2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Sparko »

Interesting seeing the Cowboys lining up with knuckles/hands across the neutral zone all night without a call. Pretty much a classic case of forward progress.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Still can't believe the Chiefs pulled that one out Sunday.

Down 6 starters, a defense that was struggling big time against the run and against versatile running backs, and the best player in the league still recovering from injury.

Especially huge when you consider ALL the AFC West teams won on Sunday, with 3 of those coming against the mighty NFC North.

AFC West schedule for next 3 months with my predictions.
Chiefs: @ Titans, vs Chargers in Mex City, Bye 2-0
Raiders: Chargers, Bengals, @ Jets 2-1
Chargers: @ Raiders, Chiefs in Mex City, Bye 1-1
Broncos: Bye, @ Vikings, @ Bills 0-2

Best scenario for Chiefs - Chargers beat Oakland on Thursday, and then Chiefs beat Chargers in Mex City.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Things can change quickly, but an awful lot would have to go wrong for the AFC West to be in real jeopardy.

The most interesting spot, to me, is the #2 spot in the AFC. Unless the Chiefs get healthy in a hurry, the #1 spot is out of reach. Getting another bye, though, would be enormous.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, I think they're in the driver's seat for the #2 seed. Texans go to Baltimore, home against Colts and to New England over next 3 games. Brutal. Could easily go 0-3 over that stretch.

Chiefs have 1 game remaining against a team that has a winning record. And it's the Pats, who they've had some success with in the regular season.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 am Yeah, I think they're in the driver's seat for the #2 seed. Texans go to Baltimore, home against Colts and to New England over next 3 games. Brutal. Could easily go 0-3 over that stretch.

Chiefs have 1 game remaining against a team that has a winning record. And it's the Pats, who they've had some success with in the regular season.
Would anyone really be surprised if the Chargers win that Mexico City game? They're looking a lot better, having got healthy themselves.

That's why* there's a bit of pressure to get #15 back and not risk dropping this Titans game.

* It's totally that, and not at all my trip to Nashville this weekend, no sir.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

We have seen similar Chargers teams look dead in the water only to make a run in November and December. Perhaps firing their OC shook things up. Last week Gordon looked the best he has all year. Unless you are a complete bottom feeder team the NFL is such a over reactionary league. Who knows what could take place this week. The best thing the Chiefs can do is keep winning and have as much control over their own destiny as possible.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 amChiefs have 1 game remaining against a team that has a winning record. And it's the Pats, who they've had some success with in the regular season.
Headed to Boston for that game. I think I'm good luck for the Chiefs now.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:31 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 am Yeah, I think they're in the driver's seat for the #2 seed. Texans go to Baltimore, home against Colts and to New England over next 3 games. Brutal. Could easily go 0-3 over that stretch.

Would anyone really be surprised if the Chargers win that Mexico City game? They're looking a lot better, having got healthy themselves.

That's why* there's a bit of pressure to get #15 back and not risk dropping this Titans game.

* It's totally that, and not at all my trip to Nashville this weekend, no sir.
I'm hoping that the Chiefs play him for your sake Fish.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:37 amUnless you are a complete bottom feeder team the NFL is such a over reactionary league.
Bingo. 90% of the teams are within a TD of each other.

Week 9 was by far the wackiest of the season. Teams are going to get worn down or become healthy for second half of season and results should be all over the place.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yep agreed for the most part. However, previous history has shown something that I hadn't noticed for the Chiefs under Reid. Pretty crazy stat here...

Reid's teams at KC have always gone on some sort of run at any point of the season

2013 - Went 9-0
2014 - Went 7-1
2015 - Went 11-0
2016 - Went 8-1
2017 - Went 5-0
2018 - Went 9-1

The Chiefs "run" this year has only been 4-0. Prepare for the Chiefs to have some crazy run come up here with the weaker half of the schedule coming up. Wouldn't at all be a surprise if they went 7-1 or even 8-0 to finish the year after Sunday's game against Minnesota.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Great point ^^^^^
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Butler out for the season for the Titans.
Would be a show if Mahomes could come back.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KC hasn’t lost by more than 7 points for 35 straight games. That’s something that made me do a double take.

5th longest streak of all time.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

While the Andy Reid era hasn't brought a Super Bowl yet he has been the model of consistency and competitiveness.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If only he was as stubborn as Schottenheimer with bad kickers.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:36 pm While the Andy Reid era hasn't brought a Super Bowl yet he has been the model of consistency and competitiveness.
The Bill Self parallels are strong.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Never thought about it like that but pondering on it more I don’t disagree with the take. Big difference being Self has a ring while Big Red doesn’t.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Self also has to win 6 consecutive games in one of the hardest tournaments in the world. Also deals with players who do t want to get hurt and the NCAA randomly suspending players
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Mahommes will start Sunday!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

HE'S BACK!

Good for the Chiefs. Good for Mahomes. Good for Fish.

Chances of it happening again are less than what it was last week. Will wear a brace. Excited to see this new Chiefs defense paired up with Mahomes at QB and not Matt Moore.