Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by twocoach »

Andrew Wiggins: “I felt like the only options were to get vaccinated or not play in the NBA. It was a tough decision. Hopefully in 10 years it works out and I’m still healthy.”

Wiggins: “It’s not something I wanted to do. But I was kind of forced into it. … I guess to do certain stuff and to work, you don’t own your body. Hopefully there’s people who are stronger than me and keep fighting for what they believe in.”

Wiggins: “I had a bad reaction a few years to Tylenol and since then I haven’t wanted to take anything. Let stuff heal naturally. … In this case, I had covid and it wasn’t that bad. I didn’t want to take the chance. I don’t know if it causes cancer or anything like that.”

Wiggins: “No one in my family is vaccinated. It’s not really something we believe in.”

Good grief. I get that his parents were athletes in Olympic sports and those athletes can be ultraparanoid of what they put in their system but JFC. Pretty sure he would have had to get certain vaccinations to attend school both in Canada and in the US.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

“Back is definitely against the wall, but I’m just going to keep fighting for what I believe,” Wiggins said. “I’m going to keep fighting for what I believe is right. What’s right to one person isn’t right to the other and vice versa.”
“It’s none of your business, that’s what it comes down to,” Wiggins said in response to what his beliefs entail

I know he has people advising him on what to say and not say but come on man.
In the space of 48 hours he basically pulled a 180 and is admitting he stopped "fighting" for what he believes is right, he is weak, and although he said "it's none of your business", he felt the need to make it their business why he quit his fight.

As far as his "bad" reaction to Tylenol, I would be interested to know what it was.
I assume he is smart enough to know that the vaccine and Tylenol are two different birds.
He said, "let stuff heal naturally". What does getting the vaccine have to do with healing?
"I don't know if it causes cancer or anything". Isn't this the guy who hyped BioSteel? As if he knew exactly what was in it and how it would effect him long term.

“No one in my family is vaccinated. It’s not really something we believe in.”
They don't believe in vaccinations or just the Covid vaccination?

He asked for a religious exemption. Doesn't sound like he had religious reasons for not getting vaccinated and if so, good on the NBA for denying his exemption.

Anyways, thankfully for all involved that saga is over.
Until he claims the vaccine has fucked him up and/or uses it as an excuse if he has a bad season, injury, whatever.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:49 am Andrew Wiggins: “I felt like the only options were to get vaccinated or not play in the NBA. It was a tough decision. Hopefully in 10 years it works out and I’m still healthy.”

Wiggins: “It’s not something I wanted to do. But I was kind of forced into it. … I guess to do certain stuff and to work, you don’t own your body. Hopefully there’s people who are stronger than me and keep fighting for what they believe in.”

Wiggins: “I had a bad reaction a few years to Tylenol and since then I haven’t wanted to take anything. Let stuff heal naturally. … In this case, I had covid and it wasn’t that bad. I didn’t want to take the chance. I don’t know if it causes cancer or anything like that.”

Wiggins: “No one in my family is vaccinated. It’s not really something we believe in.”

Good grief. I get that his parents were athletes in Olympic sports and those athletes can be ultraparanoid of what they put in their system but JFC. Pretty sure he would have had to get certain vaccinations to attend school both in Canada and in the US.
While there are plenty of cringe-y quotes and things that just aren't true in his recent comments, I would have preferred if he just said this from the beginning.

The whole BS religious excuse made him look like an even more selfish d-bag.

He's vaxxed now. Would have lost 8 figures of money if he wouldn't have. Time to play ball.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s the legal test for a religious exemption?

“Sincerely held” and what not.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:28 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:49 am Andrew Wiggins: “I felt like the only options were to get vaccinated or not play in the NBA. It was a tough decision. Hopefully in 10 years it works out and I’m still healthy.”

While there are plenty of cringe-y quotes and things that just aren't true in his recent comments, I would have preferred if he just said this from the beginning.

The whole BS religious excuse made him look like an even more selfish d-bag.

He's vaxxed now. Would have lost 8 figures of money if he wouldn't have. Time to play ball.
Agreed. The religious thing made him look disingenuous.

Also didn't know he previously had covid...at some point we're going to have to find a way to account for natural infections and immunity, right?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

andrew wiggins is a publicity stunt. mission accomplished. he has 13 people on a KU chat board talking about him.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:42 am andrew wiggins is a publicity stunt. mission accomplished. he has 13 people on a KU chat board talking about him.
I genuinely believe that this was not his goal. He is not someone who craves publicity at all.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:30 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:42 am andrew wiggins is a publicity stunt. mission accomplished. he has 13 people on a KU chat board talking about him.
I genuinely believe that this was not his goal. He is not someone who craves publicity at all.
Yeah, but you're not looking at it through Mich's eyes where he immediately assumes the worst in everyone. Except himself, of course.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think twocoach is right

To be fair, generally the kind of folks who want publicity are also the same kinds of folks who wanna be a star

With that said, it’s time for Andrew to get his name in the news for something besides being anti-vax
Deleted User 863

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Saw frank Mason got signed to a training camp deal with the Lakers. He's under 35 years old tho might not be the best fit for them
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

D-

They lost devonte.

Na they drafted some decent looking prospects. Oubre might be a better fit with lamelo and Terry. More size and athleticism. Hard to play with 2 tiny guards together like devonte and Terry. Limits your defense a lot
Deleted User 863

Frank signing a deal with Lakers.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lebron knows no other way to win a ring
Deleted User 887

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Frank mason got waived by the lakers. they signed him to a 10 day contract and waived him one day in... wtf?
Deleted User 887

Deleted User 887

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:18 pm Frank mason got waived by the lakers. they signed him to a 10 day contract and waived him one day in... wtf?
The Lakers probably gave a lot of thought to if they should keep Frank on the 15 man roster and get rid of one of their two HOF PG and/or the guy who is younger than Frank and is better than him.

I figure Frank will either play some G League ball (for the Lakers?) or hopefully latch on to some other team as a 15th man.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I wish frank was bigger. he has NBA level athleticism and skill set. but unfortunately thats something he can never change

6'4 frank mason would be an all star.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If we’re gonna play that game, go bigger yet!

I want Yao Ming size Frank.

all size aside, you gotta figure Frank could at least stick somewhere with a better jumper. Or at the very least, some better pg skills.

But yea, undersized scoring guard who’s only 30% career from deep.