turned out in astounding numbers, striking down a ballot initiative that would not just undermine abortion rights, but help dismantle the ability of voters to control their own governance. Turns out the people can and will rally for their rights. Sadly, that just means Republicans will get angrier and more determined to block the democratic process.

There are a lot of issues that the average American can read about and doubt that it affects them personally and ignore it; think of it as the "Mich Syndrome". But EVERY young woman voter in America can read about the abortion issue and know it can effect her and take that as a personal attack. And they know that it is Republicans leading the attack.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-just-tru ... 02530.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:43 am If you don't want to read the whole article, this sums it up.

The press often treats the struggle over abortion rights and the struggle over voting rights as two discrete issues, but in ways large and small, they're the same issue. There's the 10,000-foot view, where both are ultimately a question over autonomy and self-governance. Republicans don't believe ordinary people should be allowed choices, whether it's over the choice to reproduce or a choice at the ballot box. It's also psychological. Conservative bitterness over abortion rights has come to justify their assaults on democracy. But, as these follow-the-money patterns show, it's also that anti-democratic forces exploit the abortion issue to drum up support for anti-democratic initiatives that end up having negative impacts on every aspect of life, from worker rights to environmental regulation.

What is remarkable about the abortion issue is how much it crystallizes voter attention on the larger issues of democracy. Even though the wording of Issue 1 was deliberately banal, voters knew full well what the result would be: Abortion bans, overriding the clear will of voters. So they turned out in astounding numbers, striking down a ballot initiative that would not just undermine abortion rights, but help dismantle the ability of voters to control their own governance. Turns out the people can and will rally for their rights. Sadly, that just means Republicans will get angrier and more determined to block the democratic process.

There are a lot of issues that the average American can read about and doubt that it affects them personally and ignore it; think of it as the "Mich Syndrome". But EVERY young woman voter in America can read about the abortion issue and know it can effect her and take that as a personal attack. And they know that it is Republicans leading the attack.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-just-tru ... 02530.html
It just sort of crystallizes the issue; it's one thing for someone to feel strongly about something. It's quite another for them to foist their religious principles on you and your wife, your daughter, your granddaughter, and so on.

And the young voters - the 18-24 set in particular - can see RIGHT through the bullshit.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ParkHawk wrote:"...The press often treats the struggle over abortion rights and the struggle over voting rights as two discrete issues, but in ways large and small, they're the same issue. There's the 10,000-foot view, where both are ultimately a question over autonomy and self-governance. Republicans don't believe ordinary people should be allowed choices, whether it's over the choice to reproduce or a choice at the ballot box...
Months ago, last winter(?), I heard a democratic political strategist recommend that theme, to merge all the republican attacks on our personal freedoms and campaign on that, rather than on the various individual issues. It made perfect sense to me, but I can't say I've heard the idea again, until now.

Edited to add, this: "... EVERY young woman voter in America can read about the abortion issue and know it can effect her and take that as a personal attack. And they know that it is Republicans leading the attack.
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Feral wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:08 am
ParkHawk wrote:"...The press often treats the struggle over abortion rights and the struggle over voting rights as two discrete issues, but in ways large and small, they're the same issue. There's the 10,000-foot view, where both are ultimately a question over autonomy and self-governance. Republicans don't believe ordinary people should be allowed choices, whether it's over the choice to reproduce or a choice at the ballot box...
Months ago, last winter(?), I heard a democratic political strategist recommend that theme, to merge all the republican attacks on our personal freedoms and campaign on that, rather than on the various individual issues. It made perfect sense to me, but I can't say I've heard the idea again, until now.

Edited to add, this: "... EVERY young woman voter in America can read about the abortion issue and know it can effect her and take that as a personal attack. And they know that it is Republicans leading the attack.
So wait now you believe in 2 genders again? Lol
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Randy the Traitor wrote:"So wait now you believe in 2 genders...?"
I'd believe in any & all genders before I'd believe in a coward like you, who is so weak that rather than admit it when you lose, is willing to support traitors in hopes of not having to face the same reality we all are forced to deal with periodically, when our side loses. You and your loser cult are so special, you think you don't have to live by the same rules, the peaceful transfer of power, Americans have been observing for ~ 240 years.

Pro tip: You're not special at all, coward.
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Feral wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:57 am
Randy the Traitor wrote:"So wait now you believe in 2 genders...?"
I'd believe in any & all genders before I'd believe in a coward like you, who is so weak that rather than admit it when you lose, is willing to support traitors in hopes of not having to face the same reality we all are forced to deal with periodically, when our side loses. You and your loser cult are so special, you think you don't have to live by the same rules, the peaceful transfer of power, Americans have been observing for ~ 240 years.

Pro tip: You're not special at all, coward.
Not one aspect of this is accurate. I didn't think Trump won, I knew a lot of people who voted for biden, most of which had no clue what policies either even believed in. And I'm not voting for Trump in 2024. He's not even one of my top few choices. My top choice is a democrat, but sure as fuck isn't biden

You're clueless
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

In the circumstances, nobody who would make a performative vote should be taken seriously.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Because, of course:

FBI fatally shoots man accused of making violent threats against Biden and Alvin Bragg

https://youtu.be/kmTGJ-TStJ8
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:56 pm Because, of course:

FBI fatally shoots man accused of making violent threats against Biden and Alvin Bragg

https://youtu.be/kmTGJ-TStJ8
And there are hundreds, thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, perhaps more, just like him.

I know the MAGAs aren't great at big numbers, but this is what the government's sought-for protective order is about. If Trump puts enough poison out there, with enough detail, people are going to get killed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

And there are hundreds, thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, perhaps more, just like him.

and that’s just here in Utah
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?