Weather

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Weather

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:11 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:31 pm man, thank the fucking lord for a little actual precipitation this summer. First in like 5 years.

Thunder hits different in the mountains. A narrow valley is basically a big giant natural amphitheater. It gives a whole new dynamic to claps and rumbles.

also enjoying a pretty wild lightning show.
Hope that lightning isn't starting fires.
yea, I didn't wanna say that part out loud.

this is the longest we've made it through the summer without a fire ban in like 5 years too.

while lightning indeed can start fires, 90+ percent of wildfires are started by humans.

so between wetter conditions, and the fact fewer of yall are out camping cuz of the wetter conditions...knock on wood.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:53 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 am it's supposed to be hot in july. if it's hot in january. that's news.
You can mark the changing of the seasons because guys like MICH go from saying "it's supposed to be hot in July, what's the big deal" to "woo-hoo, 55 degree January!"

* Guys like MICH are also very very much "this 67 degree day in July disproves global warming" guy.
BINGO!

How many posts do we need to go back to read.... "78 and not a cloud in the sky. summertime in Michigan"?
I was kind of hoping MICH would give us a daily weather update from June to September so we could see what other weather constitutes "summertime in Michigan".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So true, we always had hot weather. It is 69 degrees and sunny in the Empire. Last night at 10:00 PM it was 63 deg and felt like 62 with the wind chill. Yes, there is a wind chill in July. Why are people whining about the heat? If it is "too hot" where you are, just go someplace where the weather is nicer until it changes for the better and then come back. And if you can't relocate for the short term, get outside and enjoy the lovely sunshine and proclaim what a blessing it is.

British meteorologist John Hammond issued a warning about this week’s deadly heat wave in Europe during a GB News segment. But news anchor Bev Turner’s reaction was right out of “Don’t Look Up” as she noted what a nice day it was, downplayed the threat and then lobbed a bizarre accusation at his entire profession.

“I want us to be happy about the weather,” Turner said. “I don’t know whether something’s happened to meteorologists to make you all a bit fatalistic and harbingers of doom.”

She also complained that “every time I’ve turned on, anyone’s talking about the weather, they’re saying that there’s going to be tons of fatalities, but haven’t we always had hot weather?”

This woman has a future with Fox News.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:43 am So true, we always had hot weather. It is 69 degrees and sunny in the Empire. Last night at 10:00 PM it was 63 deg and felt like 62 with the wind chill. Yes, there is a wind chill in July. Why are people whining about the heat? If it is "too hot" where you are, just go someplace where the weather is nicer until it changes for the better and then come back. And if you can't relocate for the short term, get outside and enjoy the lovely sunshine and proclaim what a blessing it is.

British meteorologist John Hammond issued a warning about this week’s deadly heat wave in Europe during a GB News segment. But news anchor Bev Turner’s reaction was right out of “Don’t Look Up” as she noted what a nice day it was, downplayed the threat and then lobbed a bizarre accusation at his entire profession.

“I want us to be happy about the weather,” Turner said. “I don’t know whether something’s happened to meteorologists to make you all a bit fatalistic and harbingers of doom.”

She also complained that “every time I’ve turned on, anyone’s talking about the weather, they’re saying that there’s going to be tons of fatalities, but haven’t we always had hot weather?”

This woman has a future with Fox News.
"Weather is not climate," someone reasonable will say, moments before sublimation.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:53 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 am it's supposed to be hot in july. if it's hot in january. that's news.
You can mark the changing of the seasons because guys like MICH go from saying "it's supposed to be hot in July, what's the big deal" to "woo-hoo, 55 degree January!"

* Guys like MICH are also very very much "this 67 degree day in July disproves global warming" guy.
MICH is proudly dumb as fuck
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Here or the “nothing cares cuz no one matters any more” thread?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1571 ... Jx2tW7ZPBA
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

meh to the power company failing part

imo, they’d have to have a complete infrastructure overhaul to even attempt to protect from such storms. it doesn’t matter what power company is there
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

weather thread.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

What they need is some paper towels hurled at them
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

weather here in michigan is near perfect for this time of year.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Ft. Myers looks like an atomic bomb went off

i can’t for the life of me understand the rationale of people deciding to ride out such a storm

i was in Daytona 18 years ago when Charlie came through…near identical path across florida for Ian. just unbelievable power and destruction, even after having weakened due to landfall. almost everything is replaceable but your life. why risk it?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:50 am Ft. Myers looks like an atomic bomb went off

i can’t for the life of me understand the rationale of people deciding to ride out such a storm

i was in Daytona 18 years ago when Charlie came through…near identical path across florida for Ian. just unbelievable power and destruction, even after having weakened due to landfall. almost everything is replaceable but your life. why risk it?
Florida Man
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:37 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:50 am Ft. Myers looks like an atomic bomb went off

Florida Man
plenty of “Florida Woman” options too
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so

at what point might it be wise to just stop rebuilding in places that keep getting their asses kicked by nature?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:50 am so

at what point might it be wise to just stop rebuilding in places that keep getting their asses kicked by nature?
Today
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:50 am so

lol

what’re you smokin?

we’re ‘murica…we don’t learn from no history
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Plus, we’ll just take government handouts to rebuild!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

meh

lulz