George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by ousdahl »

also, a Virginia cop got fired after pulling over an army lieutenant, holding him at gunpoint, pepper spraying him and his dog, when the guy ask what was going on the cop responded “you’re fixin to ride the lightning, son,” when he said he was scared to get out of the car, cop responded “and you should be.”

The reason for the stop was no license plate, even though there was a temporary tag taped to the window that the cop saw
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

Looney Leftist Oush thinks criminals should get treated better than us law abiding white folks.

But fun fact. I had to buy a new car in May 2020 (expiring June 2020). I rode out of state expired temp tags until I just registered my car in March 2021. Don't think I had even a single look from anyone. But I mean, it is a Volvo.
Last edited by Deleted User 865 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm just glad you didn't have an air freshener hanging from your mirror.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

They shouted at him to keep his hands out of the car and to get out of the car, and arrested him for not complying with orders. That's so fucked up. They expect him to use his feet to unbuckle the seatbelt and open the door?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When they found out he was an army lieutenant, they tried to tell him not to speak up about the incident cuz criminal charges against him could hurt his military career.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Twins/RedSox game postponed due to potential civil unrest following another police shooting...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Wow
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i guess this should go here

fucking texas...

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-hs-stude ... 00-1583095
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:48 pm i guess this should go here

fucking texas...

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-hs-stude ... 00-1583095
JFC
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I know, right?!? I'm OuTRAgED that they weren't publicly flogged or even executed.

High school kids do stupid, insensitive stuff. Nobody died. Maybe move on?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Deleted User 89

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:58 pm
I know, right?!? I'm OuTRAgED that they weren't publicly flogged or even executed.

maybe their school and parents should actually use it as a teaching moment, rather than burry their heads in the sand

thought, i’m sure you agree with their messaging and intent - to downplay the need for social justice/reform
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:02 pm

maybe their school and parents should actually use it as a teaching moment, rather than burry their heads in the sand

thought, i’m sure you agree with their messaging and intent - to downplay the need for social justice/reform
I'm just curious what the teaching moment is. The last day of school and prom are gone and over with. Are we breaking bones, chopping off fingers, revoking college admissions?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Deleted User 89

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:55 pm

I'm just curious what the teaching moment is. The last day of school and prom are gone and over with. Are we breaking bones, chopping off fingers, revoking college admissions?
prom wasn’t over...they all attended the following day

and they aren’t all seniors

this shouldn’t be that hard to understand...even members of their community are embarrassed and ashamed

you think it’s ok?

you think they’re upstanding role models?
Deleted User 89

and you wonder why so many posters have taken issue with you going back to the .com days, psych

maybe you should crawl back under your rock and go back to posting minimally, lest your true colors continue to be outed
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:59 pm

this shouldn’t be that hard to understand...even members of their community are embarrassed and ashamed

you think it’s ok?

I was asking about now. Prom is now over.

I don't think their behavior is ok. I wouldn't allow my kids to do that. They need to learn from it.

My question remains what is an appropriate consequence?
Deleted User 89

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:16 pm

you think it’s ok?

I don't think their behavior is ok. I wouldn't allow my kids to do that. They need to learn from it.

they shoulda been barred from prom, imo, but that boat has sailed

the school can do nothing fir those that were seniors, unfortunately, and it seems likely that the parents of those kids that have graduated would do much of anything, since it’s their parenting (or lack thereof) that at least in part lead to the behavior in the first place

for those that didn’t graduate, some level of suspension or being held out of extra-curricular activities come fall seems warranted...perhaps even coupled with a mandatory writing assignment focused on the issue
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:24 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:16 pm

you think it’s ok?

they shoulda been barred from prom, imo, but that boat has sailed

the school can do nothing fir those that were seniors, unfortunately, and it seems likely that the parents of those kids that have graduated would do much of anything, since it’s their parenting (or lack thereof) that at least in part lead to the behavior in the first place

for those that didn’t graduate, some level of suspension or being held out of extra-curricular activities come fall seems warranted...perhaps even coupled with a mandatory writing assignment focused on the issue
I'm not condoning or excusing their behavior. My concern is that, as a culture, we are trending more toward extremely punitive responses to juvenile behavior/mistakes that has farther-reaching consequences than may be appropriate. Missing prom, suspensions, extracurricular restrictions all seem reasonable. Losing college admissions or scholarships or job opportunities seems a little over the top IMHO.