Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:00 am The vaccine wasn't trialed for transmissibility

Before being released and mass produced, it was trialed to see if it would reduce symptoms and mortality. It did.

But that ignores the fact a large portion of the population was completely asymptomatic, another large portion only had mild symptoms

And only a small sliver of the population had serious symptoms or risk of death
Does this post need to go back to the draft phase, for a retooling?

Because I'm not sure what the third paragraph ("But that ignores...") is supposed to mean.

And the fourth sentence is - yes, again - a continuing struggle with big numbers.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anyone remember the multiple years and millions of dollars "conservative" republicans wasted on congressional investigations into the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi? There were legitimate reasons to want to get to the bottom of what happened, but to then turn around and allege that the 1,161,000 American deaths in the US due to Covid-19 so far, nearly twice the number of any other country, Brazil at 700,000, is nothing, shows you how absurd and insulting the "conservative" republican "position" is. It's stupid and it's anti-science, so it's right up the "conservative" republican alley.

There is no other major developed country in the world with anywhere near the same per capita rate of deaths as the US. And you know why? Because of the countries in the world, the US ranks ~ 50th (I quit counting at ~ 35), in the percent of our population that is vaccinated. And why is that, because Trump politicized the pandemic and the vaccine, and stupid people like Randy eat it up.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:41 am Anyone remember the multiple years and millions of dollars "conservative" republicans wasted on congressional investigations into the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi? There were legitimate reasons to want to get to the bottom of what happened, but to then turn around and allege that the 1,161,000 American deaths in the US due to Covid-19 so far, nearly twice the number of any other country, Brazil at 700,000, is nothing, shows you how absurd and insulting the "conservative" republican "position" is. It's stupid and it's anti-science, so it's right up the "conservative" republican alley.

There is no other major developed country in the world with anywhere near the same per capita rate of deaths as the US. And you know why? Because of the countries in the world, the US ranks ~ 50th (I quit counting at ~ 35), in the percent of our population that is vaccinated. And why is that, because Trump politicized the pandemic and the vaccine, and stupid people like Randy eat it up.
Saying trump politicized it is ignorant as fuck. His political opposition did more so than him, to use against him in the election. And then his people counter politicized it just as much
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And the US also counted their deaths differently. So no shit the numbers were inflated. Anyone that died while being covid positive was labeled a covid death, including people with stage 4 cancer or who died in a car crash
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:41 am Anyone remember the multiple years and millions of dollars "conservative" republicans wasted on congressional investigations into the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi? There were legitimate reasons to want to get to the bottom of what happened, but to then turn around and allege that the 1,161,000 American deaths in the US due to Covid-19 so far, nearly twice the number of any other country, Brazil at 700,000, is nothing, shows you how absurd and insulting the "conservative" republican "position" is. It's stupid and it's anti-science, so it's right up the "conservative" republican alley.

There is no other major developed country in the world with anywhere near the same per capita rate of deaths as the US. And you know why? Because of the countries in the world, the US ranks ~ 50th (I quit counting at ~ 35), in the percent of our population that is vaccinated. And why is that, because Trump politicized the pandemic and the vaccine, and stupid people like Randy and Psych eat it up.
It's fitting to consider this today, when everyone trips over themselves to one-up each other in NEVER FORGET-ITUDE, over something that didn't cost 1/300th of the lives that Covid did (and counting).

For my money, if you were (or are!) antimask, antivax, etc., you can print your NEVER FORGET meme on aluminum foil, wrap a pineapple in that foil, and get down to business.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:42 am

Saying trump politicized it is ignorant as fuck. His political opposition did more so than him, to use against him in the election. And then his people counter politicized it just as much
Randall.

Trump put his personal political fate above YOUR fate from the very start.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... s-n1239658

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... gton-state
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

All those damned democrats protesting masks and demanding the economy open-up unvaccinated. Um, no. Randy is a pretzel when confronted by uncomfortable truths.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yes. As a person that did not need a vaccine or mask, I was comfortable with life continuing. So were most people. Most people faced little threat from covid. Almost everyone of us has had it.

Only the fearful agreed with forcing these ridiculous measures on people. To be honest, the economy should've never shut down. The only thing that did was create more problems
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it is very interesting to see how long those people will use the china fungus as their crutch. their excuse for their failures to launch. "but, but the china fungus."
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:01 pm Yes. As a person that did not need a vaccine or mask, I was comfortable with life continuing. So were most people. Most people faced little threat from covid. Almost everyone of us has had it.

Only the fearful agreed with forcing these ridiculous measures on people. To be honest, the economy should've never shut down. The only thing that did was create more problems
You continue to show zero understanding of the relative use cases for vaccines and masks.

