It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:15 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:15 am not very often does this team win comfortably.
Well then we're due.
Kind of my thought. Although we really flipped that UK spread.

To open at -7 and be pushed to -8.5 so quickly is notable for this one.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:20 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:15 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:15 am not very often does this team win comfortably.
Well then we're due.
Kind of my thought. Although we really flipped that UK spread.

To open at -7 and be pushed to -8.5 so quickly is notable for this one.
That Sills guy for KSU has gone 2-13 from the floor in the three games since erupting for 24 points on 7-11 shooting vs. KU. If we can slow him down and do a better job on Tomlin, who had a 15 & 10 double double, then I think KU should be in good shape. Hopefully Harris is more back to himself and can shut down Nowell and stop turning the ball over so much himself.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yes if Sills goes even 5 points above his season average in points, KU still would have won that game by double digits. Frustrating.

I hope that we are able to contain Nowell again.

His month of January in points each game
4 (KU)

Hope we get an angry AFH tonight.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am Yes if Sills goes even 5 points above his season average in points, KU still would have won that game by double digits. Frustrating.

I hope that we are able to contain Nowell again.

His month of January in points each game
4 (KU)

Hope we get an angry AFH tonight.
It will be full and loud in there. The Chiefs being in the Super Bowl may help provide a little extra energy to the crowd, especially if one of their players is shown on the big screen while in attendance. That would be fun.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 am ESPN+ schedule set way out in advance. When everyone thought kstate was still going to suck. Wish they could change that on the fly like they do for CFB.
Bilas on the call for ESPN+ tonight. His first time on +.

Might be worth it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:42 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 am ESPN+ schedule set way out in advance. When everyone thought kstate was still going to suck. Wish they could change that on the fly like they do for CFB.
Bilas on the call for ESPN+ tonight. His first time on +.

Might be worth it.
ESPN either needs to flex games to ESPN or ESPN+ or make sure that big matchups like this have equivalent production value. Ridiculous that a Top 10 matchup could/will look like a high school game on local TV.

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/16204 ... zPEM82yblw
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I see both sides.

They're trying to put/leave premium matchups on ESPN+ because that is where TV is going and they're trying to get people on that train.

However, there's a lot of people not there quite yet. And while it makes sense for KU/West Va to be on +, an in-state matchup does not.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't think I posted what I meant correctly.

If ESPN+ is the future of TV, then I'm fine being on there even for Kansas-Kansas State, but they just need to make it better, especially for big matchups. The commentators aren't that bad, but the entire thing just seems so amateurish. Comparing ESPN+ to when we're on CBS is just so night and day.

Until that happens, they should flex tonight's game to ESPN or ESPN2.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ah yes. I get it. Yes, I completely agree. I think Bilas being on the broadcast is a good start to that. Lance Blanks is not.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
I don’t have an issue with the actual feed when on ESPN plus.
But thankfully Lance Banks is nowhere to be found tonight.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:19 am I don't think I posted what I meant correctly.

If ESPN+ is the future of TV, then I'm fine being on there even for Kansas-Kansas State, but they just need to make it better, especially for big matchups. The commentators aren't that bad, but the entire thing just seems so amateurish. Comparing ESPN+ to when we're on CBS is just so night and day.

Agreed. Sometimes ESPN+ has a high school production level with a bare minimum of cameras, angles and production quality.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:29 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:19 am I don't think I posted what I meant correctly.

Agreed. Sometimes ESPN+ has a high school production level with a bare minimum of cameras, angles and production quality.
Yep. There's just a lot less spent on the broadcast. They send their teams out very late (and sometimes not at all for commentators), so you get crappy analysis and technical issues on top of all of what you pointed out. I don't know on this for sure, but a lot of feed issues happen when when there are issues on site with the satellite truck. I would buy that ESPN uses cheaper equipment for the ESPN+ stuff.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:23 am Ah yes. I get it. Yes, I completely agree. I think Bilas being on the broadcast is a good start to that. Lance Blanks is not.
Feels like we've been away from Fran forever.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ESPN+ sucks, maybe more than Scott Drew.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:01 pm ESPN+ sucks, maybe more than Scott Drew.
Absolutely. They don't have the infrastructure to stream big games. I never got the ISU game until the end, and then out of Europe. I was able to watch Kansas football without a problem. Basketball is a juggernaut.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've never had any streaming issues on ESPN+ that wasn't directly related to internet issues ( i.e. internet was shitty that evening ) in the, what, five years i've been watching?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:02 pm I've never had any streaming issues on ESPN+ that wasn't directly related to internet issues ( i.e. internet was shitty that evening ) in the, what, five years i've been watching?
I have had a few games where the feed was crappy and had issues but not many. I just think the broadcast quality is shitty thanks to it using their Tier B equipment and announcers. Nice to see that Bilas is on the call so at least they are doing something to make this match up more of a Tier A product.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

When I watch espn+ on my smart TV it is in HD. Unless internet speed is sucking then the quality goes down. Ipad is usually good quality.

When i use chromecast it is so so.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is it ok to assume most sports bars will have ESPN+?

Or is it more of a home streaming thing?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think we win comfortably. KJ carved them up last time until zebras knocked him out of it. That shouldn't happen at AFH