George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by MICHHAWK »

God speed to those jurors. Because if they don't go the right way they are in for a world of hurt.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 pm Well, the trial is likely to not go as many might expect. The question is: how many of you will condemn the violence when we see the riots from the BLM / Antifa thugs? If you support their violence but are against the January 6th protest, then you are intellectually dishonest.
I condemned and still condemn the "violence" and "riots" from the BLM / Antifa thugs.
I still don't know why you group BLM and Antifa together but that's irrelevant right now.
What's not irrelevant is we live in a country that is so fucked up that there are a lot of people who refuse to find fault and disavow the heinous actions of BOTH the "BLM / Antifa thugs" and those who "stormed" the Capitol that had horrible intentions.

Maybe I am wrong but it sure seems YOU have continuously minimized the actions of those on January 6th - and I don't recall your chastising them. Why? Please give me an "intellectually honest" answer.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Judge reinstates 3rd degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well Gutter, for the record, I condemn violence in both cases. But let's look a little deeper into them. The Capitol protest had maybe 5 deaths -- many of them came from the police. Again, I've long argued we have a problem with police brutality (not systemic racism like the media wants). The police were there inviting the protesters to come inside. It was partly a set up, but still, can't take away agency from the people who entered, and this was all done on public property.

In contrast, the BLM / Antifa folks burned down private businesses in several cities, set fire to homes, raped women, shot and murdered people (include black people), blocked freeways, and even took over entire portions of cities (Seattle, etc.).

I think it's clear which was worse, but the news will of course try to appease the mob of violent thugs by claiming it was done to fight "systemic racism", which doesn't exist.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Despite our differences of opinion/s, I respected your response. Until I read your last 5 words.
For your sake, I suggest you don't use the term "intellectually dishonest" to insult other people until you realize how "intellectually dishonest" you are yourself.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The ironic thing is, saying shit like “systemic racism doesn’t exist” is a perfect example of systemic racism.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Is "intellectually dishonest" the new woke term of choice used to silence or cancel those that you may not agree with.

Not to mention you sound like a douche when you use it.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:30 pm The ironic thing is, saying shit like “systemic racism doesn’t exist” is a perfect example of systemic racism.
And a blanket statement like that is just so intellectually dishonest.

If you wanted to argue that the media exaggerates systemic racism, or that as a culture we're moving in the right direction to get rid of systemic racism, or even that some of the problems we see have more to do with historical racism than current racism...I'd listen to those arguments.

But that's way too nuanced for Lobster.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:31 pm Is "intellectually dishonest" the new woke term of choice used to silence or cancel those that you may not agree with.

Yes. (well except for the woke part)

That's exactly how Lobster uses it.

And yes, it does make him sound like a douche. Which is why we say it back to him. But I don't think he gets it.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:36 pm
Sort of like "No one has died from the covid vaccine!" :lol:
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:39 pm
According to the CDC no one has.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

What I really mean is that people who use "systemic racism" as a reason for why they are held back are just people looking for a reason to play the victim (aka blame all their failures in life on others).
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Governments never lie. :lol:
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:31 pm Is "intellectually dishonest" the new woke term of choice used to silence or cancel those that you may not agree with.

I suggest you huddle with lobster to get to the bottom of it. He's the one leveling the accusation at those whose facts he won't accept.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:41 pm

Governments never lie. :lol:
You're insulting every single doctor, nurse, and healthcare provider involved in the vaccination effort accusing them of all being a part of some massive coverup. You're accusing every one at the CDC who works on this, of also being a part of a consipiracy. You're shitting on every single researcher who worked their ass off to give you a safe and protective vaccine when you say this.

They'd all have to be involved in some sort of cover up. And for what? What's their motivation???!?!?! You really think hundreds of thousands of people globally want to develop and administer an unsafe vaccine?

That's so crazy. Doctors and nurses would be shouting from the rooftops if they thought this vaccine was killing people.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Good. Doctors are often wrong and often cause the death of thousands. My best friend is a doctor and he totally agrees with me.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

defixione wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:46 pm

I suggest you huddle with lobster to get to the bottom of it. He's the one leveling the accusation at those whose facts he won't accept.
Not true. There are many now using the new cool phrase "intellectually dishonest" when attempting to silence. All the cool kids are doing it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm What I really mean is that people who use "systemic racism" as a reason for why they are held back are just people looking for a reason to play the victim (aka blame all their failures in life on others).
You mean like when my magahead cousin says he’s afraid he’ll loose his factory job cuz the brown skinned boogeyman is a’comin to take it?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:50 pm Good. Doctors are often wrong and often cause the death of thousands. My best friend is a doctor and he totally agrees with me.
Then why isn't he providing evidence? Why isn't he trying to stop it?

Surely he has a reason that he'd agree with a simpleton like you, what is it?

If he has proof that the vaccine is killing people and he ignores it, he's complicit in every death that happens.

But he doesn't have proof. He probably doesn't even exist.

You're a lying piece of shit. Karma is gonna fuck you up one day.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the only person to use “intellectually dishonest” sincerely is lobster

everyone else uses it to make fun of him, guaranteed