You also continue to fill your diaper over wearing a cloth mask indoors sometimes as some sort of psyche-shattering, Constitution-trampling imposition.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:01 pm Yes. As a person that did not need a vaccine or mask, I was comfortable with life continuing. So were most people. Most people faced little threat from covid. Almost everyone of us has had it.

Economies weren't shut down, buildings were.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:10 pm

You continue to show zero understanding
You could have stopped here
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:25 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:00 pm And bringing the thread back on topic -

At age 83, after 36 years in congress, Nancy Pelosi says she’ll run for re-election

What’s even more impressive is that she was able to say so without suddenly going quiet and staring off into space.
how many G&Ts did she have before she made her statement?

good news, taxpayers might save some money if her and Feinstein travel together and share colostomy bags.
Kindred spirit?

https://twitter.com/ChaoticVegasMan/sta ... 6885619153
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If Ashli Babbitt’s mother didn’t want her to die at law enforcement’s hands storming the Capitol during an insurrection, maybe she should have raised her daughter not to storm the Capitol during an insurrection.

But whaddo I know.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:58 pm If Ashli Babbitt’s mother didn’t want her to die at law enforcement’s hands storming the Capitol during an insurrection, maybe she should have raised her daughter not to storm the Capitol during an insurrection.

But whaddo I know.
Yeah, she caught a bullet because she jumped into the wolf pack. She was sure that the police screaming at her to get away from the door or they will shoot weren’t aware that she was there on..at best, a peaceful (violent) protest.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:58 pm If Ashli Babbitt’s mother didn’t want her to die at law enforcement’s hands storming the Capitol during an insurrection, maybe she should have raised her daughter not to storm the Capitol during an insurrection.

But whaddo I know.
Some very fine bigots, i.e., republicans:

Slain Capitol Rioter's Brother Convicted of Hate Crime in Point Loma

Roger Stefan Witthoeft Jr. has been behind two other assaults in recent years, according to the City Attorney's office

...Ocean Beach resident Roger Stefan Witthoeft Jr., 34, has been convicted of misdemeanor battery with a hate crime allegation and violating the victim’s civil rights in the Sept. 14, 2021, attack on the traffic controller.

During the assault, Witthoeft approached an SDG&E worker who was diverting traffic near the intersection of Mendocino Boulevard and Voltaire Street, according to the City Attorney’s office. After slapping the worker, Witthoeft told the victim to "talk in English you (expletive) immigrant" and to "go back to your country."

Authorities said he faces up to a year in jail, one year of probation and a $1,000 fine in the hate crime attack of the SDG&E worker. He is scheduled to be sentenced on Dec. 13.

[...]

https://twitter.com/BryanDawsonUSA/stat ... 1964084680
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:14 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:25 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:00 pm And bringing the thread back on topic -

At age 83, after 36 years in congress, Nancy Pelosi says she’ll run for re-election

What’s even more impressive is that she was able to say so without suddenly going quiet and staring off into space.
how many G&Ts did she have before she made her statement?

good news, taxpayers might save some money if her and Feinstein travel together and share colostomy bags.
Kindred spirit?

https://twitter.com/ChaoticVegasMan/sta ... 6885619153
I didn't say I wanted her to die.

I'm pretty sure saying someone is an awful person, a drunk, and who illegally used their position to get rich via insider trading and is older than is reasonable to be helping lead the nation

is not the same as

"get a rope".

but I guess thats just me.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:12 pm

I'm pretty sure saying someone is an awful person, a drunk, and who illegally used their position to get rich via insider trading and is older than is reasonable to be helping lead the nation

is not the same as

"get a rope".

This is the second time you've alleged she has a drinking problem. I'm surprised I wasn't aware of that, care to elaborate?
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:49 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:12 pm

is not the same as

"get a rope".

This is the second time you've alleged she has a drinking problem. I'm surprised I wasn't aware of that, care to elaborate?
Not so funny that last night I started to respond to TDub with the following post - and then said fuck it and didn't post it.

A. I'm fairly confident (with people who know her extremely well that can collaborate) she's not a "drunk". What makes you sure (with supporting evidence) that she is a "drunk"?
B. I'm unaware of what she has been found guilty of doing illegally in regards to her (and/or her husband) getting rich via insider trading. What am I missing in regards to your claim?
I'm fairly confident the Pelosi's had substantial money before she was a member of Congress and being that her husband is in the "finance industry" it's not so surprising to me that they amassed more wealth.
C. I MAY (or may not) agree that Pelosi's age is a negative factor in her serving our country but I think it's somewhat foolish to declare (or at least imply) EVERYONE who is 83 years old (or older) to be "older than is reasonable to be helping lead the nation".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.