2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:16 pm I have zero clue what to think of this Chiefs team. They have Super Bowl or outright disasters written all over them.
Their offense is the best in the league when healthy which they arent. And their defense sucks too bad for them to be a threat in the playoffs when healthy, which they arent.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:20 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:15 pm Chiefs are fine guys. Today hurts but you all in good shape.
Eh, OK. Based on what, their 2-4 record in their last six? Their shitty home record? Their shitty defense? Their decimated o line that was mediocre before all their injuries?
If the Chief fanbase is afraid of losing division to Raiders I take back why I said about fans deserving a good team.
Not afraid, just doing the math. The Chiefs D sucks ass and their offense stalls out at crucial times and shoots themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers at other times.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I think their offense will neutralize their bad d based on today’s NFL.

I stick with my you guys alright assertion. But yes, your D is that bad. Titans offense probably one of worst in league.
Deleted User 141

twocoach wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:20 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Eh, OK. Based on what, their 2-4 record in their last six? Their shitty home record? Their shitty defense? Their decimated o line that was mediocre before all their injuries?
If the Chief fanbase is afraid of losing division to Raiders I take back why I said about fans deserving a good team.
Not afraid, just doing the math. The Chiefs D sucks ass and their offense stalls out at crucial times and shoots themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers at other times.
What I do here?

Any math involving the Raiders should automatically result in naught.
Last edited by Deleted User 141 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The Raiders are only a half game back.
Deleted User 141

Go Dolphins!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do the Chiefs get a win if they beat themselves?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Chiefs need running backs to stop fumbling....

It's really too bad they overreacted to the Kareem Hunt situation.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 pm The Raiders are only a half game back.
All 3 divisional games for Raiders left are on the road. KC after next Monday night have all division games at home. But Raiders still get to play Bengals and Jets. 2 bad teams.

Just gotta make the dance. Chiefs can beat anyone. Chiefs can lose to anyone too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Weird day in football.

Saints lose to horrible Falcons at home.

Chiefs choke it away.

Panthers beating Packers in GB.

Browns beat the Bills.

Rams and Steelers tied.

The NFL for you.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That sums it all up.

I said it last week the NFL is an over reactionary league. Last week the Chiefs beat the Vikings and this week they lose to the Titans. Winning in the NFL requires razor thin margins but when you turn the ball over and commit dumb penalties it becomes all most impossible.

Cliche but the Chiefs could win the Super Bowl or they could lose in the wild card. They can be really good but in the same regard they can be very average.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do we even have linebackers?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 pmGo Dolphins!
Nice day for you.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Deleted User 141

KU76erfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:07 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 pmGo Dolphins!
Nice day for you.
I liked it. Wanted Rams to beat Steelers too, but good enough. I don't really think the Titans have any chance to get to playoffs, though, as they have a horrible conference record....that said, they do play the Raiders later in year still, so if they are part of the equation, beating them will be the biggest game of the year that remains, most likely, so some of you can be 3 hour long Titan fans if the Chiefs keep shitting the bed and making the division close when it shouldn't be at all.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The more I think about it the more I believe this years Chiefs season was doomed the minute Mahomes and Fisher were injured. Each injury set in motion where the Chiefs currently are now.
Last year was a dream season were just about any and everything that could go right did (save for an offsides penalty). In a game like the NFL were the margin for winning is so slim unless you are just that much more of a dominating team you need the breaks to go your way in order to win. This year has felt like everything bad that could happen has happened.
The Chiefs will still make the playoffs and probably win the division but does anyone actually believe that this team can win four or five games in a row to win it all. The expectation the minute the clock hit zero on the Pats game was for the Chiefs to return to the AFC Championship game, win and then go to the SB. IMO, anything less than was going to be considered a HUGE failure but now, maybe with everything that has gone wrong is winning the division and getting a wild card win the new expectation?

I really, and I mean really hope we as fans don't look back on the 2018 season as the 'oh what could have been' year. Once the Chiefs pay Mahomes things are going to change in this city.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I absolutely think the Chiefs Super Bowl this year. It took a fumble return for a TD, a botched FG attempt, a blocked FG and several dropped passes for the Chiefs to lose a road game. That doesn’t even address the offensive line injuries. Yesterday was a fluke
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Big fluke.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The only thing, IMO that was a fluke was the botched snap. I'm not sure what happened on that play. Mitch and Kendall both remarked they thought they heard a whistle on the field which shouldn't have an affect on the play anyways.

Everything else that got KC beat has being happening all year. Fumbles by RBs, I'll excuse the drop passes by Hill and Watkins and the defenses inability to stop the run. Which was further compounded by making Pennel inactive and only playings Rags on 34% of the snaps against a run dominant team.

I am going to need some strong convincing that the trio of Veach, Spags and Reid are the right guys to bring a SB back to KC.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

You beat me to it holiday. I was going to say.......

Ok, so a good Chiefs team didn't play a perfect game and they lost because of "flukes" yesterday.
It happens all the time in the NFL - fluke things happening leading to fluke losses.
Look at the bright side of flukes, Breeland doesn't have "fluke"100 yard fumble return against the Lions and the Chiefs are probably a .500 team today.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Certainly you can go around the NFL and say that fluke wins happen, which they certainly do but good teams are generally going to find ways to win a majority of those and bad ones will find ways to lose them.

I just saw a stat that Mahomes is 7-6 in his last 13 starts...think about that.

I want to be wrong but I hope we as Chiefs fans don't look back at the Mahomes prime (health and contract) years with regret.
Holidaysmore - 2005