Another mass shooting

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by ousdahl »

well hey there hippie chick, can I buy you a drink?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:16 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:32 pm

You still need a license for conceal carry
Dumb. But then, you knew it.
My point is true though. This is being blown up by the media to create a frenzy. 29 states have no permit open carry laws with no fanfare.
Wow, never realized that. What are your thoughts on being able to carry without license or training? Regardless of the fact that plenty of states already allow it or this being overblown.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:14 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:16 pm

Dumb. But then, you knew it.
My point is true though. This is being blown up by the media to create a frenzy. 29 states have no permit open carry laws with no fanfare.
Wow, never realized that. What are your thoughts on being able to carry without license or training? Regardless of the fact that plenty of states already allow it or this being overblown.
Theres a percentage of people that are going to carry no matter what....id rather them open carry where i can see it than concealing it. A lot of those people are going to conceal it and carry anyway (without the license)...at least this way everyone is aware its there.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Makes sense on that level.

As a person who is pro-second-amendment but has never held a gun... I'm just surprised that license and training isn't required for ownership. I mean, that's why you need those things to drive - if you do it wrong or have some condition that makes it so it's dangerous for you to use it, you can't legally use it because you could kill someone. I just assumed the same was true of guns.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:27 pm Makes sense on that level.

As a person who is pro-second-amendment but has never held a gun... I'm just surprised that license and training isn't required for ownership. I mean, that's why you need those things to drive - if you do it wrong or have some condition that makes it so it's dangerous for you to use it, you can't legally use it because you could kill someone. I just assumed the same was true of guns.
Background check to purchase. Waiting period on handguns.
But no license to open carry in many states. Of course, to conceal carry you need a license (though not necessarily any training) to hunt you need a license/training.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The conceal carry laws are weird though...the reprocity is negotiated between states and illogical to me. For instance...washington and oregon are not reciprocal. So, if I only have a conceal carry license in washington i can carry on my person hidden or in my truck hidden legally. If i cross the border into Oregon I'm a felon....and vice versa. Thats why everyone wants Utah and Florida conceal carry licenses. They cover most states
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’s only illegal if ya get caught
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:37 pm it’s only illegal if ya get caught
Well....its illegal no matter what...only consequences if you get caught. Ive forgotten it was in my truck though and been in violation. Usually if i remember I'll just toss it on the dash and voila. Back in compliance in most states near me.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

lol...i know
Deleted User 89

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think that's the third shooting at a Kroger (including King Soopers) in the last 18 months or so.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kroger. Damn it. So tired of the gun nuts
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

These piece of shit politicians could watch their fellow politicians get their heads blown off in front of them and they still wouldn't try and do anything about the gun obsession/problem in this country.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:28 pm These piece of shit politicians could watch their own mothers get their heads blown off in front of them and they still wouldn't try and do anything about the gun obsession/problem in this country.
Deleted User 89

https://abcnews.go.com/US/america-gun-v ... d=79222948

America has a gun violence problem. What do we do about it?

Gun data shows mass shootings are an anomaly compared with suicides...

Deleted User 89

why aren’t people in all those red states happier?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Why are people in MT and WY committing suicides? I'd love to live in either state.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:29 pm Why are people in MT and WY committing suicides? I'd love to live in either state.
Most of WY and half of MT are awful. Desolate wastelands full of dipshits. West/NW WY and western MT are awesome.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:29 pm Why are people in MT and WY committing suicides? I'd love to live in either state.
Most of WY and half of MT are awful. Desolate wastelands full of dipshits. West/NW WY and western MT are awesome.
Yes, I used to live in western WY near Jackson.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.