George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
PhDhawk

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:55 pm the only person to use “intellectually dishonest” sincerely is lobster

everyone else uses it to make fun of him, guaranteed
yep
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Full of Shit.

Is that better than intellectually dishonest?

Lobster is an idiot who is full of shit.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Where I come from when someone speaks I just nod my head and say " I hear you and I respect you." Versus shouting them down and calling them filthy names.

But I am an adult. And that is just how I was raised.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and where i come from, liars aren’t respected
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'd agree with that.

Until someone is saying things that are verifiably untrue and potentially dangerous. Particularly when the actions that follow don't just affect the person saying them, but stand to hurt other innocent people.

Then, unless you were raised by imbeciles, you have a moral obligation to show them that they are wrong. If you are an adult, that is.

Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:10 pm I'd agree with that.

Until someone is saying things that are verifiably untrue and potentially dangerous. Particularly when the actions that follow don't just affect the person saying them, but stand to hurt other innocent people.

Then, unless you were raised by imbeciles, you have a moral obligation to show them that they are wrong. If you are an adult, that is.
^^^
there’s that too
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Hey childhood mich, what do you wanna be when you grow up?”

“An adult.”
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

How is this beautiful country supposed to heal then unify when all we do is shout at, berate, belittle, vilify, hate on those that we do not see eye to eye with? Riddle me that.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:55 pm the only person to use “intellectually dishonest” sincerely is lobster

I thought that was obvious? 🤔
Deleted User 89

defixione wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:27 pm

I thought that was obvious? 🤔
apparently it wasn’t, at least for some(one)
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

My main point about the George Floyd trial is that we're likely to see more riots after the case (regardless of what happens) and I'm curious to see how the media tries to argue it is justified. Totally disgusting.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:23 pm How is this beautiful country supposed to heal then unify when all we do is shout at, berate, belittle, vilify, hate on those that we do not see eye to eye with? Riddle me that.
You've said a few times that you want to take the vaccine. Even though I have no desire to take it, I'm fine with you deciding what you want to do for your life and your family. It's not my business what you decide to do.

What I'm not fine with is these other people on this site (and on the left) that want to force everyone to take the vaccine. This is what scares me most about where America is heading.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:23 pm How is this beautiful country supposed to heal then unify when all we do is shout at, berate, belittle, vilify, hate on those that we do not see eye to eye with? Riddle me that.
It's not about those we don't see eye to eye with.

It's about those who lie about factual information or things they don't know about.

We can discuss how high taxes should be, or how strict covid restrictions should be, or the extent race plays in someone getting a job.

But if the other person tells you 5 + 5 = 12...you can't have a conversation.

The healing can only start if everyone acknowledges that 5 + 5 = 10

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:33 pm
You've said a few times that you want to take the vaccine. Even though I have no desire to take it, I'm fine with you deciding what you want to do for your life and your family. It's not my business what you decide to do.

What I'm not fine with is these other people on this site (and on the left) that want to force everyone to take the vaccine. This is what scares me most about where America is heading.
But you post information that isn't true about the vaccine, it's safety, its efficacy, about people who died of natural causes being murdered.

You're not just, not taking the vaccine. You're lying in an effort to get others to not take it.

Deleted User 89

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:31 pm My main point about the George Floyd trial is that we're likely to see more riots after the case (regardless of what happens) and I'm curious to see how the media tries to argue it is justified. Totally disgusting.
who riots if he’s found guilty? and will it matter to which charge?

who riots if he’s found not-guilty?
Deleted User 89

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:33 pm

nobody is trying to force anyone

compel? absolutely

governments will do what they think is in the best interests of their citizens

don’t blame us because you don’t agree
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:07 pm Where I come from when someone speaks I just nod my head and say " I hear you and I respect you." Versus shouting them down and calling them filthy names.

But I am an adult. And that is just how I was raised.

Sometimes it's best to do as you do to defuse a situation. It's accepting the other person is a fool and moving on but I will never tell someone I respect them if they are a terrible person doing/saying terrible things. I feel I would be an enabler and an asshole for telling them I respect them - especially if I don't.
Where is YOUR integrity in doing that?

As far as being an adult and how you were raised, I'm an adult who was raised NOT to tolerate ignorance and hatred that is harmful to me and others. To speak up and let it be known when I feel it is warranted. Perhaps a part of that has to do with my mother's and father's ancestors being killed by Nazis. I really don't know but it's probably a safe assumption.
Deleted User 89

i wonder, if mich is one of those that isn’t racist, but isn’t necessarily anti-racism...since, ya know, he respects everyone
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

City of Minneapolis reaches a $27 million settlement with the family of George Floyd
Deleted User 89

ok, but what about the riots?