Weather

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by KUTradition »

i tried talking about the weather, but we can’t have nice things
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Always someone else's fault even though you are now involved in these daily.

Self reflection.

We are two peas in a pod.

You'd be better off going back to the old Trad instead of trying to be CascadiaLite..and when you do, i will treat you accordingly like I used to.

Deep down, I like you/your stories. Especially the animal stuff.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

never change
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

We all change every single day in one way or another.

I have hope for you/us. The Trad stock is at an all time low around here, but I believe in buying the dips, so I am committed to turning this around with you. You'll get back to a middle of the pack poster in no time. Stop frolicking in the shit with the likes of me and Cascadia etc.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

trying way too hard
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm trying way too hard
I'm actually being honest with you.

We can stop this dance whenever you want to. You control our path forward around here. I would much rather we at least be polite towards each other.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Blizzard begins.
18 inches baby!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

^^^ this guy gets it.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I just have a problem with the government mandated plowing and parking rules.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:14 am I just have a problem with the government mandated plowing and parking rules.
What’s right for my family’s cars has nothing to do with your family’s cars.

(Glug, glug, glug.)
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It bothers me that they use this experimental emergency gravel on the roads. Sorry, but I don't want my tax dollars going to big gravel. I don't trust big gravel, and I heard hundreds of pro athletes have died from gravel.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:25 am It bothers me that they use this experimental emergency gravel on the roads. Sorry, but I don't want my tax dollars going to big gravel. I don't trust big gravel, and I heard hundreds of pro athletes have died from gravel.
It’s incredibly rare for pot holes to cause fatal accidents. Do you have any idea how much money the Big Pothole Repair industry makes, especially from public funds? My god.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:29 am
PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:25 am It bothers me that they use this experimental emergency gravel on the roads. Sorry, but I don't want my tax dollars going to big gravel. I don't trust big gravel, and I heard hundreds of pro athletes have died from gravel.
It’s incredibly rare for pot holes to cause fatal accidents. Do you have any idea how much money the Big Pothole Repair industry makes, especially from public funds? My god.
Well, then you got the scools closing down and when they open up they make the kids wear coats to school. You can't tell me wearing a coat doesn't negatively impact a student's ability to learn. Damn teachers unions.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We already went full remote for tomorrow.

Early predictions were anywhere from 2 to 25 inches (lol).
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:54 am We already went full remote for tomorrow.

Early predictions were anywhere from 2 to 25 inches (lol).

I know, it's all over the place. I popped in Aldi's to grab a few things and you would think people were preparing for an apocalypse. I did grab some beer (never have too much) :)
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:38 am
Well, then you got the scools closing down and when they open up they make the kids wear coats to school. You can't tell me wearing a coat doesn't negatively impact a student's ability to learn. Damn teachers unions.
So, even if the forecast for tomorrow is wrong and the roads are passable, it is okay for me to claim that the forecasted weather is keeping me from working for the next three days and go hop a flight to the destination of my choice, right? Cuz it's just wrong to expect people to work under these (potential) conditions.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:22 pm

So, even if the forecast for tomorrow is wrong and the roads are passable, it is okay for me to claim that the forecasted weather is keeping me from working for the next three days and go hop a flight to the destination of my choice, right? Cuz it's just wrong to expect people to work under these (potential) conditions.
Yes, definitely, hop a flight outta here for three days and do something fun instead. The straw man will miss you but he will still be here when you get back, refreshed, and ready to kick his ass again.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

japhy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:44 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:22 pm
Yes, definitely, hop a flight outta here for three days and do something fun instead. The straw man will miss you but he will still be here when you get back, refreshed, and ready to kick his ass again.
The straw man might listen to unreliable weather forecasters and end up freezing to death in his car by the side of the highway, though. We should probably all just decide not to leave our homes again until all of the experts agree that it is okay or tell us to f-off.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris