Royals

Other Sports.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Royals

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yes, I very much get highlights and clips from twitter and royals.com compared to watching the game. Will be interesting what happens when Bally fails. I imagine more games on Youtube and other places like that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Mondesi on the 60-day IL for Boston.

Lol
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 am Under/over Royals wins set to 69.5.
Nice.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So you can't watch the games locally unless you have traditional cable?
F that.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I have the MLB network. Still. But not much longer. The Royals lost to a small market team that spends money on good players. Badly. 11 Ks. Bases loads, Melendez swings at ball four and misses. Then weakly grounded into a double play to ensure Greinke will never win again. The talent-level is worse than ever right now. Dozier is still spending his off time not getting better. Staumont somehow is in the minors after not giving up runs in preseason. Garrett is still giving up walks and key hits. Pratto is on the farm club. They seem to have rolled snake-eyes with the new regime. Saved a lot of money I bet.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko is back in mid season form.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Royals are back to their late 90s form. Man that was an ugly opener.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Watching in between the WNIT. Really miss Merrifield. The Royals are an offense challenged team. A good GM would not have sabotaged the team the way Moore did before he left.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Merrifield has been cooked for a while now; what the Royals REALLY miss is a young guy or two helping out here, who came into the organization in a Merrifield trade 2-3 years ago.

(As an aside: the Royals are taking walks and hitting the ball hard. The results will come. But NO organization in baseball is better at shitting on an entire season of fan interest by starting like 3-14.)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

As I told some of my friends who aren't fully aware of Royals fandom. I always say the season is mostly done my middle of May. That's how bad they are at the start of the year. I don't get it.

Maybe they need to move to Florida for Spring Training. lol

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:40 am As I told some of my friends who aren't fully aware of Royals fandom. I always say the season is mostly done my middle of May. That's how bad they are at the start of the year. I don't get it.

Maybe they need to move to Florida for Spring Training. lol
I assume other usually-inept organizations have a history of regularly biffing it right out of the gate...but it certainly FEELS like the Royals are singularly great at it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Just seemed like to me they are missing some regulars and playing like AA. I want to see them turn-around the season immediately, but the Twins were the worst possible opening team for them. Three Royal killers in a row, set up for disaster.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Turns out scoring runs is fun.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Not playing small ball well at all. 0-0 in the sixth but not looking promising. Keep wasting opportunities
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Manoah had zero stuff and the Royals got zero runs on him. They are over-swinging. Lopez should have tried to score on a fly ball. Did not. Really playing stupid. Can't blame Matheny this year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Welp.
Fun season everyone.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Shut out in half their games. 1-5. Not aggressive or smart. I loved the hit and run with one out and a runner in scoring position. Ended the inning. Why bunt or ground the ball through open holes? Steal bases?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Ooof. I usually check box scores everyday for a few weeks at least. Might be a few games between check ins sooner than that.

Also. I know it’s social media, but so many comments on social media posts belittling a downtown stadium. I don’t get it. At all. I know the team sucks, and the K is aesthetically pleasing. But a downtown is the way to go. For so so many reasons.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The worry is that they are not investing in talent but real estate. Getting a 1992 vibe.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. KC Current Stadium, Airport getting similar type hate. It’s just the inter webs.