14 Straight

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: 14 Straight

Post by Deleted User 75 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:42 pm I guess the former, but I have no idea what you're trying to say/spin.

Bill expected to have Silvio until right before the first exhibition. Mitch was not our 3rd option going into the season, which is why the RS plan was in place. They only nixed it after KU made the decision to sit Silvio and work out a position to send to the NCAA--which was the week leading up to the first exhibition.
All I'm saying is nothing changed in that time. The NCAA had already said they weren't dealing with it until investigations/trials were complete.

I think Self knew the entire time he was going to hold SDS out because he knew they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar...and he knew the NCAA wasn't going to clear him to play, and we had not even submitted stuff to even attempt to get him cleared until well into the season.

Mitch was never really going to redshirt and SDS was never really going to play. Regardless of the BS Self has been feeding us for years when it comes to the countless eligibility issues he's had to endure with his recruits.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:47 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 pm I wish Self would have just come out and admitted he knew exactly what was going on and that everyone knows this is happening everywhere....then maybe that would have forced the NCAA to change their stupid rules.

Because now 3 guys who aren't criminals are going to jail for defrauding schools...by sending them top talent to make money off of.

Seems backwards as fuck.
I do agree with this.

Instead Bill said there was absolutely nothing he could do. I didn't like that BS from Bill at all, but let's hope he's playing a longer game, here.
I know he probably had to worry about saying something that got himself in trouble.

I've been wondering when the FBI got ahold of Gassnolla....wonder if TJ tipped off Self that he was snitching and that's how we magically knew to hold Preston out?

I get the SDS coming on conflicting with that, but maybe Gassnolla didn't know we were caught up on the SDS front until after all that went down?

Because 1 thing is apparent and that is TJ is a good friend to Self and clearly protected him.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 pm The NCAA had already said they weren't dealing with it until investigations/trials were complete.
Which, we knew wouldn't stick, and it didn't.

If you want to believe something that is not supported at all, I guess knock yourself out.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:51 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 pm The NCAA had already said they weren't dealing with it until investigations/trials were complete.
Which, we knew wouldn't stick, and it didn't.

If you want to believe something that is not supported at all, I guess knock yourself out.
True.

I'm not wanting to believe anything. Mitch didn't redshirt and SDS didn't play. So it is what it is. I'm not discrediting your info, I fully believe it. I just don't believe everything Self says because he has a track record of being misleading.

None of that meant in a rude way towards you at all.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Such a terrible shooting team. But the defensive effort on the road was garbage. Self needs to ensure whoever plays the last of this spring, they burn the floor with effort.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 pm I wish Self would have just come out and admitted he knew exactly what was going on and that everyone knows this is happening everywhere....then maybe that would have forced the NCAA to change their stupid rules.

Because now 3 guys who aren't criminals are going to jail for defrauding schools...by sending them top talent to make money off of.

Seems backwards as fuck.
The only thing that would have happened if Self admitted he knew what was going on is that Self would have lost his job. The notion that a coach admitting they broke the rules would push the NCAA to change their rules is ridiculous. It would do no such thing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

part of me wishes he had raised a fuss and brought attention to how fucked up The Rules are and how they do so much more harm than good, while not necessarily admitting he new what what going on.

but part of me also wishes that instead of withholding Silvio and self-reporting we would have just said "we good" and played Silvio all along.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

clowns are keeping it close against TT...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Last senior night loss was 1982.

That streak is still alive and well.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

commemorative video for the streak was pretty sweet

and made me feel old
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Sooners are ripping the nets, shooting 16% from three. Four days of practice hasn't helped them improve.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:27 pm commemorative video for the streak was pretty sweet

and made me feel old
Agreed. They did a good job with that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Weird Fieldhouse day. Nothing on the line. GA filled the student section. Choppy game with no flow. Still packed, but just a weird feel.

Baylor played harder than we did but just aren’t very good.

One good takeaway from this season is being undefeated at home. I didn’t like that some teams have come I. The past couple of seasons and pushed us around.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:41 pm Weird Fieldhouse day. Nothing on the line. GA filled the student section. Choppy game with no flow. Still packed, but just a weird feel.
family members that went said the same, that it just felt weird
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

vmlb wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:06 pm Sooners are ripping the nets, shooting 16% from three. Four days of practice hasn't helped them improve.
Manek = 4 pts and OU made 5-17 3s. Some of that I’m sure is because KSU plays better half court D but still almost comical how much better teams seem to shoot against Ku compared to other teams.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:44 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:41 pm Weird Fieldhouse day. Nothing on the line. GA filled the student section. Choppy game with no flow. Still packed, but just a weird feel.
Absolutely nothing to play for. Not even a senior player.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:44 pm
Absolutely nothing to play for. Not even a senior player.
Yeah it was alright, I guess. Nothing too crazy. Crowd was fairly dead. Players didn’t have too much emotion. Just one of those games that AFH hasn’t seen in a while.

Still a fun atmosphere and place was packed still. I was a little surprised at that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

heard there were two guys in the student section wearing mizzou shirts

wtf...that sort of thing wouldn’t have been allowed when i was a student
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:58 am heard there were two guys in the student section wearing mizzou shirts

wtf...that sort of thing wouldn’t have been allowed when i was a student
Saw multiple people with kstate hats as well. Odd.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Culver gets POY
Beard COY
Dedric NCOY
Brown DPOY
Hayes FOY

Dedric gets 1st team, Dotson 3rd team, Garrett Defensive team.

No surprises anywhere.