Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by KUTradition »

i love ignorant people that use the word genocide inappropriately
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 am i love ignorant people that use the word genocide inappropriately
Are you saying it's something that can't be "perpetuated?"
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:51 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:50 pm allow me to deny mjl's allegation, and condemn nazism.

someone also let mjl I'm no threat to him, nor to anyone else, if that really needs to be said.

the Overland Park hotel is a reference to B2L's date. If that's what he means as the place he's from, it's entirely coincidental, I didn't even know that.

the only psychotic motherfuckers here are the ones who want to starve kids and bomb entire families off the map.
Actually, some of the things you have posted (on this thread and on others) pretty much confirm you are a psychotic mother fucker.
Before you go on attack or defense mode (or agree), I am fully aware I am a pot calling a kettle black. ;)
thanks for the perspective, gutter.

and thanks for offering as much without saying you'll find me and end me.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:22 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 am i love ignorant people that use the word genocide inappropriately
Are you saying it's something that can't be "perpetuated?"
now that you mention it, yes (lol)

but i was more so alluding to the actual definition of genocide

as i imagine you’d agree, hamas is nothing more than a militant terrorist organization. Israel’s attempt to eradicate hamas, therefor, doesn’t qualify

as someone else said, if Israel really wanted to commit genocide of Palestinians, they could relatively easily (and with much less loss of IDF lives) have razed the whole of Gaza to the ground
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

could have razed the whole of Gaza to the ground….what exactly do you think they’re doing?

And who knows about actual numbers but last I saw Israel claimed something like 60 Hamas targets killed, out of 10000+ overall Gazans killed…that’s like a .006 accuracy rate…not to mention over a million displaced.

I just don’t know what good it does to instead debate the semantics of “genocide.”

Maybe “ethnic cleansing” is more appropriate, if you prefer.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:14 am could have razed the whole of Gaza to the ground….what exactly do you think they’re doing?

And who knows about actual numbers but last I saw Israel claimed something like 60 Hamas targets killed, out of 10000+ overall Gazans killed…that’s like a .006 accuracy rate…not to mention over a million displaced.

I just don’t know what good it does to instead debate the semantics of “genocide.”

Maybe “ethnic cleansing” is more appropriate, if you prefer.
You really can't both (1) exaggerate for effect what's happening, and (2) chide people for pointing out that you're exaggerating for effect.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m not sure I’m exaggerating.

I think this very well may be more likely to go down in the history books something closer to ethnic cleansing or genocide, than some appropriate use of force in the name of self-defense…sadly enough.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if the m.e. needs to blow itself up. what is the rest of us supposed to do. other than pull up a chair.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:47 am if the m.e. needs to blow itself up. what is the rest of us supposed to do. other than pull up a chair.
Thought you were OPPOSED to high gas prices?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Re: hotel rooms in Overland Park.

The place I stayed at was real nice. After my stay, maybe just a little worse.

I’m not looking forward to the repair charge.

Granted, it’s not Gaza Strip type rubble, but it may be close.
Last edited by Back2Lawrence on Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we have uncles high gas prices prior to October 7.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:57 am we have uncles high gas prices prior to October 7.
Some of these words make sense, but I’m struggling to see how they are relevant to my point that you’re responding to.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i think we should all just go back to grunting, since words and their definitions mean so little
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is this still a semantics debate about genocide or ethnic cleansing?

How is it NOT genocide or ethnic cleansing?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:37 pm How is it NOT genocide or ethnic cleansing?
Here's a negative -- one in which I purposefully HIGHLIGHT the negative.

Now prove it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Very interesting occurrences in the southern Bay Area over the past couple of days. On the freeways (in name only during commute hours because the average speed is 20-30 mph….but I digress) we have many pedestrian overpasses and people are always putting up signs for some cause or another. Everyone slows down to read what the signs say and make the bad traffic congestion worse, because…….morans can’t drive and read at the same time…….again, I digress……..

Anyway, on Monday there were signs on multiple overpasses saying “Bring them back home” and “Never forget” with Israeli flags on the sign and people waving Israeli flags. A few honkers. Yesterday, same overpasses, signs said “4000 people killed. Your tax dollars at work” and “Ceasefire now” with Palestinian flags on the signs and people waving Palestinian flags. A few honkers.

I have no other point besides relaying the pulse of a community.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:59 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:37 pm How is it NOT genocide or ethnic cleansing?
Here's a negative -- one in which I purposefully HIGHLIGHT the negative.

Now prove it.
Bro but I’m not the one claiming the negative is so.

“Tens of thousands of civilian casualties, thousands of civilian infrastructures destroyed, food water energy healthcare cut off, millions displaced, this sounds like some kinda ethnic cleanse or genocide.”

No It AiNt!!!

“Well why not?”

NoW YeR TrYnA PrOvE A NeGaTiVe!!!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I don't think you understand how logic -- formal or informal -- works.

And if that's condescending, it's only because you've earned it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Let’s try this:

What would you prefer to call “tens of thousands of civilian casualties, thousands of civilian infrastructures destroyed, food water energy healthcare cut off, millions displaced?”

Self-defense?

Freedom and democracy?

Just for the lulz?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:13 pm What would you prefer to call “tens of thousands of civilian casualties, thousands of civilian infrastructures destroyed, food water energy healthcare cut off, millions displaced?”
The tragic but inevitable consequence of decades of intentionally cultivated hatred, purposefully fomented resentment, and the cynical manipulation of millions of people for crass religious and ideological purposes